PDA

View Full Version : Finley vs. Bennett

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-24-2008, 06:07 PM
I think these two guys are going to be fighting to be the first TE's taken. Bennett had the better 40 time, who do you guys think will be taken first?

Adidas410s
02-24-2008, 06:10 PM
Dustin Keller from Purdue. He posted the best broad jump, vertical jump, 40-yard dash and 20-yard shuttle of any TE.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Dustin Keller from Purdue. He posted the best broad jump, vertical jump, 40-yard dash and 20-yard shuttle of any TE.

I was just talking about these two guys, not necessarily overall.

injuredinmelee
02-24-2008, 06:14 PM
the strengths and weaknesses they list on both make it harder to decide. Both have tremendous upside but I think both may be considered projects in a way. I dont see either going real early but they will probably both have good careers.

Of course I do hope Finley goes first to a contender... lol

Old Tiger
02-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Finley should have went out to Arizona and worked out there.

Phil C
02-24-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm not sure which one will be chosen first or even in what round but I feel both are capable and should both have successful NFL careers.

big daddy russ
02-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Unless he tanks at the combine, Bennett will go on the first day and can start on an NFL team immediately. Finley's more of a project.

BwdLions
02-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Even though I'm a huge UT fan, I've got to give the nod to Bennett. He's more "NFL-ready" than Finley. Finley would have benefited from another year of college ball. However, when you have several mouths to feed, I realize why he opted to come out early.

coach
02-25-2008, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
Even though I'm a huge UT fan, I've got to give the nod to Bennett. He's more "NFL-ready" than Finley. Finley would have benefited from another year of college ball. However, when you have several mouths to feed, I realize why he opted to come out early.

i think both needed to stay another year

crabman
02-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Jermichael or Joe Jon?

Pretty good buzz on Joe Jon Finley also. Ex Cuero boy.

Old Tiger
02-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Jermichael or Joe Jon?

Pretty good buzz on Joe Jon Finley also. Ex Cuero boy. The other TE from OU when he comes out? :D

mistanice
02-26-2008, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Jermichael or Joe Jon?

Pretty good buzz on Joe Jon Finley also. Ex Cuero boy.

Saw where Joe Jon only had 13 reps on bench press. What happened?

Panther One
02-26-2008, 03:52 AM
Bennett might just be the best blocking TE in the draft this year and will probably be one of the first taken because of that. With the spread offenses, especially on the college level, people tend to focus on the pass catching ability of TEs and forget about the guys that can line up tight and seal the edge. Bennett's a pretty good receiving option, too. In 2006, he was second in receptions and yards for the Ags, and in 2007 he led in both. That's not bad considering he was our best receiving threat in a poorly conceived passing game. Mix in some decent wideouts and a functional passing attack and his numbers increase drastically.

When Martellus comitted to A&M, Reggie McNeal was coming off a record setting season throwing the ball. If he had any idea that Fran was about to invent the worst offense in football, he probably would have gone to Texas or LSU, have been a national champ, and would easily be regarded as the top TE in the country. If he had stayed another year at A&M, Sherman would have definitely utilized his ability to the fullest, but in my opinion, he's ready to start in the NFL, so why not go? He consulted with Coach Sherman to get an idea of where NFL GMs were projecting him and it must have been pretty favorable. I'd say no later than the second round.