PDA

View Full Version : Lady Z Jr on to second round

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2008, 03:08 PM
Update - My daughter won her first match at the state wrestling tourney! She dusted off the region 3 champion. Next match will be at 5:30. 3 more wins in a row and she will be the state champ! Go whitney.

Ranger Mom
02-22-2008, 03:10 PM
GO WHITNEY!!!!!!

DaHop72
02-22-2008, 03:24 PM
GO WHITNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Txbroadcaster
02-22-2008, 03:25 PM
GO WHITNEY

kepdawg
02-22-2008, 03:27 PM
go whitney

44INAROW
02-22-2008, 04:07 PM
GO WHITNEY :)

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
She dusted off the region 3 champion.

Go Whitney.

Ranger Mom
02-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Good news.:thumbsup:

On a side note: Go Blue is going to cry when he reads this.:thinking: :D

You can't respond to this thread unless you say:

GO WHITNEY!!

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
You can't respond to this thread unless you say:

GO WHITNEY!!

:( sorry and...

Go Whitney.:clap:

AP Panther Fan
02-22-2008, 04:32 PM
Yeah....Go Whitney! :clap: :clap: :clap:

STANG RED
02-22-2008, 04:40 PM
OK I'll play.

GO WHITNEY!!!

But I saw this same sweet little waffer thin gal running track in Sweetwater 2 years ago. I'm just having a hard time picturing her wrestling at all. Much less for a state title. :eek: :D

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
OK I'll play.

GO WHITNEY!!!

But I saw this same sweet little waffer thin gal running track in Sweetwater 2 years ago. I'm just having a hard time picturing her wrestling at all. Much less for a state title. :eek: :D

Go Whitney!

Remember Stang Red.

It's not this size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight
in the dog.:D

Ranger Mom
02-22-2008, 04:47 PM
You guys are doing a FINE job!!!!:thumbsup:

GO Whitney!!!!!

STANG RED
02-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Go Whitney!

Remember Stang Red.

It's not this size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight
in the dog.:D

Go Whitney!!!

Go easy with that dog reference there Red. That's what we called the ugly girls back when I was in school, and Whitney's a little cutie pie. And besides, she’s a Vernon Lion from the feline family.

fe•line

*belonging to or typical of animals of the cat family, including lions, tigers, and domestic cats

*similar to a cat, especially in graceful movement or stealthiness

:D

Old Dog
02-22-2008, 05:11 PM
GO WHITNEY............!

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Go Whitney!!!

Go easy with that dog reference there Red. That's what we called the ugly girls back when I was in school, and Whitney's a little cutie pie. And besides, she’s a Vernon Lion from the feline family.

fe•line

*belonging to or typical of animals of the cat family, including lions, tigers, and domestic cats

*similar to a cat, especially in graceful movement or stealthiness

:D

Go Whitney!

That's what I get for quoting one of those rapper guys.:doh: :D

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Update! She won her second match - two wins away from being the state champion!!! She pinned both girls so far in the 1st period. She looked great in the last match. Going up against a girl who beat her at regionals. So she has her work cut out for her. She goes at 9 am tomorrow. Thanks for all the support and I can't believe my daughter is one win away from the championship match.

Go whitney!!!

mwynn05
02-22-2008, 08:33 PM
thats pretty cool....good luck

AP Panther Fan
02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Awesome....Congrats to both, you and Whitney!:D

and before I forget.......

GO WHITNEY!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

pirate4state
02-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Update! She won her second match - two wins away from being the state champion!!! She pinned both girls so far in the 1st period. She looked great in the last match. Going up against a girl who beat her at regionals. So she has her work cut out for her. She goes at 9 am tomorrow. Thanks for all the support and I can't believe my daughter is one win away from the championship match.

Go whitney!!!

:clap: :clap:

Nice!!!

Go Whitney!!!

:cheerl: :cheerl:

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-23-2008, 10:52 AM
Well she gave it all she had but lost in the semi-finals to the region 1 champ from Caprock. She goes again at 12 if she wins she goes for 3rd or 4th if she loses then she goes for 5th or 6th all of which have points to help her team. Sure would be a blessing to take 3rd and get a bronze medal.

Go whitney

Ranger Mom
02-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Well darn it!!

Keep on keeping on!!!

GO WHITNEY!!!

pirate4state
02-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Well she gave it all she had but lost in the semi-finals to the region 1 champ from Caprock. She goes again at 12 if she wins she goes for 3rd or 4th if she loses then she goes for 5th or 6th all of which have points to help her team. Sure would be a blessing to take 3rd and get a bronze medal.

Go whitney

Good luck to her. It is still a great accomplishment to have made it this far!! :clap:

Go Whitney!

LH Panther Mom
02-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Best of luck! GO WHITNEY! :clap:

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-23-2008, 01:10 PM
I really didn't know there was much wrestling goin on in Texas.

GO WHITNEY

Necks_Fan
02-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I really didn't know there was much wrestling goin on in Texas.

GO WHITNEY Lol, Go Whitney.

GreenMonster
02-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Geaux Whitney!!!

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-23-2008, 06:47 PM
What a weekend. She took 6th place. Lost 3 matches today as the comp was much better. She made one mistake in her 2nd match and it cost her. She won an awesome state medal. She also got a framed copy of her bracket with a UIL seal on it and a state farm - finalist t-shirt. What a wonderful experience for us both. Many may not know that I'm a single father with custody of my daughter so we have a very close relationship. I'm just so proud of her I wanted to share my ecitement with my downlow brothers and sisters! We will both be going to kansas next year so this was a great way to finish up her high school career. Cheers go out to coach scott of vernon for seeing something in whitney two years ago and bugging her to wrestle until she said yes and then coaching the heck out of her.

Go lions and great job whitney.

JR2004
02-23-2008, 07:05 PM
What a wonderful experience for us both. Many may not know that I'm a single father with custody of my daughter so we have a very close relationship.

Congratulations to your daughter on making it to the state meet. It's pretty easy to tell how proud you are of her. More importantly though is you stepping up and raising your daughter as a single dad. As I'm sure KAOrder can tell you, there's not a lot of dads around where he's coaching and teaching at that are stepping up to the plate and providing for their children like they should.

You've got my respect for being a real MAN. Congratulations again and I hope y'all enjoy the move to Kansas!

lion75
02-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Congrats to Whitney and to you Z ( I'm still not used to calling you that since I've always called you by name). Good luck in Kansas and if you're ever in Plano, send me a PM and we'll meet for lunch.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by lion75
Congrats to Whitney and to you Z ( I'm still not used to calling you that since I've always called you by name). Good luck in Kansas and if you're ever in Plano, send me a PM and we'll meet for lunch.

Will do. Its always good to have friends all over the place.

injuredinmelee
02-24-2008, 06:42 PM
GO WHITNEY.

Ok i know its over and she lost in the semis but thats still awesome!!!