PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta vs. The Purple Tigers

Buckeye80
11-12-2003, 09:48 PM
Seems like a real mismatch to me. I don't see this one even being close. Kudos to the Tigers for making the playoffs, but I'm afraid the season will end for y'all on Saturday. But hey, stranger things have happened.

Atlanta 30
Mt. Vernon 6

crzyjournalist03
11-12-2003, 10:07 PM
Atlanta was my bracket pick to win it all in D2.

blue4ever
11-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Mt Vernon is not gonna score in this one. Atlanta has the best defense I have seen in a long time.

PPHSfan
11-13-2003, 04:50 PM
For obvious reasons, I will be rooting for the underdogs. :D

BigRedfan
11-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Mount Vernon should not even be in the playoffs. They will play one game and go home and start their basketball season in hopes of defeating Lindale and making it to Austin.

ATLANTA 45
Mount Vernon 0

I hate to go against a fellow district member but it will not even be close.
:D

blue4ever
11-13-2003, 05:59 PM
Your score is half right for sure, the 0 for MT. Vernon.

BuckeyeFan
11-13-2003, 08:07 PM
I would love to see an upset here.
:D

BigRedfan
11-13-2003, 08:20 PM
why??

BuckeyeFan
11-13-2003, 08:28 PM
Just to see 11-3A do good in the playoffs and to see Atlanta get beat!

BigRedfan
11-13-2003, 09:35 PM
Ok. See you tomorrow night. What should I look for?

PPHSfan
11-14-2003, 12:49 AM
I think this game is closer than it looks on paper. It would not surprise me if Mount Vernon didn't come out gunning with something that no team has seen all year. I still think Atlanta wins this game but I am gonna go out on a limb and say....Atlanta gets held to 21 and Mount Vernon sneaks in 14. I bet that is a lot closer than the 40 to 0 score that the more intelligent majority is predicting. Guess we will know tomorrow night.

blue4ever
11-14-2003, 08:55 AM
Have you seen Atlanta's defense? Their offense is nothing to write home about, but it's adequate. Mt Vernon will not score 14 with their offense anyway, they may get a defensive td maybe a special teams td, but not 14 from their offense.

PPHSfan
11-14-2003, 09:03 AM
blue4ever:
Have you seen Atlanta's defense? Their offense is nothing to write home about, but it's adequate. Mt Vernon will not score 14 with their offense anyway, they may get a defensive td maybe a special teams td, but not 14 from their offense.Tell me tonight when it is over. You see, I made a prediction here, you stated something that sounds like a matter of fact. Let's see who is right when the smoke clears and the dust settles.

Probably me, but then again, I am not making any promises.

Well I will make you one, Gilmer is gonna give Daingerfield one Hell of a Footballl game, that is a promise.

BigRedfan
11-14-2003, 10:15 AM
AMEN!!! 10 hours and 15 minutes still the war begins.
I am getting very excited. Football tonight, girls basketball in the morning. Does not get any better than this. :p wink :D :o :)

blue4ever
11-14-2003, 10:33 AM
And Daingerfield is gonna give Gilmer one hell of a football game, I will promise you that as well.

BUDDY
11-14-2003, 12:18 PM
Mt. Vernon will not even have 100 total yards. If they do it will be on some kind of fluke, tip pass for big play etc., and it better be in the endzone when it happens. In fact there only chance to score may be on defense or a special teams goof by Atlanta. Atlanta 47 Mt. Mercy 0.

PPHSfan
11-14-2003, 12:22 PM
I hope all of you experts are around late tonight and tomorrow morning so you can show me how smart you are.

BigRedfan
11-14-2003, 12:37 PM
Will be here late tonight. Will not be here in the morning got to go support the Lady Raiders in a scrimmage game. I know this is a football board but had to plug basketball. eek! :D :) :p

PPHSfan
11-14-2003, 12:41 PM
Hey BigRedFan,

Just out of curiosity, what would your prediction be this week if Winnsboro had beaten MV?

Not trying to start anything, I don't even have a dog in this fight, other than we get the winner if we beat Quinlan.

BigRedfan
11-14-2003, 12:58 PM
PPHS
I think that it would be a better game than Mount Vernon is going to play. That is if Atlanta is as good as people say that they are. Winnsboro had a good quarterback, running back, and an average offensive and defensive line. If Winnsboro put 30 points on the board against Gilmer then you know that they had some offensive fire power to them. I have had several people tell me that Winnsboro did not play up to their capabilities against Lindale and Mount Vernon. Yes, they, Lindale and Mount Vernon were better teams those nights but not in the overall scheme of things.
I am still sticking to my prediction: one and out for Mount Vernon and more than likely it would have been the same thing for Winnsboro. But we will never know if Winnsboro could have competed any better. Now it is on to basketball,track,baseball.

blue4ever
11-14-2003, 01:14 PM
PPHS, have you ever seen Atlanta? And what is it about MT. Vernon that is so great. They had by far a better team last year and couldn't get past NB, and Atlanta's defense is better than NB's was last year.

PPHSfan
11-14-2003, 01:22 PM
blue4ever:
PPHS, have you ever seen Atlanta? And what is it about MT. Vernon that is so great. They had by far a better team last year and couldn't get past NB, and Atlanta's defense is better than NB's was last year.Yes, I saw Atlanta play last year against Forney. And I never said that Mount Vernon was great. I just don't think that they are going to lose 40-0.