PDA

View Full Version : Home Game Team Entrance & Crowd Support/Atmosphere

Lion_Addict
02-22-2008, 12:48 PM
I was just curious what yawl had to say about your team's entrance onto the stadium before a home game, the atmosphere, the intensity, crowd reaction & support.

44INAROW
02-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Loud and Proud :)

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I was just curious what yawl had to say about your team's entrance onto the stadium before a home game, the atmosphere, the intensity, crowd reaction & support.

Let me tell it like it is....:(

Complacent and lazy.:mad: ...It's like the players moms are the
only ones that notice that there coming down the stairs.

Twenty years of being pretty good has spoiled the "home" fans.
The true fans that go to road and playoff games are quite
different. They show their enthusiasm from start to finish.

DU_stud04
02-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Let me tell it like it is....:(

Complacent and lazy.:mad: ...It's like the players moms are the
only ones that notice that there coming down the stairs.

Twenty years of being pretty good has spoiled the "home" fans.
The true fans that go to road and playoff games are quite
different. They show their enthusiasm from start to finish. last time i went home i didnt even hear the "RED! RED! RED!" chant.... everyone seemed to not even know a game was going on till the first touchdown.

brownwood has an awesome entrance, kinda intimidating. my favorite is still the haka and euless trinity. :D seeing those Tongans going wild is a scary sight, they're monsters, they make me look small.

DU_stud04
02-22-2008, 01:05 PM
another one i liked was waco lavega. EVERYONE gets into it....got people dancing in the crowd, they got the pirate blow up rock'n, the band playin their jams. its a fun atmosphere.

Adidas410s
02-22-2008, 01:10 PM
For 3A...gotta be Brownwood! Juggs is right...the Haka can't be beat though...

Texasfootball2
02-22-2008, 01:11 PM
Excluding the HAKA, Brownwood is as good as it gets. There may be some that match it but they will not play second fiddle to anyone when it comes to stadium entrance.

Lion_Addict
02-22-2008, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Excluding the HAKA, Brownwood is as good as it gets. There may be some that match it but they will not play second fiddle to anyone when it comes to stadium entrance.

My son played on the 7th grade "A" team this past season (WR/DB) and that is one thing he looks forward to the most in the future.......coming down the tunnel with all the lights, smoke, "Welcome to the Jungle", etc. I have to say "Dad" kinda looks forward to that day too!

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Out of the locker room through a gate. :)

CenTexSports
02-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Ya'll need to get a better perspective on these entrances. The spring games aren't far off and then in the middle of the summer comes the first meetings. So make plans now to join your local TASO chapter and see the entrances from field level. I don't care who comes on the field, if you don't get chill bumps during the National Anthem then you don't need to be at the game.

I was in Brownwood for a game last year and I don't remember the entrance being especially different or better than most.

nobogey72
02-22-2008, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
Ya'll need to get a better perspective on these entrances. The spring games aren't far off and then in the middle of the summer comes the first meetings. So make plans now to join your local TASO chapter and see the entrances from field level. I don't care who comes on the field, if you don't get chill bumps during the National Anthem then you don't need to be at the game.

I was in Brownwood for a game last year and I don't remember the entrance being especially different or better than most.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :p

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 03:09 PM

What's up with the tude?:thinking:

nobogey72
02-22-2008, 03:15 PM

My wife has been in central Texas yesterday and today, he probably ran into her and was forced into a conversation. That would explain it. Otherwise, I would say he sounds like he needs a corncobectomy.:p :p

CenTexSports
02-22-2008, 03:20 PM
What 'tude? I am just inviting everyone to join TASO and become a football official.

There were not any capital leters or exclamination points or fingers pointing was there? You all must have a complex. Remember, EVERY TASO CHAPTER IN THE STATE NEEDS MORE OFFICIALS.

And your wife wasn't nearly as bad as you make her out to be. I will send my wife that way some time for comparission.

Ranger Mom
02-22-2008, 03:26 PM

I didn't say a word....I promise!!:eek: ;) :p

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 03:31 PM

And your wife wasn't nearly as bad as you make her out to be. I will send my wife that way some time for comparission.

Does your wife ever read this board? :thinking:

CenTexSports
02-22-2008, 03:38 PM
No but if you need to call her and tell her what I said it is OK with me or you can e-mail her.

navscanmaster
02-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Two years ago, Navasota's Brule Field had one of the best entrances. Both the home and visitor teams could be seen leaving the locker rooms that are 15-20 feet above the field grade, then entered by going down the 70 year old stone steps at the corner of the home side/endzone. Nothing like it IMO.

Nowadays, the visitors go around the back of their stands at Rattler Stadium, but the Rattlers got it different. They enter through a "tunnel" which starts at ground level behind the concession building and goes down to field level under the front of the concession building, which is about 6-8 feet above field grade. During this entrance, they have a video that plays on the big screen with entrance music, don't remember the song though. Also has a "no one, and I mean no one, comes into our house" thing going to. Pretty cool, and the fans were pretty excited this year in the first year. If only we could get our student section to SHUT THEIR DANG MOUTHS during the prayer, it would be great.

Things will be different this year. We already know there will be a larger than normal scout presence.

nobogey72
02-22-2008, 06:53 PM
No but if you need to call her and tell her what I said it is OK with me or you can e-mail her.

and mine can't read, so that's not a problem.:inlove: