PDA

View Full Version : anybody have access to astros tickets?

Bull19
02-20-2008, 11:56 AM
if anybody has season tickets or knows anybody with season tickets will you pm me.

JasperDog94
02-20-2008, 12:45 PM
So you didn't win the ticket lottery?;)

Bull19
02-20-2008, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

no, and im super pissed. im willing to pay top dollar for tickets to the sox/yank games.

JasperDog94
02-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
no, and im super pissed. im willing to pay top dollar for tickets to the sox/yank games. stubhub.com

crzyjournalist03
02-20-2008, 01:52 PM
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=astros+yankees+tickets&category0=

plenty available!

Bull19
02-20-2008, 02:21 PM
stubhub.com

i looked at that site and that have a good number of them. do you know if this is a reliable ticket source? you have any opinions on it?

Txbroadcaster
02-20-2008, 03:06 PM
i looked at that site and that have a good number of them. do you know if this is a reliable ticket source? you have any opinions on it?

Used stubhub a bunch and it is very reliable

BreckTxLonghorn
02-20-2008, 03:07 PM
I have never used stubhub personally, but I know multiple people who have. Never heard a negative comment re: them.

Adidas410s
02-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Stubhub is reliable...but you pay WAAAAAY more than you should on eBay. I haven't looked a calendar but I'm guessing the game is June or July. I would tell you to wait until about a month out to start looking for tickets. Don't find what you want...look again a week out and then go from there. No need to buy from Stubhub and get stuck paying a 10% service charge and $20-25 to overnight the tickets.`

Bull's-eye
02-20-2008, 03:20 PM

I did!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

sahen
02-20-2008, 03:23 PM
the fact taht Stubhub has all these tickets to the game that they can jack up the prices and make 300% profit or so while a bunch of astros fans (including me) lost the lottery and have no tickets should tell the astros taht something is wrong w/ their ticketing system and they should drop ticketmaster and use someone else...but they dont care cause they got the sale....

to answer the question Stubhub works fine, however you will pay about 10 times too much...

JasperDog94
02-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
I did!! :clap: :clap: :clap: So did a buddy of mine. Unfortunately he's a native New Yorker and will be rooting for the Yankees.:(

Bull's-eye
02-20-2008, 04:27 PM
So did a buddy of mine. Unfortunately he's a native New Yorker and will be rooting for the Yankees.:(

I got 4 tickets (upperdeck) for the saturday NYY game and 2 tickets (bullpen first & third rows) for the saturday Boston game.

Adidas410s
02-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by sahen
the fact taht Stubhub has all these tickets to the game that they can jack up the prices and make 300% profit or so while a bunch of astros fans (including me) lost the lottery and have no tickets should tell the astros taht something is wrong w/ their ticketing system and they should drop ticketmaster and use someone else...but they dont care cause they got the sale....

to answer the question Stubhub works fine, however you will pay about 10 times too much...
Stubhub doesn't own the tickets...the tickets are for sale by individuals. Stubhub is the equivelant of eBay. It's just a marketplace for buyers and sellers to meet.

SWMustang
02-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
It's just a marketplace for buyers and sellers to meet.

In theory - sure. the problem is when people have no intention of going to the game yet they buy the tickets anyway to sell. These are the same opportunist that buy up all the Wii's before Christmas to Ebay 'em. pure scoundrels if ya ask me.

JasperDog94
02-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
In theory - sure. the problem is when people have no intention of going to the game yet they buy the tickets anyway to sell. These are the same opportunist that buy up all the Wii's before Christmas to Ebay 'em. pure scoundrels if ya ask me. I couldn't agree more. I wish they would make ticket scalping totally illegal.:mad: :mad: :mad:

sahen
02-20-2008, 05:52 PM
I couldn't agree more. I wish they would make ticket scalping totally illegal.:mad: :mad: :mad:

that makes too much sense...

i thought StubHub was a ticket broker? i guess not....but the fact is that ticketmaster is a horrible system because other sites that are ticketbrokers have bots taht buy up all the tickets to the game from ticketmaster and then you cant buy tickets to games without paying a way over ticket price....

just watch what happens when they announce the day they retire Biggio's number, the ticket broker bots will be eating those tickets up immediately, so if you want to go i suggest u buy some immediately for that game, if you wait you are gonna be paying ridiculous prices to go...i know i got shafted last year for bagwell's jersey retirement....

