PDA

View Full Version : Fairfield v. Gatesville

mwynn05
02-20-2008, 10:25 AM
8 Friday at Reed Arena-Texas A&M thoughts?

Johnny Utah
02-20-2008, 10:27 AM
Fairfield is well coached. Gatesville may be the sleeper in the region. Should be a great game.

eagles_victory
02-20-2008, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Fairfield is well coached. Gatesville may be the sleeper in the region. Should be a great game. After their run in district this year I wouldnt call them a sleeper more like one of the top 4 or 5 teams with a chance to advance to Austin. I would consider us more of a sleeper right now. Worley and Merrick and the guys just keep finding a way to pull out close games ( a knock on the Eagles hoops program in years past was the inability to win a close game)

Johnny Utah
02-20-2008, 10:44 AM
In my opinion in region 3, they are a sleeper. Silsbee, HJ, Mexia, Crockett, etc... Fairfield will give them all they can handle.

eagles_victory
02-20-2008, 10:47 AM
In my opinion in region 3, they are a sleeper. Silsbee, HJ, Mexia, Crockett, etc... Fairfield will give them all they can handle. Mexia shouldnt be mentioned in the same breathe as Crockett. Gatesville is much more of a favorite then the Blackcats.

Johnny Utah
02-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Tradition my friend, tradition.

eagles_victory
02-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Tradition my friend, tradition. Tradition doesnt play the game for you maybe if Ricky Huckaby, Jesse Kimbro and those guys were suiting up it would matter. But tradition doesnt mean anything for this year. I think Connally will beat Mexia Friday night.

mwynn05
02-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
After their run in district this year I wouldnt call them a sleeper more like one of the top 4 or 5 teams with a chance to advance to Austin. I would consider us more of a sleeper right now. Worley and Merrick and the guys just keep finding a way to pull out close games ( a knock on the Eagles hoops program in years past was the inability to win a close game) yeah...as much as i like all those guys from last year..there was just something they didnt have in close games