PDA

View Full Version : Princeton vs Roosevelt

kepdawg
02-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Anybody going to this game Tuesday?

JR2004
02-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Since it's just 5 minutes up the road, yes Iam. I enjoy watching McNeil play and this should be the game where Princeton gets eliminated. I don't want to pass up an opportunity to see Erger completely lose his mind if they lose. He's Bob Knight on steroids when things are going against him.

eagles_victory
02-25-2008, 07:53 PM
jr who are Velts losses too and who have they beaten thats good?

JR2004
02-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
jr who are Velts losses too and who have they beaten thats good?

Velt beat Kimball in 3OT's which was big considering they were less than two weeks removed from football season. Kimball has the most talented team in DISD this year and they're playing Lincoln tomorrow night to make it to regionals. They split with Ranchview. They lost most of their games when the JV was playing for the varsity. Roosevelt completely blew us away the 2nd time around by 53 points after winning by just 11 the first time. I didn't get to go, but the football coaches I know that went said we mailed it in and gave up. Guess that happens when you are playing with a varsity of nothing but sophomores.

Princeton beat 4 DISD schools in the regular season, but the only one of them that was at full strength was Hillcrest. They played Carter's JV because Carter was still in the football playoffs. They also beat Samuell who was missing their best player who was taking the SAT that Saturday. Skyline was the same story. Mayo had several kids still playing football so the outcome was predictable there too.

The only DISD team that Princeton played at full strength, other than Hillcrest, was SOC and they lost by 16, but from the accounts I've gotten SOC eased up on them in the 3rd quarter because the game was out of hand. Roosevelt played SOC as well, but that game came in November when Velt was still rolling their JV out there for varsity games. Their JV was predictably destroyed by 38 points.

They beat us last Friday by 13, but I wasn't that impressed with them like I have been in the past couple of years. A team full of sophomores, even though they're pretty good, had no business making a game of it for three quarters with them. They won't have it so easy against a senior dominated roster from Velt.

JR2004
02-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Princeton beat Argyle as well, but honestly if Argyle was in Region II they'd be done by the 3rd round at the latest. I guess the win against them looks good due to their ranking, but Argyle is just an average team to me that's in a weak region.

kepdawg
02-25-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm thinking about going since it's just down the road.

Seeing both schools play last week I think it should be a pretty good game.

kepdawg
02-26-2008, 01:40 PM
G2 are you going to make an appearance?

kaorder1999
02-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Princeton is GOOD! I havent seen the Velt play but all the boxscores Ive seen didnt have McNeils name in it!!

kepdawg
02-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Princeton is GOOD! I havent seen the Velt play but all the boxscores Ive seen didnt have McNeils name in it!!

McNeil only plays when they really need him!