PDA

View Full Version : 23-3A Weekend baseball results

HawkEye
02-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Caldwell goes 2-2 in Rockdale/Cameron Bell Classic

2-1 over Llano, 10-4 loss to Giddings, 5-5 with Cameron winning with the 2nd tie-breaker, eliminated today with a 2-0 loss to Rockdale.

Anybody have any info on LaGrange in Columbus tournament or Smithville?

astrofan
02-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Columbus tournament got rained out.

rancher
02-24-2008, 08:16 AM
I know that Bellville and Sealy played a double header. I believe Bellville won the first game 6-0. Have not heard the score of the second game? Hope someone knows.

Antec
02-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Sealy played EAst Bernard on Saturday-No Score Yet

SealyLB73
02-24-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by rancher
I know that Bellville and Sealy played a double header. I believe Bellville won the first game 6-0. Have not heard the score of the second game? Hope someone knows.

Sealy won the second game, 2-0

HawkEye
02-24-2008, 02:48 PM
How did Talerine and Mueller look on the hill? Do they have much pitching depth beyond those two?

Brahma84
02-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Cerny still has the pitchers on a strict pitch count. Tallerine has looked good in all of his apperances. Mueller needs to work on his off-speed stuff, but is looking good. Huebner has also been pitching well for the bulls. After these top three, you have guys that can come in and throw strikes. Hackemack has taken over at catcher for Luetge(who is still rehabing his arm), and has looked very good. Looking forward to playing in the Wharton tournament this weekend. I think Bellville is like 0-30 or something like that. We have never won a game in this tournament, even when we have had good teams.

injuredinmelee
02-24-2008, 06:29 PM
post padding at its finest.

Me not referring to your comments at all

Bull19
02-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
I think Bellville is like 0-30 or something like that. We have never won a game in this tournament, even when we have had good teams.

wow you need to seriously stop posting about bellville baseball. why don't you get your facts straight before you make ignorant post's. bellville has won many games in the wharton tourny.

Brahma84
02-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Tell me when?

Bull19
02-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Brahma84
Tell me when?

off the top of my head--won games their in 02,03,04.

Bull's-eye
02-25-2008, 05:41 PM
I remember 1 year where Bull19 was pitching in the championship game of the Wharton tourney.

Brahma84
02-25-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm glad the bulls have won a few games in Wharton. I guess that I was mistaken. Cerny, however uses the tournaments to look at new players. The starting pitchers will probably be on a pitch count. He will pitch kids that have no varsity experience, to see how they do. He knows that these tournaments do not matter. It's what happens later that counts.

Brahma84
02-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Bellville plays in Wharton this week.
Thurs. 1:00
Fri. 1:00
Sat 6:00

Go Bulls!!!

KL3
02-25-2008, 07:19 PM
The Wharton tournament has traditionally had really good 4A's and even 5A's. My senior year we had to play 5A Jersey Village in the opening game, who had several D1 players, including pitcher Austin Faught who went to UH and their catcher who went to LSU. Faught 2-hit us and the catcher hit two bombs. We might have won 2 games in that tournament the 3 years I played in it.

We won district those years and got knocked out of the playoffs by eventual state qualifier Waco Robinson, so we were pretty good. Bellville just hasn't really had much luck down there for whatever reason.

buff4life
02-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Giddings won 2nd in the Rockdale tourney played 6 games in 2 days, I'm very impressed that the pitching managed to hold up fairly well during these 6 games

Bull19
02-25-2008, 09:42 PM
6 games in two days!!! wow. did games rain out a day or what?

State_In_08
02-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Bull19
6 games in two days!!! wow. did games rain out a day or what?

No. Thats how the tournament was set up. Pool A played 3 games a piece on Thursday, Pool B played 3 games a piece on Friday, and the single elimination bracket play was Saturday.

HawkEye
02-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Cameron/Rockdale “Rivals” Classic

Caldwell 2, Llano 1

Ochs threw four shutout innings while striking out six Yellowjackets for his first win of the season in Friday’s pool play. Ofczarzak tossed the final two innings and wriggled out of a tight jam in the seventh inning with two runners on base. Senior Chris Supak belted a solo home run in the fifth inning for the game-winning hit. Supak later earned All-Tournament honors after batting .420 during Friday’s action.

Giddings 10, Caldwell 4

The Buffaloes had too much offense for the Hornets in the second game of pool play on Friday, notching 15 hits against the rival Hornets. Starter senior Ethan Sebesta threw well, and most importantly, threw deep into the game thus saving the bullpen. The leading hitters for the Hornets included senior Adam Supak (1-2, with a run scored and walk), Ochs (1-2, run scored, walk, stolen base), senior Jordan Hawkins (1-2) and Vasquez (1-2, RBI).

Caldwell 5, Cameron 5

The Hornets staged a huge fourth-inning comeback on the Yoemen and won the second tiebreaker to win the game. Both teams tied with seven runners advancing to third, but Caldwell advanced more runners to second base to settle the tie. The Hornets got on the scoreboard first when Ochs singled home Vasquez, who began the rally with his own single. Ofczarzak came on in relief of Eubanks and held the Yoemen hitless for three innings. The bottom of the Caldwell order produced two runs in the top of the fourth. Senior Justin Martin had a hustling double to lead off the inning. Then, Cameron had trouble fielding bunts by Sebesta and senior Trent Groce, which led to Martin scoring. The third run came on a sacrifice fly by Adam Supak.
The Hornets tied the game in the fifth inning when Chris Supak blasted a two-run homer, his second of the season and second for the tournament. For the game, Martin went 2-for-3, Adam Supak added a pair of hits and Ochs went 3-for-3 with a run scored.

Rockdale 2, Caldwell 0

Tigers starter Nick Hammett outdueled Vasquez in Saturday’s first elimination game. Hammett tossed a three-hit shutout at the Hornets. Vasquez threw into the fifth inning and allowed only two runs. Vasquez allowed eight hits while striking out one and walking one. Meanwhile, the Hornets could not string together enough hits to mount a serious threat. Ochs, Adam Supak and Martin accounted for Caldwell’s hits in the game.