PDA

View Full Version : Scout's top 100

Lion_Addict
02-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Just in case anybody's interested, and it hasn't been posted.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=3&blipid=17143

jimmyceatworld
02-18-2008, 02:08 PM
How come Navasota's RB didn't do anything against LH this year? I know the obvious answer is that their defense was stout, which I agree with, but someone ranked #9 should be able to do something against anyone shouldn't they? (assuming the OL is at least average)

Old Tiger
02-18-2008, 04:11 PM
1 and 2 should be switched IMO.

Pratt didn't do much on defense either in that LH game against good competition.

Phil C
02-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks for sharing. It looks like UT and the Aggies are off to a good start. I hope UT can get at least a couple each here of defensive ends, defensive tackles and linebackers.

navscanmaster
02-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
1 and 2 should be switched IMO.

Pratt didn't do much on defense either in that LH game against good competition.

Name somebody that did well against LH this year.:rolleyes:

Bull19
02-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Name somebody that did well against LH this year.:rolleyes:

name another national recruit rb that played against LH

navscanmaster
02-18-2008, 06:10 PM
Justin Johnson, Gilmer. Had less rushing yards than Pratt, although he had a TD return. I credit that return more to overpursuit on LH's part though.

Panther One
02-18-2008, 07:53 PM
The Stateman doesn't have the individual stats from the game, but I believe Gary Tatum from Carthage was the only RB to top 100 yards against Liberty Hill last year. Only three others topped 50. Kelley from Cameron had 50, Roth from Hutto had 60 (not all coming against 1st team D), and Whittington from Cuero had 64. Pratt was one of three players to top 40. Johnson from Gilmer had 17 yards.

I think Johnson and Pratt would both be better linebackers than runningbacks at the college level with Pratt ultimately being the better player. From what I saw on film and in person, neither seemed to have the moves or the speed of some of the states top RBs. Scout lists both as RBs, but Rivals lists Johnson as a LB and Pratt as an ATH. I think that's a little more accurate based on their abilities. The most impressive play I saw from Pratt against us was a tackle that he made on Gonzales. And yes, Johnson's KO return was a serious case of overpursuit and not staying in your lanes. Anybody with decent speed could have run it back.

Old Tiger
02-18-2008, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Name somebody that did well against LH this year.:rolleyes: Rockdale :p

K-MAC Chuck
02-18-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
The Stateman doesn't have the individual stats from the game, but I believe Gary Tatum from Carthage was the only RB to top 100 yards against Liberty Hill last year.

As I was reading this thread, I immediately thought of Tatum. He not only had over 100 yards against LH but he looked stellar doing it. I remember talking to Jerry Vance afterwards, and he said Tatum turned in a GREAT performance...which he did!

I believe Tatum had a couple of receptions that night, too..

Panther One
02-18-2008, 08:43 PM
Rockdale :p
I think he was referring to individual RBs. As a team, Rockdale only had 77 yards rushing.

injuredinmelee
02-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Hasnt Chris Williams form Abilene High committed verbally to Tech already? The kid can flat out play.

Matthew328
02-18-2008, 10:06 PM
Williams has not committed anywhere as of yet.....Tech was the first school to offer him though

yoemenkracker30
02-18-2008, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Hasnt Chris Williams form Abilene High committed verbally to Tech already? The kid can flat out play.

that would be a negative ghost rider.....

waterboy
02-19-2008, 08:43 AM
:dispntd: What?? Not even one Gilmer player in the top 100?? How long has it been since that has happened? j.k. Gilmer will be rebuilding (or reloading) this year. They will be very young. There were a whole lotta sophomores on last year's team and they'll only have maybe 3 or 4 seniors on this year's team. As far as Justin Johnson's performance against Liberty Hill, it's hard to judge a player by one game. The Buckeye team, as a whole, had a bad game that day. Over the course of the year I saw JJ do some amazing things, he was a LOAD. I also think he would be a better linebacker than running back at the next level, but he could be successful at either.

bwdlionfan
02-19-2008, 10:24 AM
I don't know any names of players from Celina or LH, but I was surprised neither had a player on here?

