PDA

View Full Version : Word I just realized I've always spelled wrong....

kaorder1999
02-20-2008, 10:55 AM
ITINERARY

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
ITINERARY

How did you spell it??

Ridiculous is one of the most misspelled words on here, I think!!:p

kaorder1999
02-20-2008, 10:59 AM
ITINERARY is right. Ive always spelled it wrong!

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
ITINERARY is right. Ive always spelled it wrong!

LOL!! I got that!!

Let me rephrase, how did you USED to spell it??

kaorder1999
02-20-2008, 11:03 AM
oh...i misread what you said....i always spelled it itenerary

Sweetwater Red
02-20-2008, 11:09 AM
For about the last five years I have had to type or write the
word desiccants on a daily basis. I only recently found out it's
not spelled dessicants.:doh:

STANG RED
02-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
How did you spell it??

Ridiculous is one of the most misspelled words on here, I think!!:p

Oh come on now, I think your just being ridiculous.:D

Seriously though, I wish we had spell check on here. I'm a terrible speller myself, but some on here are so bad, its sometimes hard to read their posts. But I never correct them, as bad as mine is sometime.:(

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Seriously though, I wish we had spell check on here. I'm a terrible speller myself, but some on here are so bad, its sometimes hard to read their posts. But I never correct them, as bad as mine is sometime.:(

That is one reason I open the downlow on Mozilla....it spell checks as I post!!

pirate4state
02-20-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

I have the Google toolbar and it has spell check! :nerd: :)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
02-20-2008, 12:23 PM
I used to spell definitely wrong a lot. I would spell it definately.

eagles_victory
02-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I used to spell definitely wrong a lot. I would spell it definately. There is a facebook group im in called d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y because everyone is tired of it being spelled wrong I know I always spelled it wrong too. Im with you Rangermom its so Ridiculous how people spell rediculous

CenTexSports
02-20-2008, 12:32 PM
There is one word that I mis-spell on purpose. It is "insure."

I have never understood why the correct spelling of this word is ensure.

If I buy a policy to protect my house it is spelled insurance.
But if I double check to make sure that I have not made a mistake it is spelled ensure.

Any ideas?

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports

But if I double check to make sure that I have not made a mistake it is spelled ensure.

Any ideas?

While both these words can be verbs, insure is to take out a policy. Ensure is to make sure something happens.

Lazy language users and linguists will argue that this matters not, that they are interchangeable because they mean nearly the same thing.

However, to be correct, use insure to mean that you’re making arrangements to receive monetary compensation in the event of some sort of damage to person or property. “He is going to insure his car to comply with the law.”

Use ensure to mean that you are attempting to make sure something happens or takes place. “To ensure good communication, enunciate and project your words loudly.”

Link (http://intopr.prblogs.org/2006/11/03/weekly-grammaticalness-insure-vs-ensure/)

CenTexSports
02-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Wow, I hope you typed that from a learning experience somewhere and not copy and paste. You are amazing!

pirate4state
02-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I used to spell definitely wrong a lot. I would spell it definately. :o Definitely is one word that always trips me up! :mad: Obviously, the "write it out 10x" didn't work with me on this particular word. :(

Sweetwater Red
02-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Wow, I hope you typed that from a learning experience somewhere and not copy and paste. You are amazing!

Richard?:thinking:

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 01:06 PM

Haha!! OOPS!! It actually Is a copy and paste and I forgot to link it!! (It is done now).

But, I knew the difference anyway! English was my strong point in school!!

I think I am quite amazing myself...thanks!!!!:kiss:

nobogey72
02-20-2008, 04:49 PM

Any ideas?

"Ensure" is the stuff that Stang Red drinks to stay regular.
"Insure" is what you do to your car when you buy insurance.

BwdLions
02-20-2008, 05:04 PM
That's why I like this site so much. This topic is about a word that someone has misspelled for years. They figure out the correct spelling and tell about it. You never know what topic will come up, but it's always interesting.

pirate4state
02-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
That's why I like this site so much. This topic is about a word that someone has misspelled for years. They figure out the correct spelling and tell about it. You never know what topic will come up, but it's always interesting.

LOL are you making fun of us? :D Cause if you are it's totally okay.

