PDA

View Full Version : Sony Handycam

Emerson1
02-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Is there anyway to get the video onto the PC as a .WMV or other kind of movie file? Right now I am having to convert a dvd file into a .WMV. It's been almost an hour for it to go through 60% of a 12 minute video.

I filmed it in 16:9, and it seems like it is scrunching back into 4:3 even if I watch it before converting straight from the DVD

Cats Fan
02-21-2008, 05:21 PM
I cant even get it to play on a regular dvd

Emerson1
02-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I know there has to be an easier way to get the video from the cam, edited and to a DVD. I don't have any software that came with it, so maybe there was something on there.

I don't think the average person could do it the way I am having to do it.

Ranger Mom
02-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I know there has to be an easier way to get the video from the cam, edited and to a DVD. I don't have any software that came with it, so maybe there was something on there.

I don't think the average person could do it the way I am having to do it.

I can't help you...sorry!

I am trying to figure out how to get my dad's cassette tapes on my computer and burned to a CD.

Emerson1
02-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I can't help you...sorry!

I am trying to figure out how to get my dad's cassette tapes on my computer and burned to a CD.
Uhm, I wouldn't expect YOU to be able to :D

Buy a VHS/DVD Burner Combo. You pop in the DVD and VHS and it should do all the work for you. If you put it on a CD you will only be able to view it on your computer.

LH Panther Mom
02-21-2008, 05:40 PM

Buy a VHS/DVD Burner Combo. You pop in the DVD and VHS and it should do all the work for you. If you put it on a CD you will only be able to view it on your computer.
Cassette tapes = music :p

Ranger Mom
02-21-2008, 05:41 PM

DUH!!!! I have one of those.

I said a cassette, not a VHS.

I mean a cassette tape like we played music on back in the old days!!

I wouldn't expect YOU to know!!:tongue: :tongue:

LH Panther Mom
02-21-2008, 05:44 PM

Haha! :D

crzyjournalist03
02-21-2008, 05:46 PM
DUH!!!! I have one of those.

I said a cassette, not a VHS.

I mean a cassette tape like we played music on back in the old days!!

at UNT, the media departments have a cassette recorder hookup for the computers where you can grab stuff off of them if you have a media recorder...that's the only time I've been around something like that thogh

Ranger Mom
02-21-2008, 05:48 PM
I was reading something about "Audacity sound editor"...I may play with that and see what happens!

crzyjournalist03
02-21-2008, 05:49 PM
I was reading something about "Audacity sound editor"...I may play with that and see what happens!

that's all fine and dandy, but you're still needing a cassette player with computer hookups aren't you?

Ranger Mom
02-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
that's all fine and dandy, but you're still needing a cassette player with computer hookups aren't you?

From what I am reading, I just hook the cassette tape player up to the computer using the line out jack and plugging it into the line in plug on the sound card.

crzyjournalist03
02-21-2008, 06:09 PM
oh wow...that would be cool then.

SWMustang
02-21-2008, 06:35 PM
I have one of these things.

dazzler (http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/us/Products/Consumer+Products/Dazzle/Dazzle+Video+Archiving/Dazzle+Video+Creator+Platinum.htm)