Lion_Addict
02-19-2008, 10:31 AM
That's what I was surprised about. Was happy to see our 3 Brownwood boys on there though!

LH Panther Mom
02-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
I don't know any names of players from Celina or LH, but I was surprised neither had a player on here?
I'm sure this will be taken as a homer/mom thing, but frankly I don't care. It's disappointing the lack of notice some of our kids get. Of next years' Seniors, we have 1 that's started the past 3 seasons and 5 that have started the past 2. I would think those kids have played a huge part in our championships and would get some notice. :dispntd: :dispntd: :(

kepdawg
02-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'm sure this will be taken as a homer/mom thing, but frankly I don't care. It's disappointing the lack of notice some of our kids get. Of next years' Seniors, we have 1 that's started the past 3 seasons and 5 that have started the past 2. I would think those kids have played a huge part in our championships and would get some notice. :dispntd: :dispntd: :(

Which of those players should be on the list?

LH Panther Mom
02-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
Which of those players should be on the list?
Heck if I know! I already said I didn't care if it was taken as a homer/mom comment. Excuse me for thinking there's something special about this group of kids. :p

kepdawg
02-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Heck if I know! I already said I didn't care if it was taken as a homer/mom comment. Excuse me for thinking there's something special about this group of kids. :p

LH doesn't need to have anyone on the list to prove there's something special about them. Two rings prove it!

Matthew328
02-19-2008, 02:14 PM
Sometimes great high school teams don't have great college players....being a great player on a great team doesn't always translate into a big time college recruit

Old Tiger
02-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Lattimore would be a great college player.

Old Tiger
02-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
That's what I was surprised about. Was happy to see our 3 Brownwood boys on there though! Ask Gilmer how that turned out for them.:doh:

waterboy
02-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Ask Gilmer how that turned out for them.:doh:
:mad: :mad: OUCH!:mad: :D

kepdawg
02-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Ask Gilmer how that turned out for them.:doh:

I thought it turned out pretty good.

Old Tiger
02-19-2008, 02:47 PM
I thought it turned out pretty good. Me too kep. Me too

waterboy
02-19-2008, 02:55 PM
LH doesn't need to have anyone on the list to prove there's something special about them. Two rings prove it!
CCCHHHH CHING! We have a winner! You hit the nail on the head ...... or the head on the nail ...... or however that saying goes. It doesn't matter how many, if any, Division I recruits you have on a team. I would rather have no DI recruits and a state championship than a team full of DI recruits and a state runner-up, but it's good for the kids and that's what matters most.:D

gtownpoke
02-19-2008, 08:00 PM
some people act like being the state runner up is a down season!! they were 14-1!!! So they lost to a very good team in the state championship... how many other teams would have loved to be there? They had an incredible year and just didnt win the last one.
As for Gilmer not being mentioned in the top 100.. a poster earlier hit the nail on the head. The team this year was very heavy with seniors and sophomores. A lot of people think that sophomore class is one of the most talented skill wise that Gilmer has had in a long time. Allegedly their senior season they will have more D-1 recruits then last year.
Anyway I'm done with my rant. I just get tired of people putting down Gilmer for going 14-1 and having a great year and just not winning the last game.

Old Tiger
02-19-2008, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by gtownpoke
some people act like being the state runner up is a down season!! they were 14-1!!! So they lost to a very good team in the state championship... how many other teams would have loved to be there? They had an incredible year and just didnt win the last one.
As for Gilmer not being mentioned in the top 100.. a poster earlier hit the nail on the head. The team this year was very heavy with seniors and sophomores. A lot of people think that sophomore class is one of the most talented skill wise that Gilmer has had in a long time. Allegedly their senior season they will have more D-1 recruits then last year.
Anyway I'm done with my rant. I just get tired of people putting down Gilmer for going 14-1 and having a great year and just not winning the last game. They just didn't lose. They got BLOWN OUT!

