PDA

View Full Version : Abilene Wylie's new turf field

michaelp23
02-22-2008, 09:45 AM
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2008/feb/21/wylie-school-district-considers-artificial-turf/

Can't wait to see it next season! And it won't EVER have pink endzones!!;)

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 09:49 AM
And it will still only be the third best stadium in 2-3A.:devil:

Adidas410s
02-22-2008, 09:50 AM
It's already the best looking field in West Texas...and they haven't even started yet!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I wonder if they'll try to keep the Bulldog at midfield. Are they going to go with purple endzones??? Those COULD change colors...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
It's already the best looking field in West Texas...and they haven't even started yet!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

What-EVer.:rolleyes:

:D :devil:

Adidas410s
02-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
What-EVer.:rolleyes:

:D :devil:
Get back to me when you win something this century!!! :D

nobogey72
02-22-2008, 09:59 AM

Saying it will be the 3rd best is being pretty generous. I would rank them 1. The Bowl
2. Gordon Wood
3. Graham
4. Snyder (if they get turf)
5. & 6. Tie Wylie and Breck (if they both get turf)

Wylies is OK. To me it just doesn't have much personality. Just metal bleachers. Just wait till we get our domed stadium.:D :clap:

STANG RED
02-22-2008, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Just wait till we get our domed stadium.:D :clap:

Nah, It'll never happen. It would take too much out of the ref and UIL officials bribbing fund.:p :D

injuredinmelee
02-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Saying it will be the 3rd best is being pretty generous. I would rank them 1. The Bowl
2. Gordon Wood
3. Graham

Wylies is OK. To me it just doesn't have much personality. Just metal bleachers. Just wait till we get our domed stadium.:D :clap:
Graham and Snyder both have inadequate and antiquated seating right? I havent been to Graham in a couple of years and havent seen the new field though.

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 10:08 AM
2. Gordon Wood
3. Graham

I haven't been to Graham's in years. I couldn't remember if it
was nice or not. I thought I remembered people saying it was
nice on here due to recent renovations.:doh:

michaelp23
02-22-2008, 10:13 AM

That's true, for now. Plans are aslo in the works to get a new pressbox, expand seating to 12,000, and we hope they'll do something to the exterior to give it some "character". The hope is that, along with the new turf, we can attract more playoff games. We'll see.....

STANG RED
02-22-2008, 10:15 AM

I've heard it's extremely nice, but maybe a bit small. It's been a long time since I've been there, but I remember it being comperable in size to Buckaroo stadium. Maybe just a little bigger.

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I've heard it's extremely nice, but maybe a bit small. It's been a long time since I've been there, but I remember it being comperable in size to Buckaroo stadium. Maybe just a little bigger.

This must be a really old picture.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=688

Adidas410s
02-22-2008, 10:42 AM
The field is very nice...the seating is still old and antiquated.

Texasfootball2
02-22-2008, 01:24 PM
This must be a really old picture.

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=688

I looked at this website. Pretty cool stuff. I was very disappointed in the Liberty Hill stadium. Capacity of 1567?? are you kidding. The picture may be old but it was not what I pictured it to be. As for Rockdale's stadium, pretty much just what I thought it would be. Gilmer, Andrews, Sweetwater and Brownwood now these stadiums are good looking venue's. I was also surprised at some of the seating capacities. Gordon Wood stadium capacity is only 800 more than Bulldog stadium at Wylie, and Wylie capacity has a 500 more capacity than the Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater:doh:

Based on this website, I would have to give the #1 3A stadium nod to Andrews. Seats over 8000 and has great seating and parking.:thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I looked at this website. Pretty cool stuff. I was very disappointed in the Liberty Hill stadium. Capacity of 1567?? are you kidding. The picture may be old but it was not what I pictured it to be. As for Rockdale's stadium, pretty much just what I thought it would be. Gilmer, Andrews, Sweetwater and Brownwood now these stadiums are good looking venue's. I was also surprised at some of the seating capacities. Gordon Wood stadium capacity is only 800 more than Bulldog stadium at Wylie, and Wylie capacity has a 500 more capacity than the Mustang Bowl in Sweetwater:doh:

Based on this website, I would have to give the #1 3A stadium nod to Andrews. Seats over 8000 and has great seating and parking.:thumbsup:

Andrews?:confused:

They say bowl...I say taco shell....:thinking: :D

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=992

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2008, 01:47 PM
I looked at this website. Pretty cool stuff. I was very disappointed in the Liberty Hill stadium. Capacity of 1567?? are you kidding. The picture may be old but it was not what I pictured it to be.
Wrong capacity - old picture.

