PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M fined $1 million

kepdawg
02-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Texas A&M fined $1 million for bio-defense security breaches 12:27 PM CT

12:28 PM CST on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

From Staff Reports

Texas A&M University must pay the federal government a $1 million fine as a result of bio-defense security breaches reported on campus last year.

University officials had scheduled a news conference at 3 p.m. to discuss the fine.

LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/022108dntextexasam.fbd1c51.html)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Well, there goes their revenue in parking tickets that they receive every year from their students. I hate the parking up here. :mad:

DDBooger
02-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Texas A&M fined $1 million for bio-defense security breaches 12:27 PM CT

12:28 PM CST on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

From Staff Reports

Texas A&M University must pay the federal government a $1 million fine as a result of bio-defense security breaches reported on campus last year.

University officials had scheduled a news conference at 3 p.m. to discuss the fine.

LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/022108dntextexasam.fbd1c51.html)
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f133/chino333/haha_simpsons.jpg

sahen
02-20-2008, 02:32 PM
bio defense security breaches??? wth? are yall trying to get rid of UT by biological warfare now?

jason
02-20-2008, 02:32 PM
looks like a tuition & fee increase is headed towards a&m....

Blitzkrieg
02-20-2008, 03:02 PM
Bio-defense security breach? what the hell does that mean? lol

Old Tiger
02-20-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Well, there goes their revenue in parking tickets that they receive every year from their students. I hate the parking up here. :mad: Yes it sucks very bad.

Emerson1
02-20-2008, 04:16 PM
I remember hearing something about this last song.

crzyjournalist03
02-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Blitzkrieg

sounds to me like they let a spaceship out that was discovered over Stephenville...

BMOC
02-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Well, there goes their revenue in parking tickets that they receive every year from their students. I hate the parking up here. :mad:

I went to a basketball game there a few years ago, and got a parking ticket from A&M Security. I still haven't paid it.:p :D

AP Panther Fan
02-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Blitzkrieg

I am wondering the same thing...:thinking:

I know a few years ago, a college in Iowa didn't secure/protect some anthrax strains I believe. I think they were traced back to the school with all of the post 911 anthrax scares.

Old Tiger
02-20-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by BMOC
I went to a basketball game there a few years ago, and got a parking ticket from A&M Security. I still haven't paid it.:p :D Just be lucky you didn't get towed. Geez they tow more vehicles in CS than anywhere else.

Sweetwater Red
02-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I am wondering the same thing...:thinking:

I know a few years ago, a college in Iowa didn't secure/protect some anthrax strains I believe. I think they were traced back to the school with all of the post 911 anthrax scares.

I remember all those people getting in trouble for sending
envelopes full of flour to people they disliked. Post offices and
government buildings being closed down and haz-mat teams
being brought in because someone discovered "An unidentified
powdery substance"....what a mess.

Phil C
02-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Man a Million Dollars! :eek:

That ain't hay!

Get it - that ain't hay!

:D

AP Panther Fan
02-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I remember all those people getting in trouble for sending
envelopes full of flour to people they disliked. Post offices and
government buildings being closed down and haz-mat teams
being brought in because someone discovered "An unidentified
powdery substance"....what a mess.

It was a mess. Some were hoaxes, others were not. To me biological warfare is more terrifying than just about any other threat out there.:(

GoStafford
02-21-2008, 02:19 AM
can't say they didn't deserve it

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by BMOC
I went to a basketball game there a few years ago, and got a parking ticket from A&M Security. I still haven't paid it.:p :D

They charge your student account if you don't pay it. That goes for any vehicle that is registered to you or someone in your family if you are a student. :mad: