PDA

View Full Version : NBA trades

Necks_Fan
02-21-2008, 04:54 PM
Cle, Chi, Sea involved in a huge trade.

At first glance I think Chi got the best out of this but Cle did well and Sea got snubbed imo.

Txbroadcaster
02-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Necks_Fan
Cle, Chi, Sea involved in a huge trade.

At first glance I think Chi got the best out of this but Cle did well and Sea got snubbed imo.

Seattle got what it wanted, expiring contracts which means ALOT of freed up money next year

crzyjournalist03
02-21-2008, 05:03 PM
geez...can we just move Seattle to OKC already so they'll become a legitimate franchise again?

Ben Wallace to Cleveland...that kind of surprised me.

eagles_victory
02-21-2008, 05:04 PM
As a Cleveland fan I like this trade. Larry Hughes and Drew Gooden have been very inconsistent for much of their tenure with the Cavs.I love Ira Newble but getting rid of Ira and Cedric Simmons and Shannon Brown doesnt hurt too badly.

Delonte West can bring in help at the point guard position not a great answer but hes solid. Wally gives them another shooter for Lebron to kick too when he drives. Ben Wallace sures up the defense and is a solid rebounder. Joe Smith has been playing decent for the Bulls this year when I have seen him play.

Old Tiger
02-21-2008, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
geez...can we just move Seattle to OKC already so they'll become a legitimate franchise again?

Ben Wallace to Cleveland...that kind of surprised me. Finally Cleveland gets someone to take some pressure off of LeBron. What did they give up?

kepdawg
02-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Cleveland Gets:

Ben Wallace
Wally Szczerbiak
Joe Smith
Delonte West
2nd round pick from Bulls

Chicage Gets:

Larry Hughes
Drew Gooden
Cedric Simmons
Shannon Brown

Seattle Gets:

Ira Newble
Adrian Griffin
Donyell Marshall

Sources: Cavs get Wallace from Bulls, Szczerbiak from Sonics

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: February 21, 2008, 4:22 PM ET

The Cleveland Cavaliers appear to have beaten the NBA's annual trade buzzer to get LeBron James some of the fresh help he's been openly craving.

In a three-way, 11-player trade with Chicago and Seattle that has been submitted for league approval, NBA front-office sources say that Cleveland will come away with four new teammates for James, headlined by Ben Wallace from the Bulls and sharpshooter Wally Szczerbiak from the Sonics.

The league office was notified of the deal before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trading deadline, sources said, and is currently reviewing the trade details as required for formal approval.

After Cleveland watched two longstanding trade targets land elsewhere -- Mike Bibby in Atlanta and Jason Kidd in Dallas -- sources say that the deal calls for the Cavaliers to receive Wallace, Szczerbiak, Seattle point guard Delonte West, Chicago's Joe Smith and a future second-round pick from the Bulls.

The Bulls, apparently abandoning their gamble on Wallace less than two seasons into the lucrative four-year deal they used to sign him away from Detroit, would get Cavaliers forward Drew Gooden and swingman Larry Hughes along with Cavs reserves Cedric Simmons and Shannon Brown.

The Sonics, shedding Szczerbiak in the name of additional payroll flexibility, come away with the expiring contracts of Cleveland's Ira Newble and Chicago's Adrian Griffin as well as Cavs veteran Donyell Marshall.

Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3257159)

JR2004
02-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Just three teams going nowhere doing nothing of significance.