PDA

View Full Version : #5 Navasota Lady Rattlers vs. #9 Fairfield Lady Eagles

HEMOTOXIC
02-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Region III Championship. 7:30 pm Saturday Sam Houston State University

jimmyceatworld
02-23-2008, 03:22 AM
What was the final for the Navasota - Robinson game?

navscanmaster
02-23-2008, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
What was the final for the Navasota - Robinson game?

NAV 42, ROB 35 (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78777)

Like a Junior High Score.

zebrablue2
02-23-2008, 05:32 AM
good luck to the lady rattlers. win region 3...

88bobcats
02-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Go Fairfield! Skin those side-windin' scallywags!

The Lady Rattlers don't belong at the regional tournament anyway.....

NastySlot
02-23-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by 88bobcats

wow that's kinda harsh.

3aSoftball4Mom
02-23-2008, 05:26 PM

:confused: :rolleyes:
hmmmmmm obviously they do, they are there aren't they?

Good Luck Lady Rattlers!!!

HEMOTOXIC
02-23-2008, 07:02 PM

Sore losers I see...

Go Snakes!

88bobcats
02-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Sore losers I see...

Go Snakes!

Sore losers my butt.....you must be the one that paid-off the Navasota ref.

He calls an unwarranted Tech. on our bench (that thinks they just won the game) after not calling a Tech. on Navasota when folks approached the court after the 3-pt. foul call on Kay-K Little.

How can you justify calling a foul on one team and not on the other for the same infraction? The ref. GAVE Navasota two free throws, with Orangefield up by 1, which made the overtime possible, AFTER ORANGEFIELD HAD WON THE GAME.

Come on, he calls a Tech., for celebrating, on high-school kids that think they just won a game, sending them to the regional tournament? Are you kidding me? Sore losers?

Even if Navasota gets past Fairfield, they won't be able to handle Llano, Kennedale or Canyon.

Get ready for track season.

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Lady Eagles up 32-23 at half

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 09:28 PM
34-27 Fairfield leads 2:44 left in the 3rd

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Lady Eagles up 34-29 after 3 didnt make a FG in the 3rd quarter

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 09:45 PM
looks like it might be slippin away 36-35 lady Eagles leading with like 5 mins left eagles now in the bonus

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Navasota takes the lead momentarily but the lady eagles answer back and lead 40-39 with 3:30 left

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 09:52 PM
tied at 43 with 2 mins left

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Lady Eagles up 1 with 50 seconds left

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 09:59 PM
46-45 fairfield 35 seconds left

coiled2strike
02-23-2008, 10:00 PM
well...

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Lady Eagles up one Choicetta McMillen on the line for 2

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Lady Eagles up 47-45 with 16 seconds left rattler ball

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
tied lady eagle ball 8 seconds left lady eagle 94 feet from the bucket on the inbound

coiled2strike
02-23-2008, 10:04 PM
OT?

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 10:05 PM
navasota hits a 3 at the buzzer to go to state

LH Panther Mom
02-23-2008, 10:05 PM
Sounds like a good game! Go girls! :clap:

coiled2strike
02-23-2008, 10:06 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING!!!

LH Panther Mom
02-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
navasota hits a 3 at the buzzer to go to state
Wow! Congrats to the Lady Rattlers on the win and to the Lady Eagles for the great season!

coiled2strike
02-23-2008, 10:07 PM
can you tell me who made it

navscanmaster
02-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Congratulations to the Fairfield Lady Eagles on a great season! Choicetta is a handful to say the least! Great game!

Lets go Lady Rattlers, STATE BOUND!!!!

navscanmaster
02-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by coiled2strike
can you tell me who made it
Perishia Harris!

coiled2strike
02-23-2008, 10:10 PM
great job ladies...how did brateika mock play

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 10:58 PM
sure would have been nice to win it having Taylor Haynes sure wouyld have helped congrats nav sounded yall made the plays when needed to win it

navscanmaster
02-23-2008, 11:04 PM
sure would have been nice to win it having Taylor Haynes sure wouyld have helped congrats nav sounded yall made the plays when needed to win it

Either team would have represented Region III well! I am glad to see our girls finally get over that regional hump, though!

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Either team would have represented Region III well! I am glad to see our girls finally get over that regional hump, though! yeah, its kind of depressing for us because when you're from fairfield your just waiting for something like that shot tonight to happen seems to always happen to us

HEMOTOXIC
02-23-2008, 11:29 PM
Sore losers my butt.....you must be the one that paid-off the Navasota ref.

