PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Point players lose thier hair

Keith7
08-05-2003, 02:47 PM
PILOT POINT - Several Pilot Point football players and an assistant coach went under the clippers Monday for teammate Tyler Lane, who has leukemia and congestive heart failure.
Tyler, a fresman who played football, baseball, and basketball at Gee Junior High last year, lost most of his hair while undergoing chemotherapy recently.
So, after practice Monday some of the teammates cloaked in barbershop capes with "I bussed for Tyler" on them watched as their locks fell to the ground.
"some of the parents came up with the idea" said Brandon Gibbs, a teammate of Tyler;s and one of the first to get his head shaved. "we told Tyler about it. Anything that would help him, we would do. It doesnt get any harder then what he's got,"
"It puts everything in perspective -- it really does," assistant coach Tom Swartz said in a story in Tuesday's Record Choricle. Swartz was the middle school athletic coordinator last year. "It makes you want to go home and hug your own kids. I've coached these kids for two years now, all the way through seventh and eighth grade. It's a family thing."
Tyler's mother, Stacie Blumberg said her son was excited about the Teammates' haircuts.
"I think he was excited that all of those guys would do that for him."

Chief Woodman
08-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Saw the same news story. Pretty cool gesture.

trojandad
08-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Top rung, guys.

Jimbotex40
08-06-2003, 01:50 PM
that is cool

Old Tiger
08-06-2003, 02:23 PM
That is really cool!

Bandera YaYa
08-06-2003, 04:35 PM
Yep, go home and hug your kids and tell them you lov them.....my kudos to those remarkable young men!