PDA

View Full Version : Hey Wylie, too bad Hugh doesn't coach the girl's golf team...

Sweetwater Red
02-26-2008, 12:16 PM
....54 strokes?:thinking: :devil:

Lady Mustangs win Sweetwater Classic
Written by Staff Reports
Tuesday, 26 February 2008
The Sweetwater girls golf team dominated play this past weekend at the Sweetwater Classic at Sweetwater Country Club by winning by 54 strokes over second place Wylie.
The Lady Mustangs finished with three players in the top four overall.
Ashley Timm was the individual medalist with a two-day total of 142. Friday, Timm shot a personal best even par 72. Then on Saturday she beat the previous day’s score by shooting a 2-under 70.
Finishing in second place overall was Sweetwater’s Sarah Cumbie with a two-day total of 163. Cumbie’s score of 163 included a personal best 78 on Friday.
Also shooting a career best was Sweetwater’s Jordan Gra-ham who shot an 89 on Friday on her way to a total of 181 good for a fourth place finish.
Also competing for Sweet-water’s first team were Kendra Chowning (198) and Lexee Cleckler (204).
Sweetwater’s second team finished in eighth place with a total of 864.
Contributing to the top 10 finish were Kaila Boggs (208), Morgan Gomez (214), Lauren Gerold (219), Sierra Velaszuez (231) and Katie High (239).
Sweetwater’s third team also finished in the top 10 with a total of 1,004 for a tenth place finish.
Competing for the third team were Sarah Costillo (246), Christian Richardson (252), Leila Rubio (253), Angela Vir-gen (253) and Darlan Petty (278).
Competing as medalists for Sweetwater and playing one round in the tournament were Jodie May (99), Sarah Witt (112), April Lujan (115), Yvette Caballero (123), Johana Martinez (137) and Bridget Mills (140).
Competing as medalists for the Lady Mustangs and playing both rounds of the tournament were Alysa Gutierrez (268) and Felicia Guzman (282).
The Sweetwater girls next travel to Midland to play in the Midland Invitational on Friday and Saturday.

http://www.sweetwaterreporter.com/content/view/79606/122/

kaorder1999
02-26-2008, 12:20 PM
i dont know much about either school but has Wylie been so successful that Sweetwater is that excited about a Girl's golf victory? just wondering!

NastySlot
02-26-2008, 12:21 PM
with those scores it wouldn't matter who coached the competition.

jason
02-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Alysa Gutierrez (268) and Felicia Guzman (282)

?????

holy crap - how is that even fun???

kaorder doesnt even shoot THAT bad....

kaorder1999
02-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by jason

?????

no kidding. good thing in our district their is a 9 stroke limit per hole....

DaHop72
02-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
no kidding. good thing in our district their is a 9 stroke limit per hole.... There is a 9 stroke limit in their district as well. Those are 2 day totals.

Adidas410s
02-26-2008, 12:31 PM
You should take a look at the history of Wylie girls golf. They've been down the past few years...but their streak of state tourney appearances and a few state champs far surpasses whatever Sweetwater has done!

thewyliefan
02-26-2008, 12:51 PM
cant say i remember much in the way of hearing about wylie golf when i went there....i used to see them getting ready to leave to go to tourneys but that was about it.

kaorder1999
02-26-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
There is a 9 stroke limit in their district as well. Those are 2 day totals.

missed that...you are right. Bunch of girls in o ur District would have two day totals of 324

Sweetwater Red
02-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You should take a look at the history of Wylie girls golf. They've been down the past few years...but their streak of state tourney appearances and a few state champs far surpasses whatever Sweetwater has done!

In 2005, Kelly Rainbolt won the individual state championship
and the team placed third.

http://www.uil.utexas.edu/athletics/archives/golf/04_05/3A_results.html

Maybe a case of one school on the rise and another on the
decline in girl's golf?:thinking: :devil:

STANG RED
02-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Gotta keep in mind this was on their home course they play every day. But still, a very good job by the Lady Mustangs. Carola Martin has really done a great job with the girls golf team since taking it over about 5 or 6 years ago. She is a fine lady and coach, and gets the most out of those girls every year. And if I'm not mistaken she was just one of the PE teachers before agreeing to take over the golf team. Now she has built a program that's usually pretty solid every year.

injuredinmelee
02-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Wylie lost a lot of athletic talent from the Golf Team when they began girls softball a few years ago.

