PDA

View Full Version : Navasota 76, Orangefield 69 Final OT

HEMOTOXIC
02-19-2008, 10:07 PM
What a game. With one second left in the game, an official called a foul stating the player got fould near halfcourt shooting a three. Orangefields makes all 3 to go up by 1 with 1 second left. In the mist of the celebration, Orangefield was called for a tech inwhich Navasota made 1 of 2 to go into OT. All this happened after Navasota gave up a 21 point lead in the second half. In OT, it was all Rattlers!

Congrats Lady Rattlers!

eagles_victory
02-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
What a game. With one second left in the game, an official called a foul stating the player got fould near halfcourt shooting a three. Orangefields makes all 3 to go up by 1 with 1 second left. In the mist of the celebration, Orangefield was called for a tech inwhich Navasota made 1 of 2 to go into OT. All this happened after Navasota gave up a 21 point lead in the second half. In OT, it was all Rattlers!

Congrats Lady Rattlers! Thats so cheap

setxsports
02-19-2008, 10:12 PM
ROBBED CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bull19
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Thats so cheap

sure sounds that way

zebrablue2
congrats to the lady rattlers. great win. all good teams find a way to get it done. keep it rolling...

setxsports
REF wasn't from Orange just put it that way!!!!!!!!! OF was Robbed!!!!!!!!

striker
02-19-2008, 10:15 PM
That game was crazy. Congrats Rattler Girls!

HEMOTOXIC
02-19-2008, 11:40 PM
For those who wans't there (most), Navasota was the team who was robbed and justice was searved. The same official who called the rediculous foul to give Orangefield 3 shots with 1 seconds left may have blown his whistle a total of 5 times against Orangefield. This includes fouls, turnovers, etc. When the ref called the foul to give the LadyCats 3 shots at the end, it was so obvious that the ref had an agenda. Heck, it had been obvious all night.

Anyways, we won. It shouldn't have never gotten to that point. I would like to say congratulations to Orangefield for a hard fought game. I just wish that the refs wouldn't have decided this close game.

Another way to look at is, in overtime, the game was tied. So, it is almost like a clean slate. Whoever scored the most points, wins! The best team won tonight.

Go Snakes.

Btw, Navasota boys will play Orangefield Friday in Cleveland @ 730. The girls will be in Huntsville where I think they will play at 8p vs. Waco Robinson.

setxsports
02-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Ref was laughing at the OF girls when the game ended. Tape will be sent in first thing Wed. morning!!!!!!!!

navscanmaster
02-20-2008, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by **********
Ref was laughing at the OF girls when the game ended. Tape will be sent in first thing Wed. morning!!!!!!!!

No finger pointing here. But it goes without saying that with 2:40 left in the game and a 19 point lead, the Lady Rattlers had mentally boarded the bus back already, and it almost bit them in the butt. I was in total shock until the OT period started from the events of the last minutes. Orangefield and Navasota played pretty evenly in the first half, though Navasota had trouble getting baskets to fall. In the second half, Orangefield got a taste of the unlucky goal that the Lady Rattlers had been shooting at earlier, and Navasota turned up the defense until they thought they had won the game.

Orangefield and its supporters should be proud and hold their heads high because it shows that you have taught those girls to never give up. 99 out of 100 teams would have thrown in the towel down 19 with under 3 to go.

As for the final three minutes, I have never seen a mental collapse like the Lady Rattlers endured. Should Coach Gates have called a few "screw your heads back on" timeouts in that 20-0 run by the Lady Bobcats? Probably. From a Rattler fan's perspective, this group with seven seniors and loads of talent is lucky to have played such an intense, emotional game and come away with a W. As I was discussing with OldBison75 last night, they normally don't face that level of competition until it is too late, and us Rattler fans know how that has turned out in recent history.

Congratulations again to Orangefield for the most inspired comeback I have ever seen, even though it will go down as an "almost ran." And to both teams: WORK ON YOUR FREE THROWS!!!