2. Tony Dorsett :mad:

Lion_Addict
02-26-2008, 01:45 PM
1.Cal Ripken/ Bob Lilly

2.Tony Dorsett/ Alex Rodriguez

injuredinmelee
02-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Warren Moon/John Daly/Earl Campbell

Vijay Singh/ J.B. Holmes (golfers for you who didnt know)

TMer25
02-26-2008, 02:03 PM
1. Dominique Wilkins/Doc Rivers/David Robinson

2. Tony Parker/Stephon Marbury

coach
02-26-2008, 02:30 PM
1. Mike madono and earl cambell

2. i havent really met a jerk but if i had to pick it would be darrel k royal but im not calling him a jerk, it was about 10 at night and i think he was just having a bad day bc we looked tired and didnt want to be there

TexanAlum_06
02-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Havent really met many pros but mine are as follows:

1: Derrick Jonhson and Herschel Walker

2: Vince Young and Craig Stadler(golfer)

as far as celebrities go

1. Arnold Schwarzenneger

2. Sandra Bullock

and Roy Williams has to be the all time funniest!;)

crzyjournalist03
02-26-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Among the pro athletes you have met:

1. Who was the nicest?

2. Who was the biggest jerk?

1. Gary Matthews, Jr.; Fransisco Cordero, Craig Ludwig

2. Never personally have met someone who was a total jerk, but I was at a function a couple of years ago where Michael Irivn acted like one to a bunch of fans.

I'd put Mark Cuban as #1 on the nicest person I've ever met, but since he's not an athlete, I didn't put him on the list.

Necks_Fan
02-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
1. Dominique Wilkins/Doc Rivers/David Robinson

2. Tony Parker/Stephon Marbury

I completely disagree about Stephon Marbury.

He was possibly the nicest out of all the New York Knicks.

I met the entire team last year at a Rocket's Game in the locker room. Also, Yao was really cool to me; he signed a basketball for me.

Him and Eddy Curry and David Lee and Nate Robinson gave me autographs and they were all really cool about it.

I also met Corey Bradford about 4 times and David Carr's Family goes to my church so I met him a couple times; really nice family.

As for rude pros, I would have to say Nolan Ryan, he blew me off one time when I saw him at a gas station in Alvin and asked for his autograph.

He's the only pro that wasn't cool about it.

kepdawg
02-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
As for rude pros, I would have to say Nolan Ryan, he blew me off one time when I saw him at a gas station in Alvin and asked for his autograph.

He's the only pro that wasn't cool about it.

You didn't happen to have a snow monkey with you? :D

Necks_Fan
02-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
You didn't happen to have a snow monkey with you? :D What? I didn't get it.

kepdawg
02-26-2008, 05:30 PM
What? I didn't get it.

Snow Monkeys (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78367&highlight=monkeys)

Maroon87
02-26-2008, 06:51 PM
Nicest: Nolan Ryan/Barry Sanders

Jerk:Not really a jerk, but LaVar Arrington was pretty full of himself.

TMer25
02-26-2008, 07:25 PM
I completely disagree about Stephon Marbury.

After seeing him turn down my 6 year old nephew's request for an autograph by saying "maybe if you had a Knicks jersey on I would say yes", he tends to fall on the rude side for me. It was my experience with him, doesn't mean he can't be nice. He was just a jerk on the occasion I had interaction with him.

big daddy russ
02-28-2008, 12:09 AM
Nicest- Arnold Palmer, with David Robinson finishing a close second. This may surprise some, but Ron Artest is also a great guy.

Rudest- The Brooks Kieschnick (for those of you who remember him) I met is a complete terd. I've only met him twice-- once when I was in HS and once when I was a reporter-- and was a j/a both times. He may be a completely different guy around his family and friends, but I'm not a big fan.

JR2004
02-28-2008, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Nicest- Arnold Palmer, with David Robinson finishing a close second. This may surprise some, but Ron Artest is also a great guy.

Rudest- The Brooks Kieschnick (for those of you who remember him) I met is a complete terd. I've only met him twice-- once when I was in HS and once when I was a reporter-- and was a j/a both times. He may be a completely different guy around his family and friends, but I'm not a big fan.

Ron Ron is a pretty funny guy. He may be crazy, but he seems like a good guy for the most part.

I remember watching Brooks going back to his days at UT. It's humorous that he wound up ending his career as a pitcher.

big daddy russ
02-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Ron Ron is a pretty funny guy. He may be crazy, but he seems like a good guy for the most part.

I remember watching Brooks going back to his days at UT. It's humorous that he wound up ending his career as a pitcher.
We (my old boss and I) hung out with Artest at the Alamodome after a game against San Antonio a few years back... back when he was still with the Bulls. '01, maybe?

He had us in stitches the whole time and was just one of those guys who genuinely seemed to care about his teammates. I've rooted for him ever since.

JR2004
02-28-2008, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
He had us in stitches the whole time and was just one of those guys who genuinely seemed to care about his teammates.

As long as that teammate isn't named Mike Bibby it's all good with him...lol.

Like Bill Simmons in his Trade Machine article, I was really hoping for a Captain Jack-Ron Ron reunion in the Bay Area. Too bad it didn't happen.

grmfan93
02-28-2008, 08:31 AM
Vijay is one the biggest jerks....when all the pros are done they walk to do autographs vijay will go around the whole course just so he doesnt have to sign anything...he also cheats and trys to blame it on someone else

piratebg
02-28-2008, 08:48 AM
Terry Labonte was a pretty nice guy. I really haven't met anyone else.