PDA

View Full Version : Memphis/Tennessee - College Hoops

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 11:12 AM
Should be a great game but I think Memphis and their athleticism wins it.

eagles_victory
02-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Tennessee isnt the number 2 team in the country imo

JR2004
02-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Should be a great game but I think Memphis and their athleticism wins it.

I don't care who wins it. Both teams play an old school style of basketball and I like that. There won't be any ground and pound basketball in this one. If both teams are hot from the field then the first one to 90 should win it, but I hope it makes it to triple digits. I can't stand all the teams out there with control freaks on the sidelines. Hopefully more teams will try and adopt the style Coach Pearl is using at Tennessee. There's just a handful of teams out there playing that old Arkansas and UNLV style of basketball.

cshscougar08
02-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Both teams play an old school style of basketball and I like that.

Not really. Memphis plays a very modern offense. Check out the SI article about Vance Walberg who created the offense they run. It's a great read. I think it came out two weeks ago or so.

JR2004
02-22-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
Not really. Memphis plays a very modern offense. Check out the SI article about Vance Walberg who created the offense they run. It's a great read. I think it came out two weeks ago or so.

Wrong

I already read that last week. They play an old school style of basketball in that THEY RUN. Wahlberg took principles from many different offenses that have been around for several decades. It's only new in that it's derived from several different systems. The ideas are nothing new.