PDA

View Full Version : Rockets crush Hornets 100-80

Bull's-eye
02-22-2008, 10:26 PM
T-Mac scores 34 and Yao gets 28 as the Rockets win their 11th straight game. Houston also set a team record for road wins with 10 in a row.

JR2004
02-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Nine more points and you could've equaled the spanking we gave them in The Big Easy awhile back. :)

This was a quality win though. Getting pretty close to pushing one of the Texas teams below you if you keep winning like this.

zebrablue2
02-23-2008, 05:41 AM
quality win for the rockets. hope they stay on a roll..

JasperDog94
02-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Win 11 in a row and move up 3 whole spaces in the Western Conference.:)

Necks_Fan
02-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Win 11 in a row and move up 3 whole spaces in the Western Conference.:) What is that, 5th or 6th place their in the West now?

Either way, it's better than being 8th or 9th.

And yes, very impressive considering the quality of the opponent.

Now 20-3 over their last 23 games right?

How many did they win last year? 52-30? Idk.

Anybody think they beat last year's record?

They're 34-20 right now I think.

Let's hope they keep winning:clap:

JasperDog94
02-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
What is that, 5th or 6th place their in the West now? Nope...7th.:( :) :)

Maroon87
02-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Nine more points and you could've equaled the spanking we gave them in The Big Easy awhile back. :)

"We"? Didn't know you were a player. What was your stat line in that game?:p

Necks_Fan
02-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Nope...7th.:( :) :) But only 3 games out of 1st place though right?

New Orleans is in 1st and if Houston keeps winning they will have no problem getting a good seed in the West, not that it really matters because of the quality of 1-8 anyway.

Bull's-eye
02-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Currently the 7Th seed with a 35-20 record. They are 1 full game behind #6 Dallas and 2 games behind #5 San Antonio. They trail division leader N.O. by 3 games. Rockets 20-3 in their last 23 games, losing to NO, Minn and Utah. In all 3 of those games they were leading in the 4th Qtr and had a chance of winning the game. T-Mac didn't play vs NO and Yao was out for the Utah game. In the Minnesota loss, the Rockets blew a 16 point 2nd half lead. This looks to be the loss that got the Rockets attention and might of turned their season around.

JR2004
02-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
"We"? Didn't know you were a player. What was your stat line in that game?:p

If using "We" is wrong then 99.9 percent of the people on here who use "We" when talking about their team are in the same boat and should never use it either. :)

JR2004
02-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Win 11 in a row and move up 3 whole spaces in the Western Conference.:)

Just be happy that y'all should make the playoffs. At least this year the one and done won't look as bad as it has in the past due to the rest of the West being so stacked. :)

Bull's-eye
02-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Just be happy that y'all should make the playoffs. At least this year the one and done won't look as bad as it has in the past due to the rest of the West being so stacked. :)

Like last year's Lakers 42-40 record and first round exit in 5 games?

JR2004
02-23-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Like last year's Lakers 42-40 record and first round exit in 5 games?

Which should've happened considering that team wasn't very good at all. Oh well the one and done is now solely owned again by McInjury and Co. Enjoy those first round exits for the next decade while the Flagship Franchise is busy passing the Leprechauns for most titles in league history. :)

Bull's-eye
02-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Spurs defeat NO Hornets, Rockets now 2-1/2 out of first. Hornets drop from the#1 seed to the #5 seed.

JasperDog94
02-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Just be happy that y'all should make the playoffs. At least this year the one and done won't look as bad as it has in the past due to the rest of the West being so stacked. :) Just keep on talkin'....;)

JR2004
02-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Just keep on talkin'....;)

No problem. I watched three years of mediocre garbage from the Purple and Gold so it's been awhile since I've been able to say anything. Why be a fan of a team if you're not going to trash talk with fans from other teams? I did it during the three-peat and I did it during the debacle that was the loss to the Pistons. No reason to change things now. It's not like anything I say has any kind of an effect on the outcome of any game. :)

Bull's-eye
02-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Why be a fan of a team if you're not going to trash talk with fans from other teams? I did it during the three-peat and I did it during the debacle that was the loss to the Pistons. No reason to change things now. It's not like anything I say has any kind of an effect on the outcome of any game. :)

Just not my style, I rather be a fan that can admire and respect the accomplishments of other teams. Good sportsmanship is not just being a good loser, but also winning with class. If you want to talk your views about basketball, I'm all ears, just leave out the trash.

JR2004
02-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Just not my style, I rather be a fan that can admire and respect the accomplishments of other teams. Good sportsmanship is not just being a good loser, but also winning with class. If you want to talk your views about basketball, I'm all ears, just leave out the trash.

