On Ken Hamlin

Per DMN

Good move there!

Old Tiger
02-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Now all we can hope for is a Roy Williams trade

Adidas410s
02-21-2008, 03:58 PM
good choice. Was reading today that they could use it on Flozell for $9 mil + or Hamlin $4 mil +. Hamlin was a good move until they get a long term deal worked out for him.

Old Tiger
02-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
good choice. Was reading today that they could use it on Flozell for $9 mil + or Hamlin $4 mil +. Hamlin was a good move until they get a long term deal worked out for him. Do you think Flozell would have agreed to the tag knowing how much money he could make being a pro bowl LT?

Astrosdawg07
02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Now all we can hope for is a Roy Williams trade

Don't hold your breath.

Txbroadcaster
02-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Do you think Flozell would have agreed to the tag knowing how much money he could make being a pro bowl LT?

he does not have a choice except holding out

Adidas410s
02-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Do you think Flozell would have agreed to the tag knowing how much money he could make being a pro bowl LT?
He's an over the hill Pro Bowl LT. He probably would've made more money through the tag than he would on the open market. That's why the Cows are going to chance re-signing him for less than the $9 mil they would've paid to franchise him.

Old Tiger
02-21-2008, 04:43 PM
He's an over the hill Pro Bowl LT. He probably would've made more money through the tag than he would on the open market. That's why the Cows are going to chance re-signing him for less than the $9 mil they would've paid to franchise him. Good points.

Any expectations on the draft for the Boys? What do you see them getting in the first round? I hope they don't do that rumor about McFadden. They could release Jones and get Michael Turner from San Diego and he'd be a great compliment to MB3 IMO.

Adidas410s
02-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Good points.

Any expectations on the draft for the Boys? What do you see them getting in the first round? I hope they don't do that rumor about McFadden. They could release Jones and get Michael Turner from San Diego and he'd be a great compliment to MB3 IMO.
Jones is gone. Top priorities are:
1. CB/WR
2. WR/CB
3. SS
4. RB
5. OT

The consensus is they'll go after a RB (hoping for Felix Jones cuz he's Arkie and JJ likes Arkie) and WR (Early Doucet is a safe name, Kelly (if available), Manningham, Sweed, Jackson and Avery are other options). However, there are a few scenarios where they go after a CB instead (maybe Talib or Rogers-Cromartie). There's even a recent scenario where the Cows go after an OT...but that's not a common thought at this point.

DU_stud04
02-21-2008, 04:55 PM
id like to see a pick up of Asante Samuel, moving one of the other cb's to saftey where roy willaims is and either trade him for what you can get or keep him around as a nickel back, im sure he wouldnt mind lighting some people up on the insdie without having to go the deep route.

crzyjournalist03
02-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
id like to see a pick up of Asante Samuel, moving one of the other cb's to saftey where roy willaims is and either trade him for what you can get or keep him around as a nickel back, im sure he wouldnt mind lighting some people up on the insdie without having to go the deep route.

not enough room in the salary cap for that...$13 million right now, just spent $4 on Hamlin, so you now have $9 million for your draft prospects, an offensive tackle, and whatever else you might need/want.

Txbroadcaster
02-21-2008, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04

If u sign Samuel your basically letting Terrence walk when he is a FA because your not going to be able to tie up that much money into 2 CBs, then count Hamlin's long term when it gets done

Old Tiger
02-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Jones is gone. Top priorities are:
1. CB/WR
2. WR/CB
3. SS
4. RB
5. OT

The consensus is they'll go after a RB (hoping for Felix Jones cuz he's Arkie and JJ likes Arkie) and WR (Early Doucet is a safe name, Kelly (if available), Manningham, Sweed, Jackson and Avery are other options). However, there are a few scenarios where they go after a CB instead (maybe Talib or Rogers-Cromartie). There's even a recent scenario where the Cows go after an OT...but that's not a common thought at this point. I would love to see Talib in a Cowboys uniform. He is a threat in the return game and at the CB position. Reminds me of Cromartie(San Diego)

Adidas410s
02-21-2008, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
not enough room in the salary cap for that...$13 million right now, just spent $4 on Hamlin, so you now have $9 million for your draft prospects, an offensive tackle, and whatever else you might need/want.
Exactly. Samuel will pull in well north of $10 mil.

Txbroadcaster
02-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Exactly. Samuel will pull in well north of $10 mil.

It is not about the yearly amount..it could be worked out with a big bonus, long back ended deal

The problem is, if your going to resign Terrence your looking at a HUGE % of your payroll being taken up by your secondary

football4life
02-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I would love to see Talib in a Cowboys uniform. He is a threat in the return game and at the CB position. Reminds me of Cromartie(San Diego)

i think talib might be gone by our turn, he's been getting some good reviews

Emerson1
02-21-2008, 07:27 PM
When is the combine?

kepdawg
02-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
When is the combine?

right now

piratebg
02-22-2008, 08:27 AM
And if I were off today, I'd be home watching it on NFL Network. I saw it last year and it was very interesting.

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
And if I were off today, I'd be home watching it on NFL Network. I saw it last year and it was very interesting. Dish Network took the NFL network off the basic package! :mad:

I guess you get what you pay for!

piratebg
02-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Well, I'm glad I don't have the basic package. :D

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Well, I'm glad I don't have the basic package. :D Hell up until a couple of days ago it was though. That is what angers me :(

piratebg
02-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Well, that's bad news for my old man. I finally got him to switch to Dish but he ordered their smallest package. I guess he'll be upgrading soon.