PDA

View Full Version : What do you think???

marlin fan
02-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Okay the time is here for me to get a new computer!!! I cant decide if i want another laptop or do i want a desktop.. what do u think?? yes current laptop still working!

STANG RED
02-19-2008, 11:07 PM
Seems like a good laptop can do most anything a desktop can nowadays. The only real advantage to a desktop that I can see is a bigger monitor size. I do like my 21" screen on my desktop at home, but I'm setting right here next to it, and still using my laptop with it's 17" screen. In fact I seldom even fire up my desktop anymore, unless I happen to leave my laptop at work.
I did however pop for a top of the line external hard drive that I plug into my laptop almost all the time, and keep nearly all my files on it.

Ranger Mom
02-19-2008, 11:17 PM
I just got a laptop and I love it. I got one that had the 10-key on the keyboard, so it made it a little wider and because of that I am able to have a 17" screen!!

I just had to go buy the wireless keyboard and mouse....that stupid little touch scroll mouse thingy was driving me NUTS!!

STANG RED
02-19-2008, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I just got a laptop and I love it. I got one that had the 10-key on the keyboard, so it made it a little wider and because of that I am able to have a 17" screen!!

I just had to go buy the wireless keyboard and mouse....that stupid little touch scroll mouse thingy was driving me NUTS!!

I have the same thing, but I only bought a wireless mouse. I dont have a problem with the laptop keyboard, except for the right hand shift key being smaller than normal because of the 10-key. That took a little getting used to, but it doesnt bother me anymore.

marlin fan
02-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

I just had to go buy the wireless keyboard and mouse....that stupid little touch scroll mouse thingy was driving me NUTS!! oh yeah iv seen that was it hp laptop???

Old Tiger
02-19-2008, 11:40 PM
I think you should do what you want to do and not let anyone influence your decision.

marlin fan
02-19-2008, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I think you should do what you want to do and not let anyone influence your decision. i cant decide on which one i want so im seeing wat other people think. thanks for ur sooo un-usefull comment!

Old Tiger
02-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by marlin fan
i cant decide on which one i want so im seeing wat other people think. thanks for ur sooo un-usefull comment! get a laptop with WiFi capabilities.

marlin fan
02-19-2008, 11:46 PM
since this one is still running i think ima go ahead and get me a desktop and use this one when i want to be on the move