I'm not going to sugar coat it. I don't think your team is as good as mine. Not this year, not next year, not ever.

Save the overused class garbage for the fall when everyone gets bent out of shape over when someone doesn't think their high school has the greatest team ever assembled.

injuredinmelee
02-24-2008, 06:41 PM
good thread.

JasperDog94
02-24-2008, 06:55 PM
Just not my style, I rather be a fan that can admire and respect the accomplishments of other teams. Good sportsmanship is not just being a good loser, but also winning with class. If you want to talk your views about basketball, I'm all ears, just leave out the trash. I'm with you. There's no need to run a team into the ground. Some people feel better about their team by talking bad about another team. Personally I'd rather cheer for my team. Now that doesn't mean that I don't talk bad about certain players when they make what I consider to be a dirty play, but just to run another team into the ground is just not my style.

JasperDog94
02-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Another great win for the Rockets.:)

Bull's-eye
02-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Another great win for the Rockets.:)

Just got back from the game, Bobby Jackson looks be a good fit for the Rockets. Houston has also offered Brent Barry a contract, he should make his decision on Monday.

JasperDog94
02-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Just got back from the game, Bobby Jackson looks be a good fit for the Rockets. Houston has also offered Brent Barry a contract, he should make his decision on Monday. Do you get to go regularly?

Bull's-eye
02-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Do you get to go regularly?

I got a 14 game mini package for the season and then add a few more game along the way. Tonight, the Rockets offered all their upper deck tickets for $12, meaning you could of scored a $40 seat for 12 bucks.

eagles_victory
02-24-2008, 11:54 PM
I'm not going to sugar coat it. I don't think your team is as good as mine. Not this year, not next year, not ever.

Save the overused class garbage for the fall when everyone gets bent out of shape over when someone doesn't think their high school has the greatest team ever assembled. IMO talking trash about pro teams is a totally different ball game then doing it when it comes to high school teams. If someone gets on here bad mouthing a high school team and talking about how their not good or something like that then to me thats not right. Because its just 17 and 18 year old kids giving it their all.

However, when its pro sports its pretty much fair game. These guys are getting paid and nothing we say here is not being said elsewhere. I have no problem with JR because 1. the things he says arent that bad 2. not a laker bandwagoner 3. These guys get paid millions of dollars its not like someone bad mouthing their team means anything at all.

JasperDog94
02-25-2008, 10:46 AM
I got a 14 game mini package for the season and then add a few more game along the way. Tonight, the Rockets offered all their upper deck tickets for $12, meaning you could of scored a $40 seat for 12 bucks. I wish I had known that ahead of time.:(

Bull's-eye
02-25-2008, 11:43 AM
I wish I had known that ahead of time.:(

Next time they have another promotion I'll send you a PM. I think they have a Guys Night Out on tuesday. The Rockets do a great job for their mini season ticket holders. We get a free game, special promotions like the $12 game and also some 1/2 price games. They are having a fan appreciation day next monday, where fans can eat free, meet the players, and go in the locker rooms. The best part is you don't have to pay those convenience charges when ordering tickets. My ticket rep seems to always be able to find tickets for those sold out games. Playoff tickets are also part of the package and they let you order extra if needed.

JasperDog94
02-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Next time they have another promotion I'll send you a PM. I think they have a Guys Night Out on tuesday. The Rockets do a great job for their mini season ticket holders. We get a free game, special promotions like the $12 game and also some 1/2 price games. They are having a fan appreciation day next monday, where fans can eat free, meet the players, and go in the locker rooms. The best part is you don't have to pay those convenience charges when ordering tickets. My ticket rep seems to always be able to find tickets for those sold out games. Playoff tickets are also part of the package and they let you order extra if needed. I just scored some tickets for tomorrow's game. :) They are upper level, but on the front row.:D :D

Sweetwater Red
02-25-2008, 12:19 PM
T-Mac scores 34 and Yao gets 28 as the Rockets win their 11th straight game. Houston also set a team record for road wins with 10 in a row.

Wow! That's almost as impressive as Detroit's two double digit
win streaks and this....against the 2nd best team in the West:D :devil:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280224021

Bull's-eye
02-25-2008, 12:30 PM
I just scored some tickets for tomorrow's game. :) They are upper level, but on the front row.:D :D

I won't be there, so it's up to you to keep the streak going. :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
02-25-2008, 12:32 PM
I won't be there, so it's up to you to keep the streak going. :clap: :clap: I'll do my best.;)