PDA

View Full Version : Newly discovered JFK assassination items revealed

kaorder1999
02-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Am I the only one that finds this interesting?

MORE JFK ASSASINATION INFO (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/021908dnmetjfkdocs.11944de.html)

Macarthur
02-18-2008, 01:47 PM
No. I think it's interesting, too. So basically this points to the mob being behind it all?

kaorder1999
02-18-2008, 01:48 PM
yeah...if its authenic...

kaorder1999
02-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Newly discovered JFK assassination items revealed

12:22 PM CST on Monday, February 18, 2008
From Wire Reports

Long-hidden items and documents relating to the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy have been revealed for the first time in decades.

Dallas County District Attorney Craig Watkins presented the items at a news conference Monday. Watkins says they had been locked in a safe for nearly two decades and that investigators had made him aware of them after he took office in 2006.

Among the items are documents relating to Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald and his killer, Jack Ruby, including a transcript of a purported conversation between them about killing the president. Gary Mack, curator of the Sixth Floor Museum near where the president was shot, hasn't seen the transcript but doubts it's real.

The items also include Ruby's brown leather gun holster, two brass knuckles found on Ruby when he was arrested and a movie contract former Dallas District Attorney Henry Wade signed.

kaorder1999
02-18-2008, 01:52 PM
CLICK HERE to read transcript (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/02-08/0219rubyoswald.pdf)

JR2004
02-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
Am I the only one that finds this interesting?

MORE JFK ASSASINATION INFO (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/021908dnmetjfkdocs.11944de.html)

Read about this yesterday. I find it interesting, but I think some of this is possibly fake. It would give creedence to the two men who wrote a book that his death is mob connected, but I don't think all of what was found is factual.

kaorder1999
02-18-2008, 02:05 PM
oh...i agree some might be fake but the question i have is WHY was is kept in a vault? Why not thrown away?

Gobbla2001
02-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
oh...i agree some might be fake but the question i have is WHY was is kept in a vault? Why not thrown away?

one of the biggest stories in the history of our country... memorabilia? extra fuel to be brought out with the conspiracy is running low?

The Rocket is asking the same thing, "Why keep it in a miller lite can, why not throw it away?

jason
02-18-2008, 02:21 PM
the transcript reads too much like a movie script...

i dont believe it....

waterboy
02-18-2008, 02:59 PM
Lee Harvey Oswald, acting alone, killed John Fitzgerald Kennedy on November 22, 1963, in Dallas, Texas. I think that is what happened.

As far as a conspiracy, there were only rumors as to who wanted him dead and why. Unless they can unearth some REAL evidence there is no reason to continue beating a dead horse, so to speak. For many years I thought there had to be some sort of cover up because of all the rumors (i.e. shot from the grassy knoll, Jack Ruby's insinuations, Oswald's claim that he was a 'patsy', 3 hired mercenaries from France, among others) but after reviewing the evidence that was presented I've come to the conclusion that Oswald acted alone. There was a documentary on the History Channel that presented the evidence in a way that made it ENTIRELY plausible that Oswalt acted alone, thus the Warren Commission was dead-on with their conclusion of what happened that day. Unless they find REAL evidence to the contrary, I'll believe what the Warren Commission said happened.

I will say this though, I believe that if Oswald hadn't have assassinated President Kennedy that day, someone else would have at a later date.

Johnny 5
02-18-2008, 03:34 PM
I am going with BS on the story . . . and BS on Oswald only.

thewyliefan
02-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
I am going with BS on the story . . . and BS on Oswald only.

im agreeing with you on this

IHStangFan
02-18-2008, 04:25 PM
if authentic, and the mob WERE behind the assassination...my question is this......why? Why would the mob take it upon themselves to assassinate the president? What could they possibly gain from it? Now....if the mob had a hand in it...who put them up to it? i.e. paid for the hit?

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 04:28 PM
Fidel Castro....

heck I don't know, I have forgotten more history than I can remember.:cool:

Txbroadcaster
02-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
if authentic, and the mob WERE behind the assassination...my question is this......why? Why would the mob take it upon themselves to assassinate the president? What could they possibly gain from it? Now....if the mob had a hand in it...who put them up to it? i.e. paid for the hit?

First, I believe Oswald acting alone..The JFK show Peter Jennings hosted pretty much went line by line and destroyed conspiracy theories

BUT..the Mafia was mad at the Kennedy supposedly because they helped the Kennedys in elections, and then RFK became hell bent on toppling the mob, and that made all the Kennedy family targets

Again I personally believe Oswald acted alone