PDA

View Full Version : I was in wreck!! Prayers needed!!

PHS Wildcats
02-22-2008, 09:00 PM
I work for UPS!! I had a bad wreck last night in
my UPS truck!! I was driving to Tyler and was on my
way to the to the Tyler airport, well that change it
on me 2 other times. I was on my way to the airport
and then they told me to drive to Canton to meet up
with the Tyler driver that was going to the DFW
Airport, then the call back five minutes later and
told me to drive all the way to DFW, So I went through
a back road FM 2166 and had crossed over Hwy 31 and was
on my way to Hwy 64 to drive to Canton and head to DFW
and my truck Hydroplaned and I tried to steer it back
to the road, but as I did that, the truck slid on to
the drive slid across the other lane and all I saw was
dirt and tress coming to me. I was telling my self,
"this can't be how I'm going to die" and I just
prepared for myself for the worst. I started flpping
and I was was being jerk around and when I finally
stop. I was back upright and facing the opposite
direction. I'm beat up pretty bad and very sore. I feel very lucky, because if I had went on the other side of the curve, there was a 15 to 20 ft drop off and it could've been a whole lot worse. So I hope you keep me in your prayers.

AP Panther Fan
02-22-2008, 09:13 PM
First of all....ARE YOU SERIOUS? I fall for things hook, line and sinker...

Well, thank God you are physically okay...now you just have to heal mentally. As you said, it could have been much worse for you if you would have hit that drop off or maybe a car with other people in it. I think someone was looking out for you. Say a prayer of thanks.....:)

I will keep you in my thoughts as well.:)

pirate4state
02-22-2008, 09:44 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy crap!!! I'm glad you're still with us. Praying for a speedy recovery.

PHS Wildcats
02-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
First of all....ARE YOU SERIOUS? I fall for things hook, line and sinker...

Well, thank God you are physically okay...now you just have to heal mentally. As you said, it could have been much worse for you if you would have hit that drop off or maybe a car with other people in it. I think someone was looking out for you. Say a prayer of thanks.....:)

I will keep you in my thoughts as well.:)

Thanks, yes I'm dead serious!! I feel terrible and this was my 1st accident ever!! I'm glad no one else was involved.

zebrablue2
02-22-2008, 09:59 PM
the lord was with you, and it wasn't your time. get better, and always remember you have more time than money. 5 minutes late is always better than not getting there at all. take care...

navscanmaster
02-22-2008, 10:44 PM
You are seriously lucky! My prayers will include you without a doubt. But seeing as you are a UPS driver, I hope the company cared more about you than how the mail was gonna get delivered.

44INAROW
02-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Thank heavens you are OK - it's scary when a vehicle hydroplanes...... I am so glad you're going to be OK - I hope UPS gave you a few days off to recover.......

Old Dog
02-23-2008, 12:35 AM
God's speed in your recovery.....................

ProudHornetMom
02-24-2008, 10:11 AM
First a prayer of Thanksgiving that you are ok and no one hurt. A second prayer that it becomes a faded memory quick so you aren't re-living it over and over.

Bet you will be sore all over for a few days. Take care of yourself, count your blessings and please be careful. I've wondered about those trucks with the door open on the driver side...

PHS Wildcats
02-24-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks everyone. I hear how people say the see their life flash before their eyes, but I didn't see that. I was just preparing myself for the worst. I just keep telling myself. "STAY AWAKE!!" I replay it over and over in my mind. Scary!!!!

injuredinmelee
02-24-2008, 04:44 PM
thank goodness that you are still alive. Prayers from Abilene