Matthew328
02-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by waterboy
CCCHHHH CHING! We have a winner! You hit the nail on the head ...... or the head on the nail ...... or however that saying goes. It doesn't matter how many, if any, Division I recruits you have on a team. I would rather have no DI recruits and a state championship than a team full of DI recruits and a state runner-up, but it's good for the kids and that's what matters most.:D

I agree, my only point was that sometimes great high school teams are just that great high school teams...the team I follow was 14-1 in Class 4A and didn't have anyone sign more than a D-2 scholarship...no big time recruits just a bunch of good players

Silverback 04
02-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Lattimore is a great High School LB. But he would have a hard time making this list as it is based on what you are predicted you can do at the next level. Lattimore is my kind of player, in the Zach Thomas mold, but he doesn't have D1 size which makes it hard to get recruited by the big boys. Someone will have to take a big gamble on him and just like Thomas it might pay off. But, I personally expect him to play small ball, and if he sticks with it he will be really good. Heck, I suppose he could play baseball, lots of power.

NastySlot
02-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I agree, my only point was that sometimes great high school teams are just that great high school teams...the team I follow was 14-1 in Class 4A and didn't have anyone sign more than a D-2 scholarship...no big time recruits just a bunch of good players

you follow everman??????they have dI type kids usually..

gatordaze
02-21-2008, 05:52 PM
3-5 players per year from Celina keep playing at the next level.

Last year there was one to OkState, a preferred walk-on at Tech, a couple to ACU, and a couple more to dII type schools.

This year one to Penn State, one to NTSU and one to a DII or NAIA D1 school, so far.

Next year who knows, but the year after that we may have the best of the bunch in our MLB. He should be on everyones radar!

Old Tiger
02-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
Lattimore is a great High School LB. But he would have a hard time making this list as it is based on what you are predicted you can do at the next level. Lattimore is my kind of player, in the Zach Thomas mold, but he doesn't have D1 size which makes it hard to get recruited by the big boys. Someone will have to take a big gamble on him and just like Thomas it might pay off. But, I personally expect him to play small ball, and if he sticks with it he will be really good. Heck, I suppose he could play baseball, lots of power. He's fast enough to play SS/FS on the next level.

Matthew328
02-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by NastySlot
you follow everman??????they have dI type kids usually..

Yes usually but this year was an odd year...they were a great team but no real recruits...sometimes the best team doesn't have D-1 recruits...Everman this year just had a bunch of really good HS players...

Matthew328
02-21-2008, 07:11 PM
He's fast enough to play SS/FS on the next level.

I dunno if he can play DB at that level...dunno how improved or if his forty time was but it was 4.93 at scout combine last summer...that's not the be all end all..but it's tough to play DB at D-1 running a 4.93

cshscougar08
02-21-2008, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan

That's the thing about those two teams. They have some outstanding players, but they are built as a single unit rather than a supporting cast for one or two stars. I find it kinda odd that Mike Hicks doesn't make the list. Probably cause they think he's too small at 5'10''. Little do they know. :D

NastySlot
02-21-2008, 07:21 PM
Yes usually but this year was an odd year...they were a great team but no real recruits...sometimes the best team doesn't have D-1 recruits...Everman this year just had a bunch of really good HS players...

I like how you said a bunch of really good h.s. players......people often forget that sometimes thats what its all about....I get upset when people rip a kid that doesn't excel on the next level...college or pros...........there is nothing wrong with being good one level and not the next.