Adidas410s
02-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by SWMustang
In theory - sure. the problem is when people have no intention of going to the game yet they buy the tickets anyway to sell. These are the same opportunist that buy up all the Wii's before Christmas to Ebay 'em. pure scoundrels if ya ask me.
Agree 100%. Even though I buy and sell tickets with some regularity...I can say that I've never bought tickets with the intention of selling them on eBay.

Adidas410s
02-20-2008, 06:08 PM
that makes too much sense...

i thought StubHub was a ticket broker? i guess not....but the fact is that ticketmaster is a horrible system because other sites that are ticketbrokers have bots taht buy up all the tickets to the game from ticketmaster and then you cant buy tickets to games without paying a way over ticket price....

just watch what happens when they announce the day they retire Biggio's number, the ticket broker bots will be eating those tickets up immediately, so if you want to go i suggest u buy some immediately for that game, if you wait you are gonna be paying ridiculous prices to go...i know i got shafted last year for bagwell's jersey retirement....
Ticketmaster changed their system last year to prevent bots from being able to get into their auctions. They changed it again a few months ago and will likely make more changes in the future. It's not Ticketmaster's fault...there's just not a perfect system they can use at this time.

I like Cuban's idea when the Mavs went to the Finals in 06. All available tickets should be sold in pairs of 2 (and some groups of 4) on the open market...and the tickets go to the highest bidder. That would severely hurt the ticket broker because it would erode virtually all of their margin. Also, ticket brokers should be prevented from buying season tickets as that is how they typically acquire the seats that they sell.

sahen
02-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s

I like Cuban's idea when the Mavs went to the Finals in 06. All available tickets should be sold in pairs of 2 (and some groups of 4) on the open market...and the tickets go to the highest bidder. That would severely hurt the ticket broker because it would erode virtually all of their margin. Also, ticket brokers should be prevented from buying season tickets as that is how they typically acquire the seats that they sell.

or they should shoot ticketbrokers, that'd prolly stop them as well (kidding, but i do hate ticket brokers)....they should just make buying a ticket then selling it above face value illegal for everyone and then that would do wonders, it wouldnt eliminate the prob but brokers wouldnt be able to buy them in the bulk they do and sale them on the open market...

Emerson1
02-20-2008, 07:50 PM

It's not ticketmaster. Any ticket I have ever bought from a scalper was a season ticket.

I like stubhub, they have an easy way to find what ticket you want. I bought 4 Mavs tickets for $6 each, the face value is around $30.

We had to pay a $15 handling fee because it was bought less than 3 days before the event and you pay for the Last Minute Services. It came out to $50 for 4 $30 tickets.

Stubhub has offices (http://www.stubhub.com/pick-up-locations/) in cities all over the country, including one 3 blocks from Minute Maid Park.

For average games you will can get tickets for under face, it's the Sox/Yankees and games like that where they make their money and sell for 10x the value

Bull19
02-27-2008, 06:00 PM
i was looking at stubhub and i was curious as why some tickets in the same section are $200 dollars more than others, and are worse seats. anybody know why tickets vary in price so greatly in the same section?

Emerson1
02-27-2008, 06:07 PM
i was looking at stubhub and i was curious as why some tickets in the same section are $200 dollars more than others, and are worse seats. anybody know why tickets vary in price so greatly in the same section?
Some people sell them just because they happen to not be able to go. Others might want to go, but if someone is dumb enough to buy them for that much, they don't mind giving them up.