PDA

View Full Version : Boys Region III Regional Quarter Finals... My Analysis

mwynn05
02-24-2008, 03:56 PM
Crockett(25-4) v. Madisonville Tuesday 7pm SHSU: A lot of history between these two teams. Crockett is the champion of district 20 while Madisonville is the runner up in district 19 Crockett is coming off of a 61-59 win over La Vega while Madisonville defeated Hutto 78-74 after being down big early. Madisonville has been very up and down late in the season and Crockett has a lot of size and is good which is why I will take Crockett by 12

Silsbee v. Bellville Tuesday 7pm Caney Creek hs...I dont know a whole lot about these two teams..both teams are runners up in their district and for no other reason than recent success I will take Silsbee

Connally (23-8) v. Fairfield (26-7) Tuesday 7:30pm Corsicana HS. Both teams are 3rd place teams in their districts and just beat the others district champion. Fairfield beat Gatesville by 8 and Connally beat Mexia by 10. Fairfield has been kind of strange this year. After losing everyone except for Eric Palmer to graduation, the Eagles started out the season well but hit a pretty big slide after Christmas and was in last place after 1 round of district with a record of 1-4. The Eagles stormed back and ran the table in round 2. The Cadets lost to Gatesville twice and split with La Vega, lost the toss and was seeded 3rd in the playoffs. The Eagles are hot at the right time so I will take them in a close contest by 4

Navasota (22-2) v. Hardin-Jefferson (31-4) Probably the game of the week in Region III if not Class 3a. Should be exciting and fast paced. Both teams are district champions. Both teams are Athletic but Navasota is a little more athletic, HJ however might have a little more of a home court advantage as many Navasota fans could be in Austin supporting the girls and not able to make it to this one either way I will take Navasota in a barn burner

injuredinmelee
02-24-2008, 06:40 PM
nice work

jimmyceatworld
02-24-2008, 06:54 PM
I agree with the picks ... barn burner lol

mwynn05
02-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
I agree with the picks ... barn burner lol i could have used malox masher

eagles_victory
02-24-2008, 07:26 PM
If the prediction of the Fairfield and Connally game is wrong I may have to restrain Jimmyceatworld

mwynn05
02-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If the prediction of the Fairfield and Connally game is wrong I may have to restrain Jimmyceatworld Regardless of the winner in the Fairfield Connally game i dono how well i dont really like their chances in the regional semi-final

HEMOTOXIC
02-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Navasota (22-2) v. Hardin-Jefferson (31-4) Probably the game of the week in Region III if not Class 3a. Should be exciting and fast paced. Both teams are district champions. Both teams are Athletic but Navasota is a little more athletic, HJ however might have a little more of a home court advantage as many Navasota fans could be in Austin supporting the girls and not able to make it to this one either way I will take Navasota in a barn burner [/B][/QUOTE]

Good work, but this game will be played Tuesday and the girls will not play until Thursday. If the Rattlers win, the crowd situation will get very interesting especially if the Lady Rattlers upset #1 Canyon. I am so glad that Navasota travels well. The Woodlands is about 45 minutes away. Huntsville is about the same and Austin is about an hour and 15 minutes away. We will pack the house. I can't wait for this matchup!

Go Snakes! Revenge time!

mwynn05
02-24-2008, 09:54 PM
your right i was thinking about the regional tournament and games being on friday for some reason

Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Navasota (22-2) v. Hardin-Jefferson (31-4) Probably the game of the week in Region III if not Class 3a. Should be exciting and fast paced. Both teams are district champions. Both teams are Athletic but Navasota is a little more athletic, HJ however might have a little more of a home court advantage as many Navasota fans could be in Austin supporting the girls and not able to make it to this one either way I will take Navasota in a barn burner

Good work, but this game will be played Tuesday and the girls will not play until Thursday. If the Rattlers win, the crowd situation will get very interesting especially if the Lady Rattlers upset #1 Canyon. I am so glad that Navasota travels well. The Woodlands is about 45 minutes away. Huntsville is about the same and Austin is about an hour and 15 minutes away. We will pack the house. I can't wait for this matchup!

Go Snakes! Revenge time! [/B][/QUOTE]

jimmyceatworld
02-24-2008, 11:40 PM
If the prediction of the Fairfield and Connally game is wrong I may have to restrain Jimmyceatworld

restraining will be needed

eagles_victory
02-25-2008, 12:27 AM
restraining will be needed i dont blame you jamsey that certain fan saturday was picking the wrong moment to attempt to be funny

mwynn05
02-25-2008, 12:30 AM
If were at regionals I will be making an appearance

AggiesAreWe
02-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Crockett
Silsbee
Fairfield
Hardin-Jefferson

These are the winners of Tuesday night's Region III games.

Look for a rematch of last year's regional final between Silsbee and HJ in this year's regional final. 21-3A still with the best 2 teams in the region.

LH Panther Mom
02-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by AggiesAreWe
Crockett
Silsbee
Fairfield
Hardin-Jefferson

Look for a rematch of last year's regional final between Silsbee and HJ in this year's regional final. 21-3A still with the best 2 teams in the region.
How many return from last year's Silsbee team?

State_In_08
02-25-2008, 10:23 AM
We're looking forward to a rematch with Hardin-Jefferson, the team who beat us last year. Should be a great game. Everyone I know is going to this game because the girls' game isn't until Thursday. The whole town of Navasota (all 6789 of us ;) ) will be at this game.

trg
02-25-2008, 12:06 PM
You may be right on in your predictions but I am hoping the Bulls will defeat Silsbee tomorrow.

Go Bulls!!!!

HEMOTOXIC
02-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Navasota will beat HJ.

Bellville has the potential to beat Silsbee. It will take a 4 quarter effort, few turnovers, and the reliable 3's from the Bulls. Toss up here.

Fairfield over Connaly.

Madisonville over Crockett.

jimmyceatworld
02-25-2008, 01:37 PM
i dont blame you jamsey that certain fan saturday was picking the wrong moment to attempt to be funny

James Scott Newberry III better watch his back! ... oh wait I can't make threats on here can I? ... I mean ... um ... I'm not upset or anything :D

jimmyceatworld
02-25-2008, 01:43 PM

Madisonville over Crockett.

Mad'ville over Crockett? The Dawgs have the size to match Madisonville and they have the Tracy Cooper factor. Not the most highly touted player, but he gets the job done. Crockett has done really well this year (btw did they sweep their district?) and I expect them to advance.

... key word - expect ;)

cshscougar08
02-25-2008, 03:18 PM
I still like Connally. When they're on, watch out. Good luck stopping D'Andre Simmons. I'll be pulling for the Cadets in this one as 17-3A makes its last hurrah in basketball.

AggiesAreWe
02-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
How many return from last year's Silsbee team?

Silsbee lost their two starting '6"6, '6"7 posts and shooting guard along with 4 key reserves, one in particular in '6"4 310lb post Ahmad Jones, Oklahoma St. defensive tackle now. The two guard, William Harper really came on late in the season and almost single handely beat Hardin-Jefferson in that regional final. Those were some very key players that have graduated.

Silsbee returns their starting point guard and forward. They also got a transfer from Beaumont Ozen in D.K. Howard who has really played well this year. He starts at the 2 guard spot but he and point guard Shannon Robinson do split roles alot. Silsbee has another couple of bigs starting inside in '6"6 soph. Thomas and '6"7 senior Norman. The Tigers are far younger this year than last, they have only 4 seniors on the team, but do have 4 soph. and 2 freshman along with the 5 juniors. Silsbee still is pretty deep, rotate about 10-11 players.

jimmyceatworld
02-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Silsbee lost their two starting '6"6, '6"7 posts and shooting guard along with 4 key reserves, one in particular in '6"4 310lb post Ahmad Jones, Oklahoma St. defensive tackle now. The two guard, William Harper really came on late in the season and almost single handely beat Hardin-Jefferson in that regional final. Those were some very key players that have graduated.

Silsbee returns their starting point guard and forward. They also got a transfer from Beaumont Ozen in D.K. Howard who has really played well this year. He starts at the 2 guard spot but he and point guard Shannon Robinson do split roles alot. Silsbee has another couple of bigs starting inside in '6"6 soph. Thomas and '6"7 senior Norman. The Tigers are far younger this year than last, they have only 4 seniors on the team, but do have 4 soph. and 2 freshman along with the 5 juniors. Silsbee still is pretty deep, rotate about 10-11 players.

How do they get all that height? They must breed like rabbits in Silsbee.

AggiesAreWe
02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
How do they get all that height? They must breed like rabbits in Silsbee.