Snydertigersrul
02-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

What team about 40 miles down the road finished in front of them that year at the district, regional and state tournaments? I will give you three guesses and the first two don't count.

:D

nobogey72
02-26-2008, 02:18 PM

That is definitely the case. Sweetwater has kicked Wylie in boys and girls golf the past 5 or 6 years. We just don't have the kids coming out anymore. Sweetwater's success IMO is not only due to having a good coach, but also having a head pro at the local Country Club that loves kids and takes an interest in them and creates a love for the game. He has been working with and giving lessons to some of those kids since they were 8 or 9 years old. Wylie used to have that kind of situation with the head pros at Fairway Oaks, but the last few years it hasn't been the same. :( :(

Snydertigersrul
02-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
That is definitely the case. Sweetwater has kicked Wylie in boys and girls golf the past 5 or 6 years. We just don't have the kids coming out anymore. Sweetwater's success IMO is not only due to having a good coach, but also having a head pro at the local Country Club that loves kids and takes an interest in them and creates a love for the game. He has been working with and giving lessons to some of those kids since they were 8 or 9 years old. Wylie used to have that kind of situation with the head pros at Fairway Oaks, but the last few years it hasn't been the same. :( :(

How many state championship golf trophies are in the trophy case?

nobogey72
02-26-2008, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
How many state championship golf trophies are in the trophy case?

Snydertigersrul,

Was there something in my post that sounded like bragging or trash talking to you? But, to answer your question, I think Wylie has 2 and both of them were back in late 80's or early 90's. But, I will say that it is fixing to get better. Abilene Country Club recently bought Fairway Oaks (which has been struggling for years) and I am noticing alot more kids playing golf in the last year or so, which is what it takes to have successful HS teams. :)

TinyTim
02-26-2008, 03:38 PM
It also takes a program which extends into the summer.

Just ask the Snyder coach.

Argueably the best golfer in the district is not even playing golf and lives in the Wylie district.

Adidas410s
02-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Once Fairway all but went under (what was it...3 owners in a 4 or 5 year span???) the golf program went under. The kids that were still playing had to go over to ACC to do anything...and you lost the kids that grew up on the golf course. Notice how the boys basketball team turned into a Top 10 program in 3A at the same the boys golf team stopped competing for a state title. The same correlation can be made between girls golf w/ when soccer and softball started up at Wylie.

44INAROW
02-26-2008, 03:51 PM
dang, I wish I could interject some into this conversation, but sadly, my golfer and 3 of his teammates graduated in 07 - they did have a successful career in high school..... as well as the previous 4 guys before them. 6 out of the last 7 years - trips to State :)
ok - you'll can go back to the discussion - I just felt left out :D

nobogey72
02-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by TinyTim
It also takes a program which extends into the summer.

Just ask the Snyder coach.

Argueably the best golfer in the district is not even playing golf and lives in the Wylie district.

So............Why don't you lose the chip, and encourage him to get back out there? :confused: :confused:

Not to put you on the spot, but there are many that would like to know.

force1
02-26-2008, 05:09 PM
if i remember this right bout 2 yrs ago the snyder girls won district by 100+ strokes and the guys won district by 60 something strokes:thinking:

injuredinmelee
02-26-2008, 05:09 PM
So............Why don't you lose the chip, and encourage him to get back out there? :confused: :confused:

and doesnt he live like RIGHT across the street from the main entrance to Fairway? Was the team that great when Trey Todd was there or was he the only good golfer then?

Emerson1
02-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by jason

?????

A kid I played with today shot 140.....

nobogey72
02-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
and doesnt he live like RIGHT across the street from the main entrance to Fairway? Was the team that great when Trey Todd was there or was he the only good golfer then?

Wrong guy. The one Tiny is talking about is just now a Jr. 2 of the yrs that Trey was there, Beau Davis was also there, but that was about it.

TinyTim
02-27-2008, 10:17 AM

I just checked my mail this morning to find out that I have a chip. I wish that I knew what the h____ you were talking about nobogey.

I do not have any say as to why or why not Taylor O. doesn't play golf for Wylie.

I do know that he is a one sport kid and that he is the best player in the Wylie district because he plays only golf.