No again (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=75532)

No (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=77962)

upgrades (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=67701)

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

I wonder if he travels the state taking pictures or waits for
locals to send him pictures or updates in capacity?

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2008, 01:52 PM
I wonder if he travels the state taking pictures or waits for
locals to send him pictures or updates in capacity?
Maybe some of both? If I knew the "official" capacity, I would send it in. But maybe I should wait to see if we add another sign on top of the press box. :D

Texasfootball2
02-22-2008, 01:54 PM

That makes more sense. You don't see many programs as proud and successful as Liberty Hill with subpar facilities. Look forward to the trip when Wylie plays LH whether it's this year or next year.

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Maybe some of both? If I knew the "official" capacity, I would send it in. But maybe I should wait to see if we add another sign on top of the press box. :D

I'll do the same thing if Jerry Jones comes through for us as he
has already indicated.:D

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2008, 01:59 PM
That makes more sense. You don't see many programs as proud and successful as Liberty Hill with subpar facilities. Look forward to the trip when Wylie plays LH whether it's this year or next year.
Just remember this, then: "Bring your lawn chairs". :eek: ;)

Lion_Addict
02-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Just remember this, then: "Bring your lawn chairs". :eek: ;)

Thank you for the forwarning cuz I know we will be there THIS YEAR!

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
Thank you for the forwarning cuz I know we will be there THIS YEAR!
I wish I had a picture of it, but 2002 (pre-upgrades lol) Burnet/LH game here was absolutely insane. Close to 9000 in attendance, according to what was on tv after the game.

Lion_Addict
02-22-2008, 02:17 PM
I wish I had a picture of it, but 2002 (pre-upgrades lol) Burnet/LH game here was absolutely insane. Close to 9000 in attendance, according to what was on tv after the game.

I'm just gonna take a wild guess that Brownwood/Liberty Hill may be a big draw ;)

Silverback 04
02-22-2008, 03:43 PM
I think the small visitor stadium at LH is used as some sort of psychological torture to the visiting team. The players look up in the stands and see their Mommies and Daddies suffering and it takes them back to their crib days when they were teething and suckling and while they are getting in touch with their inner selves, the LH kids are looking around and seeing a standing room only crowd and thinking "Man, this is big time football, I better get after it". Before the visitors can recover its 28-0 and LH is burning the clock with the dreaded Slot-T. Just my opinion!

Rocket
02-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Riiiiiiight...

Brownwood will make LH their Home Stadium this season. Heck we might even make ya'll sit in the visitor's section. That is where you will want to be anyways once you see the scoreboard after the game... ha ha

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Rocket
Riiiiiiight...

Brownwood will make LH their Home Stadium this season. Heck we might even make ya'll sit in the visitor's section. That is where you will want to be anyways once you see the scoreboard after the game... ha ha

Anyone else thinking about any Celina posters right now?:thinking: :devil:

STANG RED
02-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Anyone else thinking about any Celina posters right now?:thinking: :devil:

I’d love to see Bwood and Celina play one another, but I'm not sure there’s a stadium in Texas that can accommodate that many swelled heads.:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
02-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I’d love to see Bwood and Celina play one another, but I'm not sure there’s a stadium in Texas that can accommodate that many swelled heads.:thinking:

Well, Jerry is building that new stadium in Arlington.:thinking:

I'm trying to figure out why Brownwoodians have such big heads.
When's the last time they won anything? :thinking: :D :devil:

Rocket
02-25-2008, 06:12 PM
When was the last time Sweetwater made it to the Quarterfinals? In 4A?

Hmm.. thought so... we gave you a preview last season of what Brownwood is capable of in 3A... we beat one of your powerhouses (Ab. Wylie) and we spanked Sweetwater. So if anything, we can talk trash to Sweetwater..we have bragging rights..until you at least make it a game hopefully this season. Let me rephrase that, at least until you are able to execute a play? wow...

I know for Sweetwater that it has been a while since you have had anything to have a swelled head about... Trust me, if you ever get back to the point of having something to be proud of, you will talk about it...

injuredinmelee
02-25-2008, 06:54 PM

Hmm.. thought so... we gave you a preview last season of what Brownwood is capable of in 3A... we beat one of your powerhouses (Ab. Wylie) and we spanked Sweetwater. So if anything, we can talk trash to Sweetwater..we have bragging rights..until you at least make it a game hopefully this season. Let me rephrase that, at least until you are able to execute a play? wow...

I know for Sweetwater that it has been a while since you have had anything to have a swelled head about... Trust me, if you ever get back to the point of having something to be proud of, you will talk about it...

been awhile since we had one this arrogant.

