PDA

View Full Version : windows vista sucks...

jason
02-20-2008, 11:00 AM
just thought i would let yall know...

anybody who says otherwise is a fool....

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by jason

I agree...it came installed on my new laptop, I am still lost!!

jason
02-20-2008, 11:03 AM
i havent seen a 'stock' laptop yet that actually has the horsepower to run vista - even if it says 'designed for windows vista' it still isnt enough...

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 11:06 AM
If I have a program that freezes up or something....ctl/alt/del doesn't work on vista like it did XP or 98....I don't know how to get out of something like that, I just have to shut down!

IHS Fan
02-20-2008, 11:11 AM
i have a friend who just bought a laptop with vista and hates it. he has spent hours on the phone with microsoft to fix problems. one problem he still has is everything prints backwords. HP told him this a problem with vista that so far can't be fixed. he has to send things to his wifes computer and print from hers that has xp.

jason
02-20-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
If I have a program that freezes up or something....ctl/alt/del doesn't work on vista like it did XP or 98....I don't know how to get out of something like that, I just have to shut down!

try this

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2045/ctrl_alt_del_task_manager_in_vista_

ctrl+shift+esc

Adidas410s
02-20-2008, 11:21 AM
sure am glad I bought an iMac recently! It has a few bugs but the update that Apple put out for Leopard fixed a lot of my problems.

STANG RED
02-20-2008, 11:28 AM
I've had vista on my laptop for nearly a year now, and still hate it. But I have gone and downloaded every update that has come along for it and it really does help. I still like XP much much better.

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I've had vista on my laptop for nearly a year now, and still hate it. But I have gone and downloaded every update that has come along for it and it really does help. I still like XP much much better.

I have an XP CD, I am so tempted to load it on there, but am terrified.

Jason knows how chicken I am about that kind of stuff...it took me years to upgrade from 98 to XP!!:D

jason
02-20-2008, 11:37 AM

Jason knows how chicken I am about that kind of stuff...it took me years to upgrade from 98 to XP!!:D i wouldnt go from vista to xp unless you know you can find all the drivers - a lot of laptops have hardware built specifically for vista and not xp - i looked into doing that same thing for a friend and her HP laptop is virtually stuck running vista because there are no drivers for the hardware for xp...

i will never buy a laptop built for vista, i will only buy a macbook from here on out....

STANG RED
02-20-2008, 11:38 AM

Jason knows how chicken I am about that kind of stuff...it took me years to upgrade from 98 to XP!!:D

Do it. I'm sure you have a recovery disk for vista from when you bought your computer anyway. Dont you?
But I think you'll have to wipe out vista before installing XP. But I'm far from an expert, so dont take my word for it.

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 11:40 AM
i wouldnt go from vista to xp unless you know you can find all the drivers - a lot of laptops have hardware built specifically for vista and not xp - i looked into doing that same thing for a friend and her HP laptop is virtually stuck running vista because there are no drivers for xp...

i will never buy a laptop built for vista, i will only buy a macbook from here on out....

Well...there goes that idea!!:(

Oh well...now I just gotta figure how to get my old computer running so I can get all the old pics of my grandbaby off of it!!:weeping:

jason
02-20-2008, 11:41 AM
Well...there goes that idea!!:(

Oh well...now I just gotta figure how to get my old computer running so I can get all the old pics of my grandbaby off of it!!:weeping: just slave the HD into another desktop and burn them to a cd

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Do it. I'm sure you have a recovery disk for vista from when you bought your computer anyway. Dont you?
But I think you'll have to wipe out vista before installing XP. But I'm far from an expert, so dont take my word for it.

One thing I do remember is that it said there was no need for a recovery disk because of some internal built in recovery something or another.

It didn't come with a book, a disk, or anything.

Just the computer and powercord and a set-up poster!

I even thought about taking a Vista course at the college, but the schedule was going to interfere with American Idol!!:D :D

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 11:43 AM
just slave the HD into another desktop and burn them to a cd

Hey!!! I may actually know what you are talking about!!!!!!

DU_stud04
02-20-2008, 11:52 AM
i like vista, my roommate has it on his laptop and it runs amazingly, i want it for my desktop now. :D

jason
02-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i like vista, my roommate has it on his laptop and it runs amazingly, i want it for my desktop now. :D well, you have my number and you know what i charge...

DU_stud04
02-20-2008, 11:58 AM
well, you have my number and you know what i charge... hahaha, i can get programs no problem.

jason
02-20-2008, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
hahaha, i can get programs no problem. i meant for when you need help fixing the stuff you break...