Actually, we usually don't have this much, but we have had more than our share over the last 8 years. Along with those 2 starting posts, Silsbee has 2 '6"4 players that come off the bench one of which is a freshman and has started some for the Tigers. I really believe Silsbee will be better the next 2 years.

HEMOTOXIC
02-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Mad'ville over Crockett? The Dawgs have the size to match Madisonville and they have the Tracy Cooper factor. Not the most highly touted player, but he gets the job done. Crockett has done really well this year (btw did they sweep their district?) and I expect them to advance.

... key word - expect ;)

Just an opinion. I have seen the Stangs play this year. From what I hear, Crockett is pretty good. However, since I have only seen the Mustangs, I will go with them.

jimmyceatworld
02-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Actually, we usually don't have this much, but we have had more than our share over the last 8 years. Along with those 2 starting posts, Silsbee has 2 '6"4 players that come off the bench one of which is a freshman and has started some for the Tigers. I really believe Silsbee will be better the next 2 years.

FF has to fudge the numbers just to have most of the starters a couple of inches within 6 ft. No lie.

jimmyceatworld
02-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Just an opinion. I have seen the Stangs play this year. From what I hear, Crockett is pretty good. However, since I have only seen the Mustangs, I will go with them.

Gotcha

mwynn05
02-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by trg
You may be right on in your predictions but I am hoping the Bulls will defeat Silsbee tomorrow.

Go Bulls!!!! I dont know enough about either team to make a good prediction to be honest

mwynn05
02-25-2008, 10:47 PM
Another thing i had forgotten about for the Crockett Madisonville game but Fairfield people do yall remember a few years ago when they were both in our district and they got in a huge fight at the game in crockett and had to play in huntsville in an empty gym?

j_dog
02-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I dont know enough about either team to make a good prediction to be honest
I only know that Silsbee had the hosses to make Reg Finals last year, and most of those players are back. They split with the defending state champion HJ in district, and lost the playoff to decide seeding.

Any team that takes Silsbee or HJ lightly may well get to quickly move on to track and baseball.

coach
02-25-2008, 11:47 PM
Another thing i had forgotten about for the Crockett Madisonville game but Fairfield people do yall remember a few years ago when they were both in our district and they got in a huge fight at the game in crockett and had to play in huntsville in an empty gym?

i remember lol hey are you going to be at the game tomorrow?

mwynn05
02-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by coach
i remember lol hey are you going to be at the game tomorrow? if i didnt have to work i would go but im going friday if we win and then saturday of were still playing then are you and EV going to go?

coach
02-26-2008, 12:09 AM
yeah but if they win i will have to miss it bc i have a damn wedding to go to this weekend

mwynn05
02-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by coach
yeah but if they win i will have to miss it bc i have a damn wedding to go to this weekend skip the wedding...and why would you have to miss friday are you in it or something

j_dog
03-01-2008, 12:07 AM
Crockett
Silsbee
Fairfield
Hardin-Jefferson

Aggie, you are such a good predictor! ;) :clap:

21-3a is going back to state in basketball !

mwynn05
03-01-2008, 03:09 AM
I was 2-2 and Fairfield should have won from all accounts ive heard (all Fairfield people) I feel bad for Willie though it isn;t his fault they lost even if he feels like it si even though he missed those 2 one-and one's there were other opportunities thepic of Willie on the Corsicana Daily Sun webpage pretty miuch says what high school sports is all about (http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/sports/images_sizedimage_058014145/resources_photoview)...it's a Silsbee-HJ final...HJ went to state last year and i dono when the last time Silsbee went to state prolly a while back there for im pullin for Silsbee

eagles_victory
03-01-2008, 10:42 AM
I was 2-2 and Fairfield should have won from all accounts ive heard (all Fairfield people) I feel bad for Willie though it isn;t his fault they lost even if he feels like it si even though he missed those 2 one-and one's there were other opportunities thepic of Willie on the Corsicana Daily Sun webpage pretty miuch says what high school sports is all about (http://www.corsicanadailysun.com/sports/images_sizedimage_058014145/resources_photoview)...it's a Silsbee-HJ final...HJ went to state last year and i dono when the last time Silsbee went to state prolly a while back there for im pullin for Silsbee I think that was actually Ladarius in that picture I dont remember Willie falling on the floor.

mwynn05
03-01-2008, 11:03 AM
I think that was actually Ladarius in that picture I dont remember Willie falling on the floor. i wouldnt know i didnt go