Matthew328
02-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by cshscougar08
That's the thing about those two teams. They have some outstanding players, but they are built as a single unit rather than a supporting cast for one or two stars. I find it kinda odd that Mike Hicks doesn't make the list. Probably cause they think he's too small at 5'10''. Little do they know. :D

Hicks is a heck of a player...gotta remember Texas is a big state and narrowing the list to 100 is a tough job...always gonna be good kids left out

cshscougar08
02-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Hicks is a heck of a player...gotta remember Texas is a big state and narrowing the list to 100 is a tough job...always gonna be good kids left out

Yeah I totally agree with you on that one. But there is a guy on that list that I'm friends with and Mike has him beat by leaps and bounds. So that's what really doesn't make sense to me.

lostaussie
02-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Ask Gilmer how that turned out for them.:doh: uncalled for.

lostaussie
02-21-2008, 09:04 PM
They just didn't lose. They got BLOWN OUT! and your school was.............that's right...............at the freakin house:doh:

Matthew328
02-21-2008, 09:48 PM
nm

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
and your school was.............that's right...............at the freakin house:doh: My alma mater lost by three points to CS and 12 points to LH. ;)

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 02:13 AM
I dunno if he can play DB at that level...dunno how improved or if his forty time was but it was 4.93 at scout combine last summer...that's not the be all end all..but it's tough to play DB at D-1 running a 4.93 Wasn't he a regional trackster? Ran a 22 or something?

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Wasn't he a regional trackster? Ran a 22 or something?
No

Silverback 04
02-22-2008, 10:30 AM
He's fast enough to play SS/FS on the next level.

In the mold of a smaller Roy Williams type, yes, he will come up and knock the piss out of you, but he couldn't cover at the D1 level. College football is full of guys that run legitamate 4.5 forties even at the small college level, and 4.8 ain't gonna cover that, no matter how you spin it. Nothing is impossible but I would rather see him go small college somewhere and use his quickness and instinct to play LB.

NastySlot
02-22-2008, 10:35 AM
My alma mater lost by three points to CS and 12 points to LH. ;)

that loss to LH was more of what LH didn't do then what Rockdale did.

Txbroadcaster
02-22-2008, 10:43 AM

That sounds alot like a Celina fan there..never giving credit to the opposition

Silverback 04
02-22-2008, 10:46 AM

I semi agree. Didn't think Rockdale was in the top 4 or 5 teams LH played, and I saw all but 1 game. However, in Rockdales defense, at least 1 LH player stated that they were more worried about them than any other district foe even though the district was weak this year.

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Rockdale came on strong toward the end of the year when everyone got healthy. Lost to division 1 state champion by 12 and they were the only team to lead LH all season at halftime. In the first round of playoffs lost to division 2 state finalist, China Spring, on a last second field goal.

Adidas410s
02-22-2008, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Nope...he has picked up offers from LSU and Tennessee this week...and many think that Texas will try to give him their used car salesman tactics followed by a "limited time offer" this weekend.

Txbroadcaster
02-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Nope...he has picked up offers from LSU and Tennessee this week...and many think that Texas will try to give him their used car salesman tactics followed by a "limited time offer" this weekend.

So if he commits now will he get the seat warmer option from Texas?

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Silverback 04
In the mold of a smaller Roy Williams type, yes, he will come up and knock the piss out of you, but he couldn't cover at the D1 level. College football is full of guys that run legitamate 4.5 forties even at the small college level, and 4.8 ain't gonna cover that, no matter how you spin it. Nothing is impossible but I would rather see him go small college somewhere and use his quickness and instinct to play LB. Oh okay. I thought he was faster, well at least he looks fast on the field. Any insight to where he may go?

I know Portier should have went D1.

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
That sounds alot like a Celina fan there..never giving credit to the opposition
He's not a LH fan and I've seen plenty of "US" give credit to Rockdale. Go back to the post-game thread.

I've said it before (somewhere). Sometimes there is a game or two that seems to kick-start a team.....or the opposite. IMO, that game helped give Rockdale the confidence it needed. And it was a good swift kick in the butt to us. Yes, Casey - 12 pts.....we knelt.

NastySlot
02-22-2008, 11:27 AM
He's not a LH fan and I've seen plenty of "US" give credit to Rockdale. Go back to the post-game thread.

I've said it before (somewhere). Sometimes there is a game or two that seems to kick-start a team.....or the opposite. IMO, that game helped give Rockdale the confidence it needed. And it was a good swift kick in the butt to us. Yes, Casey - 12 pts.....we knelt.

right im not a panther...just a fan of the program they are building over there(or have built)......................scores aren't always as bad as they look and can be a lot worse then they look.