Now, if you want to put me on the spot and would like to know (I am assuming about my son and golf), I can tell you that he plays three varsity sports (Basketball, Track and Baseball) and doesn't have time for the fourth (being golf).

Lets change the subject. When is Spurrier taking over at Stephenville?

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 10:39 AM
I'll throw my 2 cents in here and remind everybody that Graham will be in your district next year and the boys golf team placed 2nd last year at State and the girls went to the Regional tournament. Also, our boys won the Midland tournament last weekend about 33 strokes under Andrews.
Not bragging..... just letting you guys know what Graham will have waiting for you.
Also, JR has an excellent summer program in place at the local CC. We have about 40 3rd thru 8th grade kids come out ever summer to play in his program.

nobogey72
02-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
I'll throw my 2 cents in here and remind everybody that Graham will be in your district next year and the boys golf team placed 2nd last year at State and the girls went to the Regional tournament. Also, our boys won the Midland tournament last weekend about 33 strokes under Andrews.
Not bragging..... just letting you guys know what Graham will have waiting for you.
Also, JR has an excellent summer program in place at the local CC. We have about 40 3rd thru 8th grade kids come out ever summer to play in his program.

Who rattled your cage woman?:D

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 10:56 AM
Nobody- I was just bragging a little on the Steer goofers- I mean golfers. What's up old timer? You trying to talk smack to me or what? Like you know anything about golf?!?!?

44INAROW
02-27-2008, 11:40 AM
I'll throw my 2 cents in here and remind everybody that Graham will be in your district next year and the boys golf team placed 2nd last year at State and the girls went to the Regional tournament.

I am not being picky - but if I recall, Graham came in 7th - not 2nd.. (still nothing to sneeze at by far)

DaHop72
02-27-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I am not being picky - but if I recall, Graham came in 7th - not 2nd.. (still nothing to sneeze at by far)
3A Boys Golf, Results

Team Results

School First Round Score Second Round Score Total Score

Castroville Medina Valley A 292 304 596
Palestine 299 306 605
Andrews 304 310 614
Gatesville 312 305 617
Cuero 307 311 618
Longview Spring Hill 313 314 627
Graham 308 321 629
Atlanta 323 318 641

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Yes, they did come in 7th last season and 2nd the year before- my bad. Wow, I it is funny how you guys all jump on when a person miscommunicates........

44INAROW
02-27-2008, 12:04 PM
Yes, they did come in 7th last season and 2nd the year before- my bad. Wow, I it is funny how you guys all jump on when a person miscommunicates........
OMG you just didnt' say that did you??? all I did was make a CORRECT statement........... jeez... lighten up

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 12:06 PM
It was a joke- you lighten up.... GEEZZZZZ!

DaHop72
02-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Yes, they did come in 7th last season and 2nd the year before- my bad. Wow, I it is funny how you guys all jump on when a person miscommunicates........ :weeping: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 12:09 PM
I would like to say for once and for those that KNOW me (they will tell you) I like to joke and I am sarcastic- just like the rest of you. I am not a horrible person. Do not take my statements and writings too seriously..... I like to joke around, too. It is all in fun. I think you guys take me wwwwaaaayyyyyy too seriously.

DaHop72
02-27-2008, 12:10 PM
As Sgt. Friday used to say: "Just the facts ma'am, just the facts.":devil: :devil:

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 12:13 PM
Okay- so does that mean that you people can joke around and be sarcastic and mock each other, but I can't? I have to be taken seriously and am the screaming, whiny woman when I have something to say? I can't just joke around, too?

DaHop72
02-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Okay- so does that mean that you people can joke around and be sarcastic and mock each other, but I can't? I have to be taken seriously and am the screaming, whiny woman when I have something to say? I can't just joke around, too? Joke all you want, just don't get in a tizzy when someone corrects you with facts. 44inarow was at the State tournament, she would know. Me, I needed the internet.;) ;)

44INAROW
02-27-2008, 12:21 PM
you're reply wasn't in a joking tone - there is a big difference - a person that likes to joke and have a good time would have replied with something like this:
"well dayum - give an ole lady a break - my mind is failing - I got my years mixed up" or something along those lines -
not a big deal, I was just making a correct statement - (since I was at the tourney, I knew who did what - - not like I was jumping on you)
and FYI - Grahman got 2nd in 2005 as well..... if I recall, they had a Freshman on the team that year that was really good

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 12:24 PM
And this qualifies as 'all in a ..... 'tizzy' as you call it? I was just laughing because I was wrong about what place we got and you guys were all over that. Had I gotten it correct- I wouldn't have heard a peep out of anyone- especially Cuero.
NM
Go on to your frantic ravings about pink endzones and who has the best potties and such...........

