PDA

View Full Version : long overdue question about DI title game

lostaussie
02-20-2008, 08:45 PM
When i went to the championship game @ Floyd Casey to see LH/Celina I know they had the jumbotron on. I was curious as to why when LH/Gilmer played this year that it was not on. I was wondering if the teams have to pay extra for this to use the stadium? Maybe it was broke? Maybe Waco knew the outcome and didn't want Gilmerites to have to see it twice:D? I guess its really no big deal. just curios:thinking:

eagles_victory
02-20-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
When i went to the championship game @ Floyd Casey to see LH/Celina I know they had the jumbotron on. I was curious as to why when LH/Gilmer played this year that it was not on. I was wondering if the teams have to pay extra for this to use the stadium? Maybe it was broke? Maybe Waco knew the outcome and didn't want Gilmerites to have to see it twice:D? I guess its really no big deal. just curios:thinking: It wasnt broke I went to China Spring and Lavega the week before at Floyd Casey and it was on that day.

c-town_balla
02-20-2008, 08:56 PM
the schools have to pay....unless you play in killeen then they have students run it for free

lostaussie
02-20-2008, 09:00 PM
I just wondered. our 3 games before the title game in Nacogdoches, Mesquite Hanby and Birdville all had jumbotrons. I was suprised to not see it on in the championship game.

pirate4state
02-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Me too and it sucked not having replay! :mad:

LH Panther Mom
02-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Baylor had a basketball tournament going on the same weekend and didn't have anyone available to run it.

Dang it. :p ;)

lostaussie
02-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Baylor had a basketball tournament going on the same weekend and didn't have anyone available to run it.

Dang it. :p ;) Don't they know the difference between football season and basketball season in Waco:doh: No wonder they suck at everything:D

PHS Wildcats
02-20-2008, 09:13 PM
When i went to the Kilgore/Dallas Lincoln satate title game in '04 it was on. Heck they had it on during the Palestine/Waco Connally game in '04. It would've been nice for it to be on during that state title game.

Centextrash
02-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Baylor had Fall Graduation going on, a Basketball game, and the FB game...not enough bodies to run the jumbo tron.
Besides you would have just seen a bunch of Purple guys chopping guys in white on the Big screen...

LH Panther Mom
02-20-2008, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Centextrash

Besides you would have just seen a bunch of Purple guys chopping guys in white on the Big screen...
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol: I was watching that the other day.

sahen
02-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Don't they know the difference between football season and basketball season in Waco:doh: No wonder they suck at everything:D

at Baylor we tried to forget about football season ASAP, esp. this year w/ the way the men's basketball team started...thank god baseball season starts friday!

NastySlot
02-20-2008, 11:28 PM
Don't they know the difference between football season and basketball season in Waco:doh: No wonder they suck at everything:D

not true baylor baseball is very good.