PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboy Rumor

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 05:51 PM
according to adam schefter on nfl network. didnt say who was involved, but a cowboy message board is saying that the rumor is

pick #3, D.Hall and a second round pick

for

Barber, both #1's

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saw this on another website and was shocked that they'd give up both #1's and Barber for the 3rd pick in the draft and a second round pick.

Is Jerry's hard on for McFadden going to effect it, yes.

ILS1
02-22-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
according to adam schefter on nfl network. didnt say who was involved, but a cowboy message board is saying that the rumor is

for

Barber, both #1's

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saw this on another website and was shocked that they'd give up both #1's and Barber for the 3rd pick in the draft and a second round pick.

Keep Barber and get rid of Julius Jones!!!

:D :D :D

kepdawg
02-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Keep Barber and get rid of Julius Jones!!!

:D :D :D

Julius is gone

ILS1
02-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Julius is gone

I know he was a Free Agent who did he sign with??

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Astrosdawg07
02-22-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue

for

Barber, both #1's

Man DeAngelo Hall in our secondary would be nice...I'd be almost tempted to make that deal because you might could still get McFadden.

Txbroadcaster
02-22-2008, 07:45 PM
IMO this deal makes no sense for Atlanta who are in DIRE NEED of a QB and the talent drops in the QB department after the top 2-3

AP Panther Fan
02-22-2008, 07:58 PM
So....is Barber staying? If not, I am seriously disowning the Cowboys.:cool:

AP Panther Fan
02-22-2008, 08:13 PM
Here's the article from DallasCowboys.com (http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=4354D41E-9A5B-E1B4-9E060553EC087556)

PHS Wildcats
02-22-2008, 08:52 PM
Wow. IMO D. Hall is overated

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Wow. IMO D. Hall is overated

Overated, but still pretty darn good. He definitly couldn't hurt our secondary any.

pirate4state
02-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
So....is Barber staying? If not, I am seriously disowning the Cowboys.:cool: :eek: :eek: :eek: DUDE!

AP Panther Fan
02-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: :eek: DUDE!

that's right, I will switch teams...(to the one he goes to);)

pirate4state
02-22-2008, 11:11 PM
that's right, I will switch teams...(to the one he goes to);) :dispntd: :speech: :dispntd: :speech:

big daddy russ
02-23-2008, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
IMO this deal makes no sense for Atlanta who are in DIRE NEED of a QB and the talent drops in the QB department after the top 2-3
One of the things they've been saying about this QB class is that it's nowhere near the level of some past QB classes, and that any QB taken in the top ten might be a bit of a stretch. I like Andre Woodson and Matt Ryan (currently the top-rated QB on most draft boards), but they can (OK, maybe they should) be taken in the middle of the first or later. Scott Wright actually has Woodson rated as a second- or third-rounder. Also, Brian Brohm's stock has dropped and if this downward momentum continues he may slide into the second round.

As of right now, Scott Wright (the only free draftnik I trust as much as Kiper and Mayock) has Ryan rated the 10th-rated talent (not 10th in the mock draft) in the draft, with Brohm at 16 and nobody else rated as a first-round talent. Chad Henne and Delaware's Joe Flacco both come in right around the second round followed by Woodson.

But the same as you, I have questions about this move from Atlanta's perspective. I think Ryan is Philip Rivers with a little less arm strength, but who will still be there when Atlanta picks? Will it be someone who can fit into their system, or will they be left grasping for straws? I like Woodson that late, but I don't know how well he'd fit into Mike Mularkey's offense.

I guess the Falcons just realize that there are so many holes in the the team and that there's much better value in the middle of the first in this draft that trading down was a better option than standing pat.

Txbroadcaster
02-23-2008, 09:27 AM
Here's the article from DallasCowboys.com (http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=4354D41E-9A5B-E1B4-9E060553EC087556)

Nothing about trading Barber in that article

Buccaneer
02-23-2008, 11:11 AM
The Giants are also trying to acquire D'Angelo Hall.

Macarthur
02-23-2008, 02:43 PM
This is an interesting deal. Here's the thing, we all assume that JJ wants to move up there to get McFadden. What if they really have a hard on for one of the big DL, Dorsey, Ellis or Long? Those dudes are going to be studs for a long time.

piratebg
02-23-2008, 07:39 PM
I'm hoping they don't trade MBIII. He makes the offense so much more exciting and so much more dangerous.