DaHop72
02-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Okay- so does that mean that you people can joke around and be sarcastic and mock each other, but I can't? I have to be taken seriously and am the screaming, whiny woman when I have something to say? I can't just joke around, too? No, this would be the "tizzy".:devil: :devil:

44INAROW
02-27-2008, 12:34 PM
And this qualifies as 'all in a ..... 'tizzy' as you call it? I was just laughing because I was wrong about what place we got and you guys were all over that. Had I gotten it correct- I wouldn't have heard a peep out of anyone- especially Cuero.
NM
Go on to your frantic ravings about pink endzones and who has the best potties and such...........

you don't know what I would have replied to - I like golf and used to catch he** for posting about it - so I like golf threads. I most likely would have posted how good the Graham team was -

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 12:37 PM
you don't know what I would have replied to - I like golf and used to catch he** for posting about it - so I like golf threads. I most likely would have posted how good the Graham team was -
That was just a little jab for the sake of keeping that golf spark going- if there is one. There should be don't you think? ;)
How are your boys fairing this year? Ours are at Keller today. Beautiful course.

pirate4state
02-27-2008, 12:40 PM
I would like to say for once and for those that KNOW me (they will tell you) I like to joke and I am sarcastic- just like the rest of you. I am not a horrible person. Do not take my statements and writings too seriously..... I like to joke around, too. It is all in fun. I think you guys take me wwwwaaaayyyyyy too seriously.

Maybe you should add something to your signature. :thinking:

I guess we just don't know you or the people that know you well enough to know when you are joking around and/or being sarcastic. *shrug* So, I guess cut us some slack until we get to know you. :)

Using smilies would help some of us know when you are joking around & when you are serious. :cool:

44INAROW
02-27-2008, 12:44 PM
That was just a little jab for the sake of keeping that golf spark going- if there is one. There should be don't you think? ;)
How are your boys fairing this year? Ours are at Keller today. Beautiful course.
well.... notice I am not talking about the present much lol... seriously, graduation hit the golf team HARD - lost 4 of the 5. Have played in just 1 tourney so far, got 2nd in that one. Went to Laredo last weekend for the Border Olympics to discover it was changed to this weekend. :eek: They will be going to Victoria this weekend. That will be a good measuring stick for them. I sure miss it :(

Ranger Mom
02-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Maybe you should add something to your signature. :thinking:

I guess we just don't know you or the people that know you well enough to know when you are joking around and/or being sarcastic. *shrug* So, I guess cut us some slack until we get to know you. :)

Using smilies would help some of us know when you are joking around & when you are serious. :cool:

For real!!!

RWB....I have to admit that I didn't "take it as a joke" either!!!!:eek:

You are right....maybe we DON'T know you well enough to tell when you are kidding or not, and as ridiculous as it may sound, the smilies DO help!!

I wanna give a little shout out to the Fab Four......I got your backs!!:kiss: :kiss:

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 12:50 PM
well.... notice I am not talking about the present much lol... seriously, graduation hit the golf team HARD - lost 4 of the 5. Have played in just 1 tourney so far, got 2nd in that one. Went to Laredo last weekend for the Border Olympics to discover it was changed to this weekend. :eek: They will be going to Victoria this weekend. That will be a good measuring stick for them. I sure miss it :(
Gosh, that is like a world away from us- Laredo and Victoria???
What was that one kid's name that was so good? I think he graduated last year? Did he go on somewhere? He looked a great deal older than high school?
Our team is good this year. Shot better in February than we have in 3 years at Midland. Beat Andrews, which is great.
Good luck to your guys and girls. Hope to see you in Austin!!!

force1
02-27-2008, 01:55 PM
rwb did yall play neuva vista and ranchland g.c.?

bigron15
02-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by force1
rwb did yall play neuva vista and ranchland g.c.?

im not rwb...but they didnt. they played nueva both days. my neighbor is the #1 on the sweetwater team. and u made the comment earlier about snyders guys beating everyone 2 years ago in district by 60..well it was 72 strokes but sweetwater beat them at regionals by 7! lol we got revenge!