Sweetwater Red
02-20-2008, 05:11 PM

We'll get back to 100% football in August. Uhhh...I promise.:D :devil:

Ranger Mom
02-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LOL are you making fun of us? :D Cause if you are it's totally okay.

LOL!! I don't know, but the last few posts on this thread "tickled my funny bone!!"

:D :D :D

STANG RED
02-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
"Ensure" is the stuff that Stang Red drinks to stay regular.
"Insure" is what you do to your car when you buy insurance.

I beg your pardon!:mad: I'm an old school kinda guy myself. It's Castor Oil and a box of dried prunes for me baby! But do yourself a favor and be far far away when it all starts working.:eek:

BwdLions
02-21-2008, 10:35 AM
Of course I'm not making fun of anyone. I really meant it when I said "that's why I like this site." I get a real kick out of reading this forum everyday. I'm glad someone directed me to it.

pirate4state
02-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Of course I'm not making fun of anyone. I really meant it when I said "that's why I like this site." I get a real kick out of reading this forum everyday. I'm glad someone directed me to it. :thinking: :thinking:

Okay, maybe my sarcastic switch was in overdrive. I'm glad you found your way to the craziest, 8x out of 10 drama filled, site about HS sports & the people who love them!! :D :crazy1:

Ranger Mom
02-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Of course I'm not making fun of anyone. I really meant it when I said "that's why I like this site." I get a real kick out of reading this forum everyday. I'm glad someone directed me to it.

So you are a Brownwood Lion supporter from Graham?

Sweetwater Red
02-21-2008, 10:52 AM

It's all fun & games now. What until the season starts. Snyder
and Wylie fans are going to go after ya'lls stadium, enrollment
numbers, and lord knows don't have any move-ins.:thinking:

Of course, we Sweetwater posters hold ourselves to a higher
standard. You won't have to worry about any of that crap from
us...uh....trust me.:devil:

LH Panther Mom
02-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So you are a Brownwood Lion supporter from Graham?
GMTA (x2) ;)

nobogey72
02-21-2008, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
It's all fun & games now. What until the season starts. Snyder
and Wylie fans are going to go after ya'lls stadium, enrollment
numbers, and lord knows don't have any move-ins.:thinking:

Of course, we Sweetwater posters hold ourselves to a higher
standard. You won't have to worry about any of that crap from
us...uh....trust me.:devil:

Believe me, we won't go after their stadium. At least until we have one that's better. And, I would say that may take a long time. Now having said that, we will not hold back on any other sensitive area that Brownwood may have.

What does "higher standards" mean? Is that what you have to buy for your track team if you have a real good pole vaulter?:confused: :confused:

STANG RED
02-21-2008, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Believe me, we won't go after their stadium. At least until we have one that's better. And, I would say that may take a long time. Now having said that, we will not hold back on any other sensitive area that Brownwood may have.

What does "higher standards" mean? Is that what you have to buy for your track team if you have a real good pole vaulter?:confused: :confused:

:confused: Good question. I dont think we have ever had a half decent pole vaulter, much less a real good one.

BwdLions
02-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:thinking: :thinking:

Okay, maybe my sarcastic switch was in overdrive. I'm glad you found your way to the craziest, 8x out of 10 drama filled, site about HS sports & the people who love them!! :D :crazy1:

Yes, I was born and raised in Brownwood. I played for the Lions and graduated from Brownwood High. My family has lived in Graham for 10 years.

Ranger Mom
02-21-2008, 03:42 PM
Yes, I was born and raised in Brownwood. I played for the Lions and graduated from Brownwood High. My family has lived in Graham for 10 years.

That's strange (no offense)...are you not a Steers fan, at all?

Silverback 04
02-21-2008, 03:44 PM
The word that I have a hard time spelling is "Pudknocker". As in, "That guys son is a Pudknocker". I'm not even sure if thats right. Is there supposed to be an "h" after "u"? I'm so confused!!

Ranger Mom
02-21-2008, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
The word that I have a hard time spelling is "Pudknocker". As in, "That guys son is a Pudknocker". I'm not even sure if thats right. Is there supposed to be an "h" after "u"? I'm so confused!!

That's a new one to me...never even heard of it!!:p

According to the "urban dictionary" you have spelled it correctly!

BwdLions
02-21-2008, 05:19 PM

Yes, I'm a Steers fan too. However, I bleed maroon (and I don't mean aggie maroon either).