He calls an unwarranted Tech. on our bench (that thinks they just won the game) after not calling a Tech. on Navasota when folks approached the court after the 3-pt. foul call on Kay-K Little.

How can you justify calling a foul on one team and not on the other for the same infraction? The ref. GAVE Navasota two free throws, with Orangefield up by 1, which made the overtime possible, AFTER ORANGEFIELD HAD WON THE GAME.

Come on, he calls a Tech., for celebrating, on high-school kids that think they just won a game, sending them to the regional tournament? Are you kidding me? Sore losers?

Even if Navasota gets past Fairfield, they won't be able to handle Llano, Kennedale or Canyon.

Get ready for track season.

Yeah, just like the one ref calling a foul on a hail mary shot from half court!

There was clearly one second left on the clock, maybe the coaching staff should have done a better job of keeping their team off the floor with one second left.

And, yes, you are a SORE LOSER. I could call you more or worse, but, the site prohibits such language. Even if the Lady Rattlers don't beat Llano, Kennedale, or Canyon, that only means that your beloved Orangefield Lady Bobcats probably wouldn't have beaten them either. Hey, you also thought that the Lady Rattlers would lose to Robinson and Fairfield too! BTW, Llano will not be in the final 4. A team by the name of West Oso...Ever heard of them?
As a matter of fact, Navasota should have ran the Lady Bobcats off the court after going up by 21 points. However, Navasota's coach decided to 'call off the horses'. That almost hurt them in the end.

In addition, isn't it funny how you really didn't have anything to say until the boys lost to the Runnin Rattlers. Orangefield brings their entire town of 400 people, places their country cowboy student section directly behind Navasota's team bench thinking that it would make a difference. NOT! Then, you come on here blasting our girls. They had nothing to do with the calls in the win against the Lady Bobcats. So, tell me, what did you think about the foul to send Orangefield to the line for 3 shots with 1 second left in the game? OR, what did you think about that same ref calling maybe 5 fouls/violations the entire game against Orangefield?

navscanmaster
02-23-2008, 11:32 PM
yeah, its kind of depressing for us because when you're from fairfield your just waiting for something like that shot tonight to happen seems to always happen to us

We've been there the last decade in girls basketball. Always start of nice, knocking off 5A's, getting single digit rankings, then choke come regionals, or even worse, area the last two. You're like, what do they have to do to get better? Well, the number of seniors on this team (7) might have had something to do with the ability to hang tough through these playoffs.

As for the post by the Orangefield poster:

Sore losers my butt.....you must be the one that paid-off the Navasota ref. Yada Yada yada

I am definitely not the one here to start something, so I will offer you this:

We did not agree with the foul call on the halfcourt shot block. I have seen the tape, and I would not have called the foul if it was by a Brenham player against a Navasota player, because it was not justified at all. Over on you fella's board, **********.com, you have trashed this ref that is supposedly from the Navasota area, yet you fail to mention that the ref that called that foul on Navasota that potentially could have won the game with three foul shots, was in fact from your area, and is a member of your forum. The game is over, and had the Lady Bobcats made more of their foul shots earlier in the game, and not turned the ball over, and not missed several uncontested layups, they might not have been in that position. THE GAME IS OVER, and Navasota's girls do not deserve to be verbally trashed because of a referee's call. And we enjoy all sports, bring on your best in track and we will compete as well. Have a nice day.:)

mwynn05
02-23-2008, 11:34 PM
We've been there the last decade in girls basketball. Always start of nice, knocking off 5A's, getting single digit rankings, then choke come regionals, or even worse, area the last two. You're like, what do they have to do to get better? Well, the number of seniors on this team (7) might have had something to do with the ability to hang tough through these playoffs.

We did not agree with the foul call on the halfcourt shot block. I have seen the tape, and I would not have called the foul if it was by a Brenham player against a Navasota player, because it was not justified at all. Over on you fella's board, **********.com, you have trashed this ref that is supposedly from the Navasota area, yet you fail to mention that the ref that called that foul on Navasota that potentially could have won the game with three foul shots, was in fact from your area, and is a member of your forum. The game is over, and had the Lady Bobcats made more of their foul shots earlier in the game, and not turned the ball over, and not missed several uncontested layups, they might not have been in that position. THE GAME IS OVER, and Navasota's girls do not deserve to be verbally trashed because of a referee's call. And we enjoy all sports, bring on your best in track and we will compete as well. Have a nice day.:) well im not going to say we choked but we def. had a chance to win and just couldnt pull it out