force1
02-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by bigron15
im not rwb...but they didnt. they played nueva both days. my neighbor is the #1 on the sweetwater team. and u made the comment earlier about snyders guys beating everyone 2 years ago in district by 60..well it was 72 strokes but sweetwater beat them at regionals by 7! lol we got revenge!

lol ya you got revenge we won the district championship what did yall win?:thinking:

bigron15
02-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by force1
lol ya you got revenge we won the district championship what did yall win?:thinking:

we won district this year. we shot better at regionals though. it was neutral turf..we didnt get to play on our home course during district like yall did

nobogey72
02-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
For real!!!

RWB....I have to admit that I didn't "take it as a joke" either!!!!:eek:

You are right....maybe we DON'T know you well enough to tell when you are kidding or not, and as ridiculous as it may sound, the smilies DO help!!

I wanna give a little shout out to the Fab Four......I got your backs!!:kiss: :kiss:

So, Anyway,.......who do ya'll think won win in a mud wrestling contest (in a sand trap on a golf course) between 44inarow and red white & blue?:thinking: :D :D :)

STANG RED
02-27-2008, 04:00 PM
So, Anyway,.......who do ya'll think won win in a mud wrestling contest (in a sand trap on a golf course) between 44inarow and red white & blue?:thinking: :D :D :)

Smart money is on fofo fo sho.:nerd:

nobogey72
02-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Smart money is on fofo fo sho.:nerd:

I don't know about that! These things usually come down to who has the most heart. And that is hard to measure. They seem to be on a collision course, with both of them having an interest in 3A golf. Sometime, somewhere, on some golf course, those 2 are going to rumble. I wish I could see it.:D :D :D

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 04:12 PM
You dirty old fart!!! You would love that, wouldn't you? I call home course!!!!!
By the way- I will try to add more gay little faces so everyone will know I am joking:D :eek: :confused: :devil: :nerd: :thinking: Is that better? I hope so- you guys are so serious......

44INAROW
02-27-2008, 04:17 PM
I don't know about that! These things usually come down to who has the most heart. And that is hard to measure. They seem to be on a collision course, with both of them having an interest in 3A golf. Sometime, somewhere, on some golf course, those 2 are going to rumble. I wish I could see it.:D :D :D

now boys, don't get all excited...... :) women don't usually "throw down" over something as small as a little misunderstanding :) after raising 3 boys - I've learned to be the peace-keeper :)

Funny this golf thread is still going - I love it.. speaking of golf - lil44 called me @ 2:25 and said "Slick Willie" was at Riverside Golf Course - he (lil44) was PO'd because the "secret service" had the roads blocked and he couldn't get to the course to play cause Slick Willie was getting read to give a speech :doh:

STANG RED
02-27-2008, 04:22 PM

Me to! Havent seen a good cat fight in a long time.;)

DaHop72
02-27-2008, 04:27 PM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/mud.jpg:D

nobogey72
02-27-2008, 04:35 PM

Me either:( The last good one I saw was at Albertsons. My wife and this other lady got into it over who was going to get the last six-pack of chocolate moon-pies. They were half price. The other lady had the upper hand till my wife got her hands on a big bottle of A-1 Steak Sauce (real glass, not plastic), and then it was all over quick. My woman walked out of there proud with her moon pies. It was one of those special moments for me. Sometimes I can't help but brag. :inlove: :inlove:

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Don't ever try to come between a woman and her moon pies!!!:p
But, back to golf- anyone coming to Graham on Monday for the boy's tournament?

Ranger Mom
02-27-2008, 04:42 PM
You dirty old fart!!! You would love that, wouldn't you? I call home course!!!!!
By the way- I will try to add more gay little faces so everyone will know I am joking:D :eek: :confused: :devil: :nerd: :thinking: Is that better? I hope so- you guys are so serious......

This is my favorite "gay little faces"!!

http://forums.ratedesi.com/images/smilies/gfightsmiley.gif

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 04:46 PM

I love those- now, those are cute.....

