PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Sweetwater

injuredinmelee
02-19-2008, 09:21 PM
For the great lunch at Allens this afternoon. Delicious as usual.

GetRDoneStangs
02-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I had a burger from ?>><<>>? it was ok, not Allens!

I will give u my cell phone...call me...not in town very ofton for lunch...:( :(

STANG RED
02-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

Dangit man, why didnt you give me a shout? I stayed home today to do some honeydoos around the house. I sure could have used a good excuse to leave for a little while.:(

But I did go get my fill of Allens this past Saturday. And it was good as ever.

Matthew328
02-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Allen's is greatness

lakers
02-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Last time I was in there I ate one the biggest chicken fried steak that I had ever seen.... (wrong place)

STANG RED
02-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by lakers
Last time I was in there I ate one the biggest chicken fried steak that I had ever seen....

:confused: At Allens??? :thinking: You may be thinking of another place lakers. I maybe wrong, but I've never known of Allens serving a chicken fried steak. They do however have the best fried chicken on the planet! In fact everything in there is great, but I sure dont think they do chicken fried steak.

lakers
02-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
:confused: At Allens??? :thinking: You may be thinking of another place lakers. I maybe wrong, but I've never known of Allens serving a chicken fried steak. They do however have the best fried chicken on the planet! In fact everything in there is great, but I sure dont think they do chicken fried steak. opps. my bad... i am thinking of Buck's

STANG RED
02-19-2008, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by lakers
opps. my bad... i am thinking of Buck's

That makes sense. I dont guess I've had a chicken fry at Buck's. But boy their BBQ sure has gone down hill from what it was several years ago. Used to be some of the best around, but I dont even go in there any more. The last few times I did, I regretted it. Absolutely the worst BBQ chicken I have ever had, and the brisket is dry as a powder house fart. Pretty decent salad bar though.

lakers
02-19-2008, 11:56 PM
it has been a year and a half since i ate there and i remember it being good. it is a shame if it is going down hill.

El CuCUy
02-20-2008, 12:06 AM
cucuy like bbq

DU_stud04
02-20-2008, 12:10 AM
That makes sense. I dont guess I've had a chicken fry at Buck's. But boy their BBQ sure has gone down hill from what it was several years ago. Used to be some of the best around, but I dont even go in there any more. The last few times I did, I regretted it. Absolutely the worst BBQ chicken I have ever had, and the brisket is dry as a powder house fart. Pretty decent salad bar though. i dont think ive had their brisket in about 3-4 years..... the quality of bucks had gone down. i prefer bigboys now when i go pick some brisket up when i go home for a weekend.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
i dont think ive had their brisket in about 3-4 years..... the quality of bucks had gone down. i prefer bigboys now when i go pick some brisket up when i go home for a weekend.

If I'm in town I totally agree bigboys is the best.

I remember when I was a young frisbeestud and we would go down to Williams BBQ and pick out pet rabbits everything was perfect. I'd take a cute little bunny home and raise it as a wonderful pet. It never dawned on me until recently what the Williams were raising the rabbits for, I feel now like they stole my childhood.

Stownhorse09
02-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Allen's is the greatest.

injuredinmelee
02-20-2008, 01:24 AM
Dangit man, why didnt you give me a shout? I stayed home today to do some honeydoos around the house. I sure could have used a good excuse to leave for a little while.:(

But I did go get my fill of Allens this past Saturday. And it was good as ever.

I had taken my dad over to the VA Hospital at Big Spring. He wanted to eat at some hole int he wall place here and I had to talk him into Allen's which was not easy. We almost stopped by your office on the way home glad we didnt do that.