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 11:29 AM

I've said it before (somewhere). Sometimes there is a game or two that seems to kick-start a team.....or the opposite. IMO, that game helped give Rockdale the confidence it needed. And it was a good swift kick in the butt to us. Yes, Casey - 12 pts.....we knelt. No shame in doing that. Class and respect are given to each other from what I understood. At least you don't run up the score like Cuero. :devil: :D Kidding!

DaHop72
02-22-2008, 11:29 AM
Rockdale came on strong toward the end of the year when everyone got healthy. Lost to division 1 state champion by 12 and they were the only team to lead LH all season at halftime. In the first round of playoffs lost to division 2 state finalist, China Spring, on a last second field goal. And that compares how, to Gilmer being the state runner-up?:thinking: :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
02-22-2008, 11:31 AM
No shame in doing that. Class and respect are given to each other from what I understood.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Txbroadcaster

Oh I know the classy LH fans and ur one of them..I was just making the overall comment that the comment was not giving Rockdale credit

Old Tiger
Originally posted by DaHop72
And that compares how, to Gilmer being the state runner-up?:thinking: :rolleyes: :confused:

Silverback 04
02-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Rockdale came on strong toward the end of the year when everyone got healthy. Lost to division 1 state champion by 12 and they were the only team to lead LH all season at halftime. In the first round of playoffs lost to division 2 state finalist, China Spring, on a last second field goal.

Nope, also trailed Burnet at the half 17-7.

DaHop72
02-22-2008, 11:40 AM
:confused: Gilmer loses in the state finals, Rockdale loses in the first round. How does that compare??
:thinking: :thinking:

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Gilmer loses in the state finals, Rockdale loses in the first round. How does that compare??
:thinking: :thinking: I never said it did.

DaHop72
02-22-2008, 11:47 AM
I never said it did. Stating that Gilmer was blown out and that Rockdale played LH and CS close.
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9886/cazwateveroo1.gif

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Stating that Gilmer was blown out and that Rockdale played LH and CS close.
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9886/cazwateveroo1.gif Those are true statements.

DaHop72
02-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Those are true statements. But no comparison by the statements:thinking:

:nerd: :nerd:

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 11:51 AM
But no comparison by the statements:thinking:

:nerd: :nerd: I don't think I ever compared them?

coachc45
02-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Gilmer loses in the state finals, Rockdale loses in the first round. How does that compare??
:thinking: :thinking:

I guess what you could say is that if Gilmer would've had to play them before the title game..... someone else woulda made state finalist.

Not taking anything away from Gilmer, but the only comparison that could be made was how bad they lost to a common opponent. Rockdale could argue, very convincingly, that the only reason they weren't in the finals is geography!

DaHop72
02-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by coachc45
I guess what you could say is that if Gilmer would've had to play them before the title game..... someone else woulda made state finalist.

Not taking anything away from Gilmer, but the only comparison that could be made was how bad they lost to a common opponent. Rockdale could argue, very convincingly, that the only reason they weren't in the finals is geography! I would think that there are alot of teams who could make this same arguement about geography and the scenerio you have presented. The reality is that Gilmer played in the State Championship game and Rockdale went out in the first round.

OldBison75
02-22-2008, 03:35 PM
TO SAY THAT ROCKDALE COULD ARGUE THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE FINALS EXCEPT FOR GEOGRAPHY, TO PUT IT MIDLY IS POOP. IF YOU USE THAT LOGIC, THEN WHY NOT SAY THAT LAGRANGE WOULD HAVE BEEN REGIONAL CHAMPS IF THEY DID'NT HAVE TO PLAY GIDDINGS, NAVASOTA, AND CALDWELL. IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, OR ANY SPORT, MIRACLE PERFORMANCES AND MAJOR LAPSES CAUSE UPSETS AND NEAR UPSETS EVERY WEEK. USUALLY THESE ARE EVENED OUT OVER THE LONG SEASON, BUT YOU CAN'T JUDGE A TEAM ON ONE FRIDAY NIGHT'S GAME. EXAMPLE, IS TAMU BETTER THAN SOMEONE ELSE JUST BECAUSE THEY BEAT TEXAS. THE LONG SEASON BEARS OUT THAT THEY WERE BETTER THAT DAY IN THAT GAME--BUT ONLY A MID CONFERENCE RANKED TEAM FOR THE YEAR. GIVE ROCKDALE CREDIT FOR AN OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE ON ONE GAME.