DU_stud04
02-20-2008, 12:00 PM
i meant for when you need help fixing the stuff you break... :doh:

lakers
02-20-2008, 12:22 PM
i have an hp laptop with vista and it works fine for me...never had any problems... me personally, i like it a lot better then xp...

JasperDog94
02-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Our computer guy here at work thinks that Microsoft is putting out updates for XP that are actually slowing down the systems to try to force people into upgrading to Vista.

mwynn05
02-20-2008, 01:04 PM
i wouldnt go from vista to xp unless you know you can find all the drivers - a lot of laptops have hardware built specifically for vista and not xp - i looked into doing that same thing for a friend and her HP laptop is virtually stuck running vista because there are no drivers for the hardware for xp...

i will never buy a laptop built for vista, i will only buy a macbook from here on out.... i want a macbook too

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I haven't really had problems with Vista, I'm just not comfortable with it.

Microsoft Office 2007 is what is kicking my butt!!!:mad:

DU_stud04
02-20-2008, 01:20 PM

Microsoft Office 2007 is what is kicking my butt!!!:mad: office 2007 is awesome once you learn where things are. i love it now.

mwynn05
02-20-2008, 01:20 PM

Microsoft Office 2007 is what is kicking my butt!!!:mad: we have office 07 on the computers on campus and i HATE it...it sucks so bad

LH Panther Mom
02-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Microsoft Office 2007 is what is kicking my butt!!!:mad:
I LOVE it! I had to do some testing last week & it was all on 2000. :(

jason
02-20-2008, 02:01 PM

Microsoft Office 2007 is what is kicking my butt!!!:mad: i made the decision before this semester that only office 2007, and not both 2k3 and 2k7, will be available in labs and classrooms on campus...

mwynn05
02-20-2008, 02:12 PM
i made the decision before this semester that only office 2007, and not both 2k3 and 2k7, will be available in labs and classrooms on campus... i dont like it because i dont know how to get to do everything on 07 like i can on the others

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
i dont like it because i dont know how to get to do everything on 07 like i can on the others

Ditto!!

It was so nice when software actually came with a book that you could thumb through and find answers!!!

mwynn05
02-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Ditto!!

It was so nice when software actually came with a book that you could thumb through and find answers!!! right things that used to take me 2 minutes to do now take 10 or 15 because i cant find the feature im looking for

BobcatBenny
02-20-2008, 02:29 PM

OTHERWISE!?! :p

jason
02-20-2008, 02:31 PM
Ditto!!

It was so nice when software actually came with a book that you could thumb through and find answers!!!

Originally posted by mwynn05
i dont like it because i dont know how to get to do everything on 07 like i can on the others

use the 'help' feature

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4863/picture1vp4.jpg

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 03:05 PM
That help feature rarely answers the question I need an answer for!!

jason
02-20-2008, 03:20 PM
That help feature rarely answers the question I need an answer for!! i dont think anybody or anything can help you....

:D :D

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 03:22 PM
i dont think anybody or anything can help you....

:D :D

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

I don't have Office 2007 on MY computer, so it's not THAT big of a worry to me...BUT, when my boss gets lost in it, she always calls ME to come help her...how scary is that????:eek: :eek:

JasperDog94
02-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Right now I have to save everything as a previous version because almost nobody I know has 07.:rolleyes:

jason
02-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Right now I have to save everything as a previous version because almost nobody I know has 07.:rolleyes: they should download/install the compatibility package...

JasperDog94
02-20-2008, 03:33 PM
they should download/install the compatibility package... Easier said than done.

BTW - How do I get Outlook 07 to change it's standard font from Courrier 11 to Times New Roman 12?

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 03:35 PM
I need to buy an Office program (I have 2000 somewhere at home)...I can't believe 2000 and 2003 are as expensive as they are!!

All I want is word and excel. My computer came with the trial version of 2007, but I don't even wanna mess with that because I'm not gonna buy it!

LH Panther Mom
02-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
BTW - How do I get Outlook 07 to change it's standard font from Courrier 11 to Times New Roman 12?
Tools, Options, Mail Setup, Stationery and Fonts should do it, I believe. :nerd:

JasperDog94
02-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Tools, Options, Mail Setup, Stationery and Fonts should do it, I believe. :nerd: That's it!!! Thanks mom.:kiss:

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Who needs a "help menu" when you have the downlow??

pirate4state
02-20-2008, 03:52 PM
I just wish I knew what ya'll were talking about! :p :p j/k :D