PDA

View Full Version : (NF) CPS Question

injuredinmelee
02-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Okay say you made a report online about some suspected abuse and the person you reported works in law enforcement and you found out that they turned over the investigation to a different county but they did nothing about it. It wasnt physical abuse but a house that is beyond anything else you have ever seen. I mean you couldnt get rats and roaches to live there.
Anyways what do I do now? I am stuck, I cant get anywhere with CPS.

44INAROW
02-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Obviously children are involved hence contacting CPS - so maybe you could contact's the child's school and they might have some other contacts or ways of handling the situation. Seems there has to be something that can be done

injuredinmelee
02-24-2008, 06:34 PM
I was told that the investigator went to the school to question the children who are 7 and then they went to talk to the ex spouse but never to the one involved or inspected the living arrangements. I am afraid the connections in Taylor County are gonna hurt those poor kids.

pirate4state
02-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I was told that the investigator went to the school to question the children who are 7 and then they went to talk to the ex spouse but never to the one involved or inspected the living arrangements. I am afraid the connections in Taylor County are gonna hurt those poor kids.

This seems odd. I guess it would make to much sense to talk to the parent the kids LIVE with & see HOW they live! :doh:

Maybe you should have the kids take pictures of their home and hand those over to the local media.

AP Panther Fan
02-25-2008, 11:49 AM
:(

This is very sad, but I bet fairly common if physical abuse isn't involved.

I wish I knew someone that worked for CPS that I could question. You would think that the parent(s) could be forced to clean up their act and take mandatory parenting classes.

injuredinmelee
02-25-2008, 12:01 PM
I have some pictures that were taken with my cell phone and another eye witness that saw the condition of the house. I am considering taking it the the DA since the CPS office doesnt seem to care.

Ranger Mom
02-25-2008, 12:09 PM
CPS....what a joke!!!

Another "organization" that I could rant on and on about!

I know they are grossly understaffed, but....geez Louise!!!

Txbroadcaster
02-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
CPS....what a joke!!!

Yep, My wife was thinking of trying to get on with CPS after we graduated college, but WAY to many CPS workers told her she would not like it. The frustration of having your hands tied at obvious terrible situations, yet being told to go after with full vigor families that honestly are doing nothing wrong was just to much

plus as you mentioned the understaffing, low pay, terrible hours just dont equal true great work

blowfish
02-25-2008, 12:14 PM
My number is 668-5984 I might be able to help.

injuredinmelee
02-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by blowfish
My number is 668-5984 I might be able to help.
check your pms.

BobcatBenny
02-25-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
CPS....what a joke!!!

They are not seriously understaffed. They are seriously a government boon-doggle.

Injured, if you are serious about helping the children of that home, contact a church. Go to the elders explain the situation and ask them to come with you and see.

shankbear
02-25-2008, 02:30 PM
Injured....CPS is represented by the DA's office in those cases. Have you called the CPS 1-800 number? I don't have it off the top of my cabeza but try that.

injuredinmelee
02-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by shankbear
Injured....CPS is represented by the DA's office in those cases. Have you called the CPS 1-800 number? I don't have it off the top of my cabeza but try that.

I called the hotline number again today and they had the investigator assigned to the case(from another county) call me. We will see what happens. She talked big so I hope something gets done with it.

CenTexSports
02-25-2008, 04:36 PM
My wife and I have custodial custody of our grandson. We have had him for less than a year and we are on our 4th case worker. Three of the four have seemed to be decent enough individuals but their commitment seems to be underwelming. I am sure that they see a lot of very bad care but their attitudes make it harder on the people that do care like my wife and me.

injuredinmelee
02-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
My wife and I have custodial custody of our grandson. We have had him for less than a year and we are on our 4th case worker. Three of the four have seemed to be decent enough individuals but their commitment seems to be underwelming. I am sure that they see a lot of very bad care but their attitudes make it harder on the people that do care like my wife and me.

what pissed me off about the case worker i spoke with today is that she said she talked to the kids and the ex and couldnt find the custodial parent so she never came back. This has been almost two weeks. I lit into her this morning. I was blown away.