44INAROW
02-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff239/DaHop72/mud.jpg:D

Now Hops - you know that's not me in the PURPLE - hhmmm who do we know who wears Purple??:D
who'd of thunk it - 64 replies on a GOLF THREAD :)

STANG RED
Me either:( The last good one I saw was at Albertsons. My wife and this other lady got into it over who was going to get the last six-pack of chocolate moon-pies. They were half price. The other lady had the upper hand till my wife got her hands on a big bottle of A-1 Steak Sauce (real glass, not plastic), and then it was all over quick. My woman walked out of there proud with her moon pies. It was one of those special moments for me. Sometimes I can't help but brag. :inlove: :inlove:

Well it's finally good to hear what really happened that day. One day I sent my wife to the store for moon pies and sodie pop but all she came home with was steak sauce stained clothes and a bad attitude.:eek: She never would tell me what happend, but I did hear her mumble something under her breath about teaching that beoch a lesson next time, as she slipped one of our best kitchen knives in her purse. Might want to give your ol lady a heads up.;)

pirate4state

LMAO

Sweetwater Red
02-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Would ya'll please quit hi-jacking my thread.:mad:

Unless we can switch from mud to jell-o wrestling. That's so
much more of a turn...uh....nevermind.:D :devil:

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Now Hops - you know that's not me in the PURPLE - hhmmm who do we know who wears Purple??:D
who'd of thunk it - 64 replies on a GOLF THREAD :)
I haven't worn purple in..... Nobogey..... is that your honey????

44INAROW
02-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Would ya'll please quit hi-jacking my thread.:mad:

Unless we can switch from mud to jell-o wrestling. That's so
much more of a turn...uh....nevermind.:D :devil:
Jello is easier to clean out of your drawers than mud....... ;)

DaHop72
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM
- hhmmm who do we know who wears Purple??:D
:) :thinking: :thinking: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Have you ever tried 'lard wrestling'- that is slicker than snot.........

oh- I almost forgot, so you will know I am joking :D

AP Panther Fan
02-27-2008, 05:01 PM

and you know this how?????:evillol: :D

Sweetwater Red
02-27-2008, 05:03 PM

Not to mention much more transparent. :devil:

Ya'll stop me. I think Nobogey is beginning to influence me.:eek: :D

nobogey72
02-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Meanwhile, back at the golf course........ dist 2-3A is going to be one heck of a golf district the next 2 years. Everybody knows about Snyder, Sweetwater, and Graham due to recent success, but add Brownwood (ask Tin Cup) will be tough as they have a great Jr. program as well. Wylie will get back there someday, and Breckenridge has had some very good indivuduals in the past few years (Camille Blackerby, etc.). As in football and other sports, there will be some good players and teams not going to Regionals.:( :(

bigron15
02-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Meanwhile, back at the golf course........ dist 2-3A is going to be one heck of a golf district the next 2 years. Everybody knows about Snyder, Sweetwater, and Graham due to recent success, but add Brownwood (ask Tin Cup) will be tough as they have a great Jr. program as well. Wylie will get back there someday, and Breckenridge has had some very good indivuduals in the past few years (Camille Blackerby, etc.). As in football and other sports, there will be some good players and teams not going to Regionals.:( :(

count sweetwater out for the next few years on the girls side. there is going to be 1 really good kid coming up next year. he will be a freshman and he is the coaches son. he has been shooting in the 60's since 6th grade

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 05:49 PM
count sweetwater out for the next few years on the girls side. there is going to be 1 really good kid coming up next year. he will be a freshman and he is the coaches son. he has been shooting in the 60's since 6th grade
WOW!!!:eek: :eek:

bigron15
02-27-2008, 05:52 PM
WOW!!!:eek: :eek:

he won the texas junior championship or some tournament like that here recently. he has been winning tournaments his whole life on the north texas junior pga.

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 05:53 PM
What is his name? So I can keep up with him?

bigron15
02-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Ryan Mercer

nobogey72
02-27-2008, 05:59 PM
I haven't worn purple in..... Nobogey..... is that your honey????

Could be! I don't remember that particular event. But, normally she would be the one on top, and she does wear a lot of purple.:thinking: :thinking:

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 06:01 PM
That is kind of sad- counting your own teams out before they have a chance to even play.......

nobogey72
02-27-2008, 06:05 PM
That is kind of sad- counting your own teams out before they have a chance to even play.......

Yeah, and sometimes when there is one good one like that kid, some others start to think golf is cool and start playing and the next thing you know you've got a program. From what I understand from her dad, Ashley T friends all started playing because they thought it was cool that she was so good. You never know.