Silverback 04
02-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Bison, you are as wise as you are old. If that makes sense.

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 03:47 PM
NM

Old Tiger
02-22-2008, 03:49 PM
I would think that there are alot of teams who could make this same arguement about geography and the scenerio you have presented. The reality is that Gilmer played in the State Championship game and Rockdale went out in the first round. Most are in region III. There are a lot of teams in Region III that could beat those in region IV, I, and II. The chances were greater for those weaker regions to get to the title game than the dog fight it is in region III.

Adidas410s
02-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
TO SAY THAT ROCKDALE COULD ARGUE THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE FINALS EXCEPT FOR GEOGRAPHY, TO PUT IT MIDLY IS POOP. IF YOU USE THAT LOGIC, THEN WHY NOT SAY THAT LAGRANGE WOULD HAVE BEEN REGIONAL CHAMPS IF THEY DID'NT HAVE TO PLAY GIDDINGS, NAVASOTA, AND CALDWELL. IN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, OR ANY SPORT, MIRACLE PERFORMANCES AND MAJOR LAPSES CAUSE UPSETS AND NEAR UPSETS EVERY WEEK. USUALLY THESE ARE EVENED OUT OVER THE LONG SEASON, BUT YOU CAN'T JUDGE A TEAM ON ONE FRIDAY NIGHT'S GAME. EXAMPLE, IS TAMU BETTER THAN SOMEONE ELSE JUST BECAUSE THEY BEAT TEXAS. THE LONG SEASON BEARS OUT THAT THEY WERE BETTER THAT DAY IN THAT GAME--BUT ONLY A MID CONFERENCE RANKED TEAM FOR THE YEAR. GIVE ROCKDALE CREDIT FOR AN OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE ON ONE GAME.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Texas Tech beats Texas A&M by 28
Texas Tech loses to Texas by 16

So one could assume that Texas should DEFINITELY beat Texas A&M...and by up to 44 points.

Texas A&M 38
Texas 30

Upsets happen!!! ;)

OldBison75
02-22-2008, 04:00 PM
GO BLUE,
THE RULES SIMPLY SAY THAT YOU HAVE TO WIN YOUR DISTRICT FIRST, THEN UP TO THE REGIONS, THEN TO THE SEMI'S THEN THE FINALS. A GOOD TEAM WILL TAKE EM AS THEY COME AND NOT WORRY ABOUT WHO HAS THE BEST, WEAKEST, OR EASIEST PATH TO THE PRIZE. THE GREAT THING IS THAT THE TEAM THAT HAS TO FIGHT HARD EVERY WEEK, IS DEFINITELY MORE PREPARED TO FACE THE BEST FROM OTHER REGIONS. BEING THE BEST IS NOT A PRODUCT OF WHO YOU PLAY WHERE AND WHEN--IT IS THE PRODUCT OF HARD WORK, STRONG SELF DISCIPLINE, A STRONG PROGRAM, EXCELLENT COACHING, AND A HEART THAT YEARNS TO WIN AND REFUSES TO LOSE. WHEN ROCKDALE REACHES THOSE LOFTY STANDARDS, THEY WILL BE RECOGNIZED AMONG THE ELITE FOR THE YEARS THEY MAINTAIN THAT LEVEL. BUT LIKE A SATELLITE, EVEN THE MOST TECHINALLY ADVANCED WILL FALL SOMEDAY.