5. Oklahoma State 46
6. Nebraska 36
T7. Kansas State 30
T7. Oklahoma 30
9. Kansas 17
10. Texas Tech 15

crzyjournalist03
02-20-2008, 04:38 PM
There's a top ten poll for the Big XII??? Seriously...how much harder would it be to add the other two teams on that poll?

LH Panther Mom
02-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
There's a top ten poll for the Big XII??? Seriously...how much harder would it be to add the other two teams on that poll?
My question is just how bad are they? :eek: :eek:

TMer25
02-20-2008, 04:43 PM
not all 12 field baseball teams

crzyjournalist03
02-20-2008, 04:43 PM
wow...I didn't realize that Colorado and Iowa State didn't have teams...that's crazy for a school of their caliburs.

LH Panther Mom
02-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by TMer25
not all 12 field baseball teams
Well, that explains it then. :doh:

Adidas410s
02-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
wow...I didn't realize that Colorado and Iowa State didn't have teams...that's crazy for a school of their caliburs.
Weather keeps Colorado from playing. Not sure what Iowa State's excuse is...

sahen
02-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

its not weather that keeps CU from playing baseball, if Michigan can have a college baseball team then so could Colorado...both Colorado and Iowa State do not have college baseball teams because of Title IX....

gtownpoke
02-21-2008, 12:30 PM
I wonder how much the homerun stats would improve if Colorado fielded a team. Could you imagine some of these teams with good sticks heading up to a stadium in the mountains with aluminum bats?
We start the season this weekend with a 4 game series against Gonzaga. I got out of my truck yesterday by the stadium and heard that DING.. I got goosebumps.

NastySlot
02-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

ISU played until a few years ago....I think it had to do with finances.....not sure it might have been related to title ix.

eagles_victory
02-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
ISU played until a few years ago....I think it had to do with finances.....not sure it might have been related to title ix. One of the pitchers off of the last ISU team left and went to Texas when ISU's program folded and he was big in one of Texas's CWS runs cant remember his name though.

Reds fan
02-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by sahen
its not weather that keeps CU from playing baseball, if Michigan can have a college baseball team then so could Colorado...both Colorado and Iowa State do not have college baseball teams because of Title IX....

I can see where Title IX would come in for Colorado, no softball team either, but Iowa Sate does have softball the baseball equivalent per Title IX or am I missing some other sport?

NastySlot
02-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
I can see where Title IX would come in for Colorado, no softball team either, but Iowa Sate does have softball the baseball equivalent per Title IX or am I missing some other sport?

I don't think it has to do with equivalent sports more on the lines of money spent and scholarships............what would the equivalent of football be? remember wrestling is big at ISU

Reds fan
02-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
I don't think it has to do with equivalent sports more on the lines of money spent and scholarships............what would the equivalent of football be? remember wrestling is big at ISU

Thanks.. I've never been really clear on how Title IX works

sahen
02-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Reds fan
Thanks.. I've never been really clear on how Title IX works

its something like the number of women on scholarship for athletics has to be equal to the number of men or the % of women in the college from the way i understand it...it is supposed to equal the shot to get an athletic scholarship for women but since there is no football equivalent in women's sports then basically all it does is kill smaller men's sports and make it about impossible to add another one....