Adidas410s
02-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Oddly enough...the same thing could've been said about Brownwood a few years ago.

wildstangs
02-25-2008, 07:46 PM

You might want to check your facts. Sweetwater has a trip to the Semis this decade along with two other years that they went four rounds deep. Don't forget your 1-1 against Sweetwater the last two years. I know you guys won really big last year, but how did the rest of that season work out for you?

I have always enjoyed Brownwood and have a great deal of respect for their program, but what have they done lately? They have had some tremendous athletes over the last decade (Freemans - Deacon Burns) and still only have two deep runs into the playoffs.

slingshot
02-26-2008, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
...what have they done lately? They have had some tremendous athletes over the last decade and still only have two deep runs into the playoffs. ...and evidently some deep runs of the mouth :rolleyes: . Arrogant bunch aren't they?

Old Tiger
02-26-2008, 02:23 AM
Anyone else thinking about any Celina posters right now?:thinking: :devil: :D

Old Tiger
02-26-2008, 02:24 AM

I know for Sweetwater that it has been a while since you have had anything to have a swelled head about... Trust me, if you ever get back to the point of having something to be proud of, you will talk about it... You guys are about the same as WO-S coming down those years ago. You all have a lot of talent just as they did and had the same attitude. You are setting yourself up for ridicule but you'll make it deep considering that you are in a district who's surrounding districts are weak. Like I told the Snyder people you'll lose in the Quarter or semi. Perhaps even the state game if you can get past some of the teams in 3a.

grmfan93
02-26-2008, 08:30 AM
by the way Grahams stadium is alot bigger than brek...are facilities are decient...bathrooms are about to be made larger...they are taking the locker rooms on the end and knocking the wall between them and the bothrooms now will be joined with the old locker rooms

LH Panther Mom
02-26-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
I think the small visitor stadium at LH is used as some sort of psychological torture to the visiting team. The players look up in the stands and see their Mommies and Daddies suffering and it takes them back to their crib days when they were teething and suckling and while they are getting in touch with their inner selves, the LH kids are looking around and seeing a standing room only crowd and thinking "Man, this is big time football, I better get after it". Before the visitors can recover its 28-0 and LH is burning the clock with the dreaded Slot-T. Just my opinion!
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: Niiiiice! :D

Sweetwater Red
02-26-2008, 11:14 AM
If this playful little jab....

I'm trying to figure out why Brownwoodians have such big heads.
When's the last time they won anything?

...elicited this response...

You're gonna make it too easy for me.:devil:

By the way, we were 3 fumbles inside the twenty away from playing
for a state championship in 2005. How bout ya'll.:thinking:

Rocket
02-26-2008, 01:01 PM
2005 being 3A or 4A? Hmmm.. thought so.. We would be playing for #10 this season if we were in 3A as long as you have been. And yes, we have had the teams that could have got it done in 3A... no question.

Sweetwater Red
02-26-2008, 01:14 PM
2005 being 3A or 4A? Hmmm.. thought so.. We would be playing for #10 this season if we were in 3A as long as you have been. And yes, we have had the teams that could have got it done in 3A... no question.

If you were in 3A you would have lower enrollment numbers.
Who's to say that you still would've had the likes of a Jamaal
Organ?:thinking:

Rocket
02-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Nice theory... not quite accurate. If not for Katrina, we would be going on our third year in 3A. That is the truth. Organ was there before Katrina... really had nothing to do with losing talent or enrollment, we didn't gain enrollment that was long-lived or permanent, and the proof of that is how we were at 970ish after Katrina and then it dropped to 900 2 years later. Bad timing for enrollment numbers... which had nothing to do with who was playing or not playing... or talent that was here 1 year and gone the next... Organ didn't fall into that category... nice try though. Katrina effected us just enough to secure another 2 years in 4A (by 25 kids). I am not saying football is more important than families and the devastation of Katrina, I am saying that Katrina caused enough move-ins to affect our enrollment just enough to make us be 4A for another 2 years...

Sweetwater Red
02-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Nice theory... not quite accurate. If not for Katrina, we would be going on our third year in 3A. That is the truth. Organ was there before Katrina... really had nothing to do with losing talent or enrollment, we didn't gain enrollment that was long-lived or permanent, and the proof of that is how we were at 970ish after Katrina and then it dropped to 900 2 years later. Bad timing for enrollment numbers... which had nothing to do with who was playing or not playing... or talent that was here 1 year and gone the next... Organ didn't fall into that category... nice try though. Katrina effected us just enough to secure another 2 years in 4A (by 25 kids). I am not saying football is more important than families and the devastation of Katrina, I am saying that Katrina caused enough move-ins to affect our enrollment just enough to make us be 4A for another 2 years...

