PDA

View Full Version : Pleasanton vs. LH on youtube

navscanmaster
02-21-2008, 04:19 AM
Somebody really succeeded in getting in just the right plays in this one to make Pleasanton look like the better team in this one. Don't seem to recall seeing a scoreboard at any point in this one though.:devil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkWzRslhcuo

LH Panther Mom
02-21-2008, 07:27 AM
Nice tribute! :) They should be proud of their season. :clap:

Lots of footage of our 2nd and 3rd teams, and freshman QB. Interesting that the one TD is in there twice. ;)

K-MAC Chuck
02-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Pretty good, considering the actual outcome of the game...

Excellent production work on it, btw...

Congrats to Pleasanton for an outstanding season!

navscanmaster
02-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by K-MAC Chuck
Pretty good, considering the actual outcome of the game...

Excellent production work on it, btw...

Congrats to Pleasanton for an outstanding season!

Agreed. Just think that they could have had included some of the finer :p points of their season, such as the previous game's OT battle. It looks like a private studio did the piece somewhere, hope that isn't the only game tape they have to work with.

Sorry if it seemed like I was picking on Pleasanton, lord knows I sure don't have any place to talk when it comes to my team playing LH.:(

Aesculus gilmus
02-21-2008, 10:45 AM
OMG!!!!!

Looks like Gilmer really dodged a bullet. We would have lost to this team by triple digits. :eek:

NastySlot
02-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
OMG!!!!!

Looks like Gilmer really dodged a bullet. We would have lost to this team by triple digits. :eek:

it was that same cocky attitude that got the 84 Daingerfield team beat in the state title game to a "lesser" Medina Valley.

Txbroadcaster
02-21-2008, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by NastySlot
it was that same cocky attitude that got the 84 Daingerfield team beat in the state title game to a "lesser" Medina Valley.

huh?

pirate4state
02-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
huh?

:D

Aesculus gilmus
02-21-2008, 11:35 AM

Glad to hear that. I don't recall the game, but we in Gilmer always get a kick out of Daingerfield's losses.

I don't think anyone in Gilmer is cocky these days. I was just marveling at the editing which could make Pleasanton look like it belonged on the same field with Liberty Hill.

No one did during last season's playoffs, including the Buckeyes.

Txbroadcaster
02-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state

:D

ahhh thanks for clearing up

BTW Where is the Dennys?

pirate4state
02-21-2008, 11:47 AM
ahhh thanks for clearing up

BTW Where is the Dennys?

turn left, right? :p

footballgal
02-21-2008, 11:55 AM
Team highlights are just that and in this case Pleasanton's TEAM HIGHLIGHTS.

NastySlot
02-21-2008, 11:58 AM
huh?

i was assuming that the post about getting beat by triple digits was a knock on pleasanton.....this was the same type of attitude that daingerfield had going into the 84 state title game with medina valley....one in which many still consider the greatest upset in state championship history.

Aesculus gilmus
02-21-2008, 12:07 PM
I wasn't there, but I watched a replay of it, and I can honestly say that a highlight vid of the Gilmer-LH game, seen from the Buckeyes' perspective, would have consisted of only two plays--the opening kickoff and a TD pass early in the third quarter.

Silverback 04
02-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Pleasanton should be very proud of their season. LH was a much better team and beat 'em. Besides I wouldn't expect them to make a video of LH layin' the wood to 'em. Who would pay for that. Maybe that video will ease their pain.

Old Tiger
02-21-2008, 03:39 PM
alamo dome sucks!

Panther One
02-21-2008, 05:55 PM
i was assuming that the post about getting beat by triple digits was a knock on pleasanton.....this was the same type of attitude that daingerfield had going into the 84 state title game with medina valley....one in which many still consider the greatest upset in state championship history.
A lot of Pleasanton fans kept bringing up this game prior to playing us. It doesn't really work, though, because Daingerfield was not that dominant. They advanced past Gladewater in the quarterfinals that year on penetrations, as they had tied 27-27, and then edged Vernon in the semis 14-7. Medina Valley kind of cruised through the playoffs, never really being challenged. Maybe this was an upset because most people thought DF would win, but if you look at what the two teams had done during the season up to that point, it wasn't a huge upset.

Regarding the video, it's very well done, but there weren't many true highlights in it. Half or more of those clips are against our backups. In the 4th quarter, Niko actually asked some of our guys if we could just go ahead and let them score. The good run he had and the td pass were on that last drive with under minute. He gave our guys the thumbs up when they scored. The shutout would have been nice, but I'm okay with Niko ending his career on a somewhat positive note. That guy was all class.

NastySlot
02-21-2008, 07:26 PM
those two teams gladewater and vernon were both good...I saw both games...that gladewater game....people were still in line to get in at halftime...........if I remember correctly (couldn't make the title game).......daingerfield didn't attempt a punt, went for each time on fourth....big mo....turner was the kickoff return by Kempf of MV.