PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how the DB's r doing@ the Combine?

Fotbol
02-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Trying to find out bout M-Square's very own Matterrial "Red" Richardson.

Fotbol
02-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Overview
A physical cornerback whose best NFL position may be at free safety, Richardson briefly played the position while at Arkansas but was viewed as so effective in press coverage he was moved back to corner. An effective press corner who uses his hands well to jam the receiver, the concern with Richardson is that he simply lacks the foot speed necessary to remain as a man-to-man cornerback in the NFL. With little experience at safety, however, and Arkansas' reliance on press coverage, how Richardson would react to playing in space and reading the quarterback makes him a late-round talent.

High School
He made 87 tackles and snared seven interceptions in his senior season for Coach Jerry Malone. He helped lead his prep team to a state championship berth against Atlanta High School and fellow Razorback Dallas Washington. The Waco Tribune-Herald named him to its Super Centex football first team and rated him as the No. 7 prospect in Central Texas. He was also recruited by Kansas, TCU and Texas A&M.

Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange.

Analysis
Analysis
Positives: Well-built athlete with room for additional growth. ... Tough defender who seems to enjoy the physicality of the game. ... Strong in run support and is willing to take on blocks to get to the ballcarrier. ... Uses his hands well in press coverage. ... Some experience at safety.

Negatives: Classic 'tweener prospect. ... Lacks the speed for cornerback and may lack the instincts and ball skills teams prefer for safety. ... Plays his man, not the ball while in coverage, too often losing out in jump ball situations despite his physicality. ... Marginal ball skills.

Copyright NFLDraftScout.com, distributed by The Sports Xchange.

Q & A
Growing up, who was your favorite NFL player and why?
Deion Sanders because he plays my position.
What TV-show marathon will keep you on the couch all day?
Martin
What celebrity would play you in the movie version of your life and why?
Blair Underwood because he's a great actor.
What is one thing your teammates don't know about you?
I listen to a lot of R
What's your proudest moment in football? Proudest moment off the field?
Beating LSU; Going to a big university.
When you play Madden, what team do you use? Do you put yourself on the team?
San Diego Chargers.
Who has been the biggest influence on your football career and how?
My uncle because he wants me to succeed on and off the field.