I said the likes of a Jamaal Organ.:thinking:

So you're saying the reason Brownwood wasn't 3A earlier was
because of Katrina and not Early dropping to 2A and that possibly
being because those families moved over to Brownwood?:confused:

nobogey72
02-26-2008, 02:32 PM

Well I know one thing for a fact. If all of the slow, uncoordinated, small, passive boys..... and all of the girs would move out of Wylie ISD and into Cooper's district, Then, Wylie would be 2A and we would be awesome. This wouldn't help our problem in girl's golf however. This move would add enough to Cooper's enrollment to move them back to 5A. Sounds like a win-win to me. :D :D

SNYDER325TIGERS
02-26-2008, 03:43 PM

Graham's field is nice, but as far as seating, it's not all that great...they need to invest in a new scorebord for sure!

SNYDER325TIGERS
02-26-2008, 03:45 PM
Andrews?:confused:

They say bowl...I say taco shell....:thinking: :D

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=992

I give it to Andrews also, the parking is way better than the stang bowls parking.

Rocket
02-27-2008, 08:26 AM

Early has nothing to do with it. We were steadily declining enough in 2005 to go 3A in 2006. Katrina happened and alot of families from LA moved into Texas... enough to affect our total to put us over the 3A cutoff by 26 students. Early was riding the fence when they went 3A the first time. Early also rejects certain move-ins and foster students. Brownwood, however, welcomes all of them with open arms for money reasons... Brownwood is a poor school district, so they take on all students, no matter what. Early, not so much. Most parents would rather keep their kids at Early. We do, every once in a while, get a better athlete from Early that would like to play on a bigger stage. But now that Early is successful in football, we see less of that. That is simply not true that Early students move over to Brownwood. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen some. Not enough to affect the enrollment and classification. We had shown a decline starting back in 2005 and Katrina delayed the classification change, end of story.

grmfan93
02-27-2008, 08:30 AM
I agree with the scoreboard...that was pretty bad during the Snyder-Argyle game

wildstangs
02-27-2008, 08:45 AM
[i] We had shown a decline starting back in 2005 and Katrina delayed the classification change, end of story. [/B]

Good to know you are calling the shots around here. Any other time you want us to quit challenging you on an issue feel free to tell all of us lowly 3A people to shut up.

Lion_Addict
02-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Good to know you are calling the shots around here. Any other time you want us to quit challenging you on an issue feel free to tell all of us lowly 3A people to shut up.

SHUT UP! HA HA......just kidding. Just trying to lighten it up a little. Smile, we as fans get to voice our opinions and not be shot or decapitated for doing so. Take a deep breath and let it out. It's all good :D

Sweetwater Red
02-27-2008, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
SHUT UP! HA HA......just kidding. Just trying to lighten it up a little. Smile, we as fans get to voice our opinions and not be shot or decapitated for doing so. Take a deep breath and let it out. It's all good :D

Speak for yourself...soon to be 2-3A doormats...minus all your
Katrina evacuees.:thinking: :D :devil:

Lion_Addict
02-27-2008, 11:15 AM

HA HA! How bad is it bothering you "Big" Red that you keep trying to push those buttons with me and nothing happens? HA HA HA! It's just not gonna work my lil red friend. I'm telling ya, I'm the nice one.... ;). We'll get to the fun stuff when the time's right, don't you worry. Ya'll come back now ya hear.....:D

Texasfootball2
02-27-2008, 12:28 PM
WELL I WOULD SAY THIS IS GOING TO BE AN INTERESTING YEAR!:thumbsup: IT'S ONLY FEB. AN THE WAR OF WORDS HAS ALREADY BEGUN. CAN'T WAIT TILL AUG. OR SEPT., I'M SURE THE PACE WILL PICK UP.:D

RedWhiteBlue
02-27-2008, 12:32 PM
KEEP YELLING TEXAS2- I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!