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah, and sometimes when there is one good one like that kid, some others start to think golf is cool and start playing and the next thing you know you've got a program. From what I understand from her dad, Ashley T friends all started playing because they thought it was cool that she was so good. You never know.
Exactly and they start spending more time at the golf course because that is where everybody else is......... etc. etc.
I wouldn't count all my chickens before they hatch and I certainly wouldn't put the kids down before the season even starts.....

bigron15
02-27-2008, 09:07 PM

none of ashleys friends play. if u mean the other girls on the team, they have always been at the golf course and playing with their dads. i was talking about the guys team. there are some other decent players in 8th grade but they are baseball players and you cant play both baseball and golf at sweetwater (i tried). i want to see them do good but there is just no talent coming up like there has been.

wildstangs
02-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Ryan Mercer

Both of his siblings were very succesful golfers as well. Shane was on the state championship team in 2001, and might have won the whole thing as a medalist if I can remember correctly. I know his sister won a medalist state championship at some point.

bigron15
02-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Both of his siblings were very succesful golfers as well. Shane was on the state championship team in 2001, and might have won the whole thing as a medalist if I can remember correctly. I know his sister won a medalist state championship at some point.

in 05 the team went to state (talking about his sister) and they placed 3rd. his bro was on the state championship team but didnt win the medialist i dont think. he coach told us a story about when they would go to tournaments one guy on the team was so confident/cocky that he went to the putting green and told everyone there "idk why yall even bother to show up...yall know that we are going to win." he was never wrong. they won all 11 tournaments that year including state

nobogey72
02-28-2008, 10:39 AM
none of ashleys friends play. if u mean the other girls on the team, they have always been at the golf course and playing with their dads. i was talking about the guys team. there are some other decent players in 8th grade but they are baseball players and you cant play both baseball and golf at sweetwater (i tried). i want to see them do good but there is just no talent coming up like there has been.

I still have a lot of confidence in my buddy D Timm out at the CC to develop some of those kids if they have any interest at all. Wylie is in the same shape for the next few years. But, there are a lot of 10-13 yr old kids that are spending alot of time at the course that hopefully will keep it up. :)

RedWhiteBlue
02-28-2008, 11:09 AM
How about your girl, Nobogey- does she show any interest in golfing like her old dad?

bigron15
02-28-2008, 02:44 PM
I still have a lot of confidence in my buddy D Timm out at the CC to develop some of those kids if they have any interest at all. Wylie is in the same shape for the next few years. But, there are a lot of 10-13 yr old kids that are spending alot of time at the course that hopefully will keep it up. :)

don will sit out there and watch you hit range balls but he really wont say anything. he rarely helps with the team.

nobogey72
02-28-2008, 03:02 PM
How about your girl, Nobogey- does she show any interest in golfing like her old dad?

No, she has found that it pretty hard to swing a club and text message someone at the same time. But, on the bright side, she can putt and talk on the cell phone at the same time, but sometimes it gives her a crick in her neck. Actually, she does like to play, but her days of enjoying playing with me are numbered. Eventually, if she doesn't have a friend that likes to play, I'm sure she'll dump me like a bad habit. But, she's only 10, she still thinks I'm cool. (which I obviously am):cool: :cool: :D

bigron15
02-28-2008, 03:06 PM
No, she has found that it pretty hard to swing a club and text message someone at the same time. But, on the bright side, she can putt and talk on the cell phone at the same time, but sometimes it gives her a crick in her neck. Actually, she does like to play, but her days of enjoying playing with me are numbered. Eventually, if she doesn't have a friend that likes to play, I'm sure she'll dump me like a bad habit. But, she's only 10, she still thinks I'm cool. (which I obviously am):cool: :cool: :D

obviously:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nobogey72
02-28-2008, 04:33 PM
obviously:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hey, BigRon, if you don't believe I'm cool....then just ask my mother!!!!!:D

bigron15
02-28-2008, 04:37 PM

ok ok i believe u

STANG RED
02-28-2008, 04:44 PM

On the other hand, your mother in law also had some 4 letter words to describe you, but I dont think any of them were "cool".:devil:

bigron15
02-28-2008, 04:46 PM
On the other hand, your mother in law also had some 4 letter words to describe you, but I dont think any of them were "cool".:devil:

hmmm he failed to mention that