PDA

View Full Version : Bellville 23-Liberty14 final nm

Chris Hart
11-22-2002, 11:19 PM
nm

Brahma73
11-23-2002, 01:59 AM
Bombs Away! QB Buenger - WR Goeke combo went for 200+ to be the biggest factor in the game. Bellville's D was certainly enough, but the offense was more than enough, even when backs had a mediocre evening. Goeke was also perfect w/ 3 field goals. Liberty has a scrappy team. You're defense against the run is certainly good, though I would not rate the Bocomotive among the really great linebackers in 3A, though he's certainly above average. Nice job, Panthers! Congrats on turning things around and making a good showing in the playoffs!

Bellville vs. Fairfield. Should be no contest compared to Liberty. Bellville by 20.

eaglefan24
11-23-2002, 02:24 AM
Now don't go knocking Fairfield just yet. I know Bellville is a good team, but I really don't know anything about them. What do they like to do? Run, pass? How's the D? The strength of Fairfield is definitely the defense, tonight they held Rockdale to 69 yds total offense (that was the first report I heard on the radio after the post game). The offense can look unstoppable at times, and at other times can look as though they are absolutely out of sync. They run 3 main tailbacks, which all get about the same amount of carries a game depending on how the game goes. There is no key wide receiver either, the ball is definitely evenly spread. Our QB threw receptions to 7 different receivers tonight, so it is difficul to key on anyone really, which is a major strength of the team. Bottom line, Fairfield's defense will keep them in the game and the character of the team will not let them quit so there is no way I'd put them down 20 pts to lose to anyone. Bellville will be the best team they've played all year and I won't make a score prediction til I know a bit more about them.

Brahma73
11-23-2002, 09:51 AM
eaglefan24:
Now don't go knocking Fairfield just yet. I know Bellville is a good team, but I really don't know anything about them. What do they like to do? Run, pass? How's the D? The strength of Fairfield is definitely the defense, tonight they held Rockdale to 69 yds total offense (that was the first report I heard on the radio after the post game). The offense can look unstoppable at times, and at other times can look as though they are absolutely out of sync. They run 3 main tailbacks, which all get about the same amount of carries a game depending on how the game goes. There is no key wide receiver either, the ball is definitely evenly spread. Our QB threw receptions to 7 different receivers tonight, so it is difficul to key on anyone really, which is a major strength of the team. Bottom line, Fairfield's defense will keep them in the game and the character of the team will not let them quit so there is no way I'd put them down 20 pts to lose to anyone. Bellville will be the best team they've played all year and I won't make a score prediction til I know a bit more about them.Hey Eagle! Sorry 'bout the arrogance of my statement. I was experiencing a little delirious late-night euphorium after the long ride back from the Liberty game. I'm thinking a little more clearly today. :rolleyes:

Fairfield has obviously done some serious ball-playing this year. 11 wins is 11 wins, and I'm sure I guys aren't taking you lightly. We don't know much about each other, but if you can stifle the run, we'll be crippled some offensively. We had a huge passing night Friday against a team that didn't allow us a 100 yd rusher (a rarity).
Though we only completed 6 passes (6-15 I think), they went for around 250 yards. QB was absolutely deadly accurate. We've got a lot of weapons, but I'd really be a little surprised if either team could make this one lopsided. I'm really looking forward to this stage of the play-offs. No also-rans left at this point.
Good luck Eagles. Stay healthy! :)

GO BIG RED :D :D

eaglefan24
11-23-2002, 11:34 AM
Hey, I can definitely relate on the late-night euphorium after the game. We were on a pretty good high ourselves after pulling that one off. I was actually really impressed with the way Rockdale played against us, they had us scouted really well and their defense made it difficult for us all night long. Fairfield can definitely stop the run, but each game makes me feel more and more that the strength of the defense is the pass rush. Last night Maldonado was constantly having to dodge defenders every time he watned to throw the ball, and we ended up with 5 sacks and holding them to 17 yards total offense in the second half. Fairfield and Bellville have both played some serious ball, and Friday night is going to be really interesting to see who steps up and is able to pull off the biggest win of the year for either team.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-23-2002, 02:34 PM
Bellville still was not clicking on all cylinders against Liberty, Liberty did a good job against Bellville, game was closer than everone though it would be, If Bellville would have not fumbled the ball on the 8 yard line Liberty would have only scored once. Good job by the Bellville defense!
Good luck to Liberty the rest of the year!
PS. School song sounds great, It is the same as our's, just different words.

Bellville22
11-24-2002, 01:18 AM
My congrats to Liberty as well. They had a hell of a football team that pretty much pinned their ears back and got after you for 48 minutes. I was a bit worried the whole night, especially after cramming the ball down our throats the first drive. They had a fairly conservative, but pretty neat little offense that fit their personel well, and a run defense that was pretty much what we expected after last weeks posts. The difference in the game was clearly Bellville's athleticism (sp? it's late!), and that's something you can't practice and can't coach. Not much you can do about a WR who can turn on the jets and a QB w/ a rocket-launcher attached to his right shoulder. Not to mention a "Barry" like back (not my quote, but he will be a good one).

No disrespect to Bo or anyone who posted last week, but, I too, expected a little more. He was a half-step slow of a couple tackles, as well as blocking a punt which turned into a huge penalty, and the only time I saw him go head up w/ our RB, he lost. Maybe we're just a bit spoiled in Bellville after watching Syptak(who's starting as a Fr. at Rice), and Dornon(devistating ACL first game of year) hunt heads last year. I know this guys just a Jr. and one more year of speed and strength probably turns this guy into DI prospect.

Keep it rollin' Bulls.

Bongo
11-25-2002, 12:19 PM
Just wanted to give a final prop to Liberty. Both teams played their hearts out, and all throughout the contest, kids were helping the opposition up off the grass. What a great show of respect for both teams; play hard and respect your opponent. The players, the coaches, and the fans on both sides should be proud.

You can't beat Texas High School football!

LP-DB
11-25-2002, 08:16 PM
yeah noone ever likes to lose but belville was a great team..there were soem things that dint go our way and some things that did but we played hard and never gave up and we can't regret the way we played..

cept for the dropped pass. :(
great team belville i enjoyed the game from the beginning..
and to that QB
great arm..
its hard to guard a guy that runs about 4.4..6' and a Qb quote "with a rocket launcher attached to his arm"..especially with a 4'5" Db we had on him..
great game belville!

# 80

LP-DB
11-25-2002, 08:18 PM
yeah noone ever likes to lose but belville was a great team..there were some things that dint go our way and some things that did but we played hard and never gave up and we can't regret the way we played..

cept for the dropped pass. :(
great team belville i enjoyed the game from the beginning..
and to that QB
great arm!
its hard to guard a guy that runs about 4.4..6' and a Qb, quote "with a rocket launcher attached to his arm"..especially with a 4'5" DB we had on him..
great game belville!

# 80