LH Panther Mom
02-27-2008, 12:34 PM
CAN'T WAIT TILL AUG. OR SEPT., I'M SURE THE PACE WILL PICK UP.:D
For real! I'm going to need to get a file to sharpen my wits between now and then. :D

Texasfootball2
02-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
KEEP YELLING TEXAS2- I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!
HELLO:foul: RedWhiteBlue, Good to hear from you. :thumbsup: :D :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

nobogey72
02-27-2008, 12:48 PM
WELL I WOULD SAY THIS IS GOING TO BE AN INTERESTING YEAR!:thumbsup: IT'S ONLY FEB. AN THE WAR OF WORDS HAS ALREADY BEGUN. CAN'T WAIT TILL AUG. OR SEPT., I'M SURE THE PACE WILL PICK UP.:D

Yeah, this is nothing. This is what I like to call "PREMATURE IJACKWITHYOU LATION." However, I don't think that Rocket down there in Brownwood is going to be able to HOLD IT till August. (if you know what I mean) He strikes me as an early peaker.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

Ranger Mom
02-27-2008, 12:52 PM

Poor Red....he just wants someone..ANYONE..to come out and play!!:p

Texasfootball2
02-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Yeah, this is nothing. This is what I like to call "PREMATURE IJACKWITHYOU LATION." However, I don't think that Rocket down there in Brownwood is going to be able to HOLD IT till August. (if you know what I mean) He strikes me as an early peaker.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I don't know if that was a tougue twister or a hand full:D but I have a good idea:D

RMAC
02-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Yeah, this is definetly reminiscent of WOS, but that's neither here nor there. But back to Wylie's turf, will it be the same stuff that was installed in Graham?

Texasfootball2
02-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
Yeah, this is definetly reminiscent of WOS, but that's neither here nor there. But back to Wylie's turf, will it be the same stuff that was installed in Graham?

Not sure excatley what kind, but a school board member told me last night that it would be "supposibly" the best turf available right now.:thinking: He also told me that the other stadium renovations on the table to be done would make Bulldog stadium one of the nicest stadiums around. There has been some $$ that was suppose to be donated that hasn't come through yet. Without it they will have to do it in two phases over two years. With it they might be able to do most of it right away, but the turf, visiting stands, and parking lot improvements are for sure happening in a couple of weeks. Maybe even more restrooms and concession stands.

DaHop72
02-27-2008, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Poor Red....he just wants someone..ANYONE..to come out and play!!:p Okay, 2007 review for Sweetwater Red:

Hockey: Anaheim 4 Detriot 2
Basketball Cleveland 4 Detriot 2
Baseball Cleveland 96-66 Detroit 88-74
High School Football Vernon 25 Sweetwater 7
College Football Ohio State 14 Michigan 3

Did I miss anything??:devil: :devil:

Here's to a better 2008.:D

Sweetwater Red
02-27-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Okay, 2007 review for Sweetwater Red:

Hockey: Anaheim 4 Detriot 2
Basketball Cleveland 4 Detriot 2
Baseball Cleveland 96-66 Detroit 88-74
High School Football Vernon 25 Sweetwater 7
College Football Ohio State 14 Michigan 3

Did I miss anything??:devil: :devil:

Here's to a better 2008.:D

Definitely looking for better things in 2008.

Hockey: No more Scotty Bowman, no more Stanley Cups.:(

Basketball: Much better bench this year. San Antonio is still
breathing a sigh of relief it was the Cavs and not the Pistons.:devil:

Baseball: I'm really going to enjoy watching the best line-up in
the majors hold batting practice on a daily basis.:thinking:

HS football: I don't care if we go 2-8 as long as those two wins are against
Snyder and now apparently Brownwood.:D

College football: Lloyd Carr was Jim Tressel's whipping boy. Rich
Rodriguez won't be.:thinking:

Lion_Addict
02-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Definitely looking for better things in 2008.

HS football: I don't care if we go 2-8 as long as those two wins are against
Snyder and now apparently Brownwood.:D

HEH HEH :thinking: :D

Black_Magic
02-27-2008, 02:14 PM
A Building commitee of about 20 people Looked at Snyders Stadium and Other Facilities( Auditorium, and Band Hall) tuesday to look at Substantialy changing all three in the future. Everything Is apparently being discussed like New Stadium, Locker facilities, ect.. wonder how that will turn out. :thinking:

Adidas410s
02-27-2008, 02:39 PM
Not sure excatley what kind, but a school board member told me last night that it would be "supposibly" the best turf available right now.:thinking: He also told me that the other stadium renovations on the table to be done would make Bulldog stadium one of the nicest stadiums around. There has been some $$ that was suppose to be donated that hasn't come through yet. Without it they will have to do it in two phases over two years. With it they might be able to do most of it right away, but the turf, visiting stands, and parking lot improvements are for sure happening in a couple of weeks. Maybe even more restrooms and concession stands.
What other renovations are they considering? Concrete home stands w/ chairs??? Maybe an HD video replay board???

Oh wait...I know what would be great...the team rises up from under the field surrounding the Bulldog logo ala Garth Brooks' concert entrance! :)