PDA

View Full Version : Idea for 3A teams in girls' state tourney?

K-MAC Chuck
02-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Hey folks..
Just "puttin' this idea out there" to see what kind of response we get...

As we all know, the girls' state basketball tournament will be held in Austin this Thursday/Saturday..

Before posting this, I asked around to see if anyone knew if the 4 teams involved (West Oso, Kennendale, Navasota & Canyon) had "broadcast outlets," either radio or Online. (If they do, please let me know)

If not, K-MAC Sports is mulling over the possibility - if it's allowed by UIL and if it's okay with the 4 teams - of going over and braodcasting the 3A teams in concert with our good friends at 3ADL. (I will call Dr. Breithaupt at the UIL in the morning to see what that possibility might be - we'll have to move quick if there's any chance we'll do something)..

Does anyone think that's a good idea? If it is a possibility and ends up being done, would someone want to step up and throw a couple of sponsorship bucks at the broadcasts?

all ideas/feedback welcome (you can PM me as well)..Again, we're just looking to step up for the 3A community..

Matthew328
02-24-2008, 09:36 PM
I can almost assure you Canyon has a radio outlet

State_In_08
02-25-2008, 10:10 AM
Navasota has a radio outlet. 1550 AM

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Bay Area Sports typically does a radio feed for teams from our area (West Oso). Guess we need to check that out.:thinking:

Phil C
02-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Bay Area Sports typically does a radio feed for teams from our area (West Oso). Guess we need to check that out.:thinking:

BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!

K-MAC Chuck
02-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks for all the info, gang..

Seems our girls are covered, and that's great - they deserve the pub!

LH Panther Mom
02-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Hopefully there will be some online feeds from some of the stations. It seems like the last 2-3 years, I've only been able to get the score updates and not listen.

striker
02-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Navasota has 1550 KWBC, but it is not online and it is very difficult to pick up outside of the city. Might TSRN be carrying the games online?

LH Panther Mom
02-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by striker
Might TSRN be carrying the games online?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: They can't be bothered with such as girls 3A STATE tourney. (That was the first place I looked... ;) )

4A & 5A brackets are the only ones they have, and 4A & 5A boys regional tourneys are on the webcasts.

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: They can't be bothered with such as girls 3A STATE tourney. (That was the first place I looked... ;) )

4A & 5A brackets are the only ones they have, and 4A & 5A boys regional tourneys are on the webcasts.

Yep, me too. Ticks me off every time I think that there might be a chance for them to share the love.:mad:

K-MAC Chuck
02-25-2008, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

This is EXACTLY why I asked the question I did to start this thread...I knew the other guys wouldn't do it.

I've got a call in to UIL to see about the possibility of K-MAC Sports broadcasting the 3A games online..

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
This is EXACTLY why I asked the question I did to start this thread...I knew the other guys wouldn't do it.

I've got a call in to UIL to see about the possibility of K-MAC Sports broadcasting the 3A games online..

Well if you do, it will be easier than me leaving work to go sit in my car in order to listen to the game.:D

I have done that once or twice, and I probably do look rather silly.:cool: