PDA

View Full Version : Cuero off to 6-0 start

CueroDad08
02-24-2008, 10:36 AM
The Gobblers are off to a great start, 6 up and 6 down.
The bats looked great all weekend.
96 runs in 6 games. A note to all teams:
You got to hit the ball to beat this team. Up and down the lineup 1-9 can rock the ball.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by CueroDad08
The Gobblers are off to a great start, 6 up and 6 down.
The bats looked great all weekend.
96 runs in 6 games. A note to all teams:
You got to hit the ball to beat this team. Up and down the lineup 1-9 can rock the ball. Pitching is more impressive by the Gobblers, that is what will make them a team to look out for in the playoffs.

CueroDad08
02-24-2008, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
Pitching is more impressive by the Gobblers, that is what will make them a team to look out for in the playoffs.
Had an idea that would be the first comment from Sinton, Oh we got a few of those as well.

SintonFan_inAustin
02-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Had an idea that would be the first comment from Sinton, Oh we got a few of those as well. That would be for any team. I did see couple of games of Cuero young team from last year and pitchers look good but some defensive errors cost them in the playoffs.

GreenMonster
02-24-2008, 11:15 AM
No offense to anyone, but good pitching will beat good hitting anytime. This isn't anything new, this is a trend that repeats itself over and over again year in and year out.

CueroDad08
02-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan_inAustin
That would be for any team. I did see couple of games of Cuero young team from last year and pitchers look good but some defensive errors cost them in the playoffs.

I agree with the errors last year late. But they were young.(Soph & Fresh)
We hope that a year older will help fix that.(Jrs. & soph) now.

pirate4state
02-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Had an idea that would be the first comment from Sinton, Oh we got a few of those as well. :confused: I think his comment backs up the fact that you have the pitching! :doh:

Still LOTS of baseball to play. Good Luck!

CueroDad08
02-24-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
No offense to anyone, but good pitching will beat good hitting anytime. This isn't anything new, this is a trend that repeats itself over and over again year in and year out.

Anyone who plays or follows baseball will agree with you. But this team will put the bat on the ball. A great pitcher will work around good hitters to get to others in the lineup.With this team he cant do that.They all hit well. A great pitcher will need to be sharp with all 9 and no mistakes. This team will make him pay.

VWG
02-24-2008, 02:55 PM
OK, it's really early in the season, so I will bite.
6 wins.. who is the competiton that Cuero beat?
Out of the 6 wins, who did Cuero play that were quality teams?

No offense here, just asking.

CueroDad08
02-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by VWG
OK, it's really early in the season, so I will bite.
6 wins.. who is the competiton that Cuero beat?
Out of the 6 wins, who did Cuero play that were quality teams?

No offense here, just asking.

3 of the 6 wins against class 4A playoff teams from last year.

VWG
02-24-2008, 04:27 PM
3 of the 6 wins against class 4A playoff teams from last year.

Who? Again, just asking.

pirate4state
02-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Cuero 17 Luling 0
Cuero 20 Yorktown 0
Cuero 16 Shepard 1
Cuero 12 Floresville 1
Cuero 14 Industrial 3
Cuero 14 Floresville 7

injuredinmelee
02-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

how have yall fared so far? I saw your Hirschi score so I wont bring that up but how is the team?