PDA

View Full Version : Mid-February Madness

jimmyceatworld
02-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Okay, it's a little early to be talking March Madness, but I have a question I'd like to ask about the tournament:

1 Memphis
2 Tennessee
3 North Carolina
4 Kansas
5 Duke
6 UCLA
7 Texas
8 Butler
9 Stanford
10 Xavier
11 Wisconsin
12 Georgetown
13 Connecticut
14 Purdue
15 Indiana
16 Drake
17 Washington State
18 Louisville
19 Michigan State
20 Vanderbilt
21 Notre Dame
22 Texas A&M
23 St. Mary's
24 Kansas State
25 Marquette

I know thes rankings are not going to foretell how the seeds come out, but do you think there are a lot of upsets (not every case of course) because some teams are not given the right seed at all? I look at some teams every year and I'm just like "are you kidding me?".

I'm not trying to bash on the committee, I know it's a tough job, but I've just been wondering how much bad seedings play into effect for upsets.

eagles_victory
02-18-2008, 05:17 PM
I think it makes a big difference for example the year Tennessee got a 2 seed when they didnt deserve it and played Winthrop a good 15 seed. It took a miracle shot for Tennessee to win (that also might be the most picked upset in NCAA tournament history) I look at a lot of the big upsets in the past and think its because people overrated some of the top teams (Iowa when they got upset by NWSU).

jason
02-19-2008, 10:10 AM
cant wait for march madness...

folks, start thinking about your brackets - we will do our annual tournament pick'em again this year....