HEMOTOXIC
02-23-2008, 11:37 PM

We did not agree with the foul call on the halfcourt shot block. I have seen the tape, and I would not have called the foul if it was by a Brenham player against a Navasota player, because it was not justified at all. Over on you fella's board, **********.com, you have trashed this ref that is supposedly from the Navasota area, yet you fail to mention that the ref that called that foul on Navasota that potentially could have won the game with three foul shots, was in fact from your area, and is a member of your forum. The game is over, and had the Lady Bobcats made more of their foul shots earlier in the game, and not turned the ball over, and not missed several uncontested layups, they might not have been in that position. THE GAME IS OVER, and Navasota's girls do not deserve to be verbally trashed because of a referee's call. And we enjoy all sports, bring on your best in track and we will compete as well. Have a nice day.:)

Thanks! Well put. Now, its over....

Congrats Lady Rattlers!

HEMOTOXIC
02-23-2008, 11:39 PM
well im not going to say we choked but we def. had a chance to win and just couldnt pull it out

Fairfield was great in the first halft, but they looked a little tired in the second half. Number 20, I believe, was more than a hand full!
My hat goes off to the Lady Eagles!

3aSoftball4Mom
02-23-2008, 11:41 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations from Sealy to the Lady Rattlers.

The best of luck at STATE!!!

HEMOTOXIC
02-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by 3aSoftball4Mom
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations from Sealy to the Lady Rattlers.

The best of luck at STATE!!!

Thanks, it was hard fought! Once again, Navasota thanks your for the support!

jimmyceatworld
02-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Fairfield was great in the first halft, but they looked a little tired in the second half. Number 20, I believe, was more than a hand full!
My hat goes off to the Lady Eagles!

Thanks for the nice gesture, but the Lady Eagles should have won that game. Had it 99% of the way through, but that last 1% matters most. I could say several things, but in the end it won't amount to anything. Navasota made a clutch 3 point buzzer beater after a stupid FF turnover and is now headed to Austin. Good luck Lady Rattlers (I say that with a bitter taste in my mouth)

... I was so looking forward to getting a Fairfield posse chant after the game, but that obviously didn't happen :(

eagles_victory
02-24-2008, 01:44 AM
Could we have won the game? Yes... Should we have won the game? Maybe...

But the bottom line is we didnt make the plays down the stretch and Navasota did. They were better on this given night and deserve all the credit for it they played hard and we just didnt make enough plays good luck at state.

navscanmaster
02-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Could we have won the game? Yes... Should we have won the game? Maybe...

But the bottom line is we didnt make the plays down the stretch and Navasota did. They were better on this given night and deserve all the credit for it they played hard and we just didnt make enough plays good luck at state.

Thank you on behalf of the team. I am glad that we can have a civil discussion after an emotional high stakes game like this. Really sets an example:)

ProudHornetMom
02-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Congratulations Lady Rattlers! My Navasota friend called after the game...excited and in tears. You could tell it was an exciting game and what a finish!

eagles_victory
02-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Thank you on behalf of the team. I am glad that we can have a civil discussion after an emotional high stakes game like this. Really sets an example:) The refs were consistent. Maybe not the best but consistent thats all you can ask. We scored 15 points in the 2nd half thats not going to cut it anyway you slice it. Down the stretch it seemed like we sat on the lead a little bit and tensed up. While Navasota elevated their play. We were the better team for most of the night but not when it counted. Credit to both teams for working hard all season and putting on a great game for the fans.

HEMOTOXIC
02-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Thank you on behalf of the team. I am glad that we can have a civil discussion after an emotional high stakes game like this. Really sets an example:)

You are right. Fairfield has really shown what CLASS is all about.

eagles_victory
02-24-2008, 06:39 PM
You are right. Fairfield has really shown what CLASS is all about. Well im not going to blame the refs or play the we were the better team card because I dont like to hear that from others after we win so im not going to give it to anyone else. If your gonna win with class you gotta lose with class no matter how painful it might be. You can say what you want about the Orangefield game or the Fairfield game that Navasota may have been lucky to win both. But in the end all that matters is they found a way to win and the great teams find a way to win. Our girls did that vs Diboll and HJ just couldnt do it last night.

injuredinmelee
02-24-2008, 06:43 PM
your killng me man

eagles_victory
02-24-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
your killng me man sorry bro i didnt realize what you were doing

injuredinmelee
02-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
sorry bro i didnt realize what you were doing
its all good im a loser and jsut giving you heck.