PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood hosting Oklahoma teams in baseball

bwdlionfan
02-18-2008, 08:54 AM
From the Brownwood Bulletin:

"On March 18 and 21, Brownwood will receive visits from teams from Elk City and Chickasha, Okla."

Daddy D 11
02-18-2008, 09:50 AM
is this for the Brownwood Bluebonnet Classic?

bwdlionfan
02-18-2008, 09:57 AM
I have no idea, that's a tuesday and a friday, but that's during spring break.

Daddy D 11
02-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Just curious, last year the Brownwood baseball tournament had some pretty good talent in it.

and i think the tournament is still on the first weekend of spring break, so that would mean they are not in the tournament.

BwdLion_80
02-18-2008, 12:12 PM
The Bluebonnet tournament is on March 6.7, and 8. It is supposed to be another very good field this year too! I will be umpiring there too! Just don't yell at me, I have a tendency to have a trigger finger when it comes to fans yelling at me.;) :D :D

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by BwdLion_80
The Bluebonnet tournament is on March 6.7, and 8. It is supposed to be another very good field this year too! I will be umpiring there too! Just don't yell at me, I have a tendency to have a trigger finger when it comes to fans yelling at me.;) :D :D
I certainly hope he doesn't yell at you. :eek: :eek: :D

GreenMonster
02-18-2008, 12:43 PM
The Bluebonnet tournament is on March 6.7, and 8. It is supposed to be another very good field this year too! I will be umpiring there too! Just don't yell at me, I have a tendency to have a trigger finger when it comes to fans yelling at me.;) :D :D try to get TSO to sponsor you and wear their logo on your back when calling home plate. That should at least draw a giggle or 2.

BwdLion_80
02-18-2008, 12:51 PM
It is already on my hat! It just has an A in between the T and the S. It is that way to throw the average fan off.

STANG RED
02-18-2008, 01:11 PM

Come on UMP! He beat that throw by a mile, the last strike you called was waaaaaay outside, and pitcher balked anyway. YOU SUCK UMP!!! :devil: :p :D

Just wanted to help thicken your skin a bit before the season starts.;)

BwdLion_80
02-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Hey, I remember you from last year!:D

Also, my season has already started, as i call softball too. This past weekend in Mineral Wells, I ejected a girl, that I called out at first, after she went back towards the dugout and she yelled at me, saying "don't you know what the base looks like, it is that square white thing right there". She was also drawing a square in the air with her hands. She really showed me.:doh: On the play the girl playing first base dropped the throw, picked up the ball and missed first base with her foot on the first try, but she came back and touched the base just before the batter/runner touched the base. Even the first base coach knew she was out, he did not question a thing. When the HC came over and asked why she was ejected and I explained to her what happened, she asked the girl if she did it all, and she told the coach that she did. The coach then turned around and said that their team "quit" the game, and they forfeited the game. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

STANG RED
02-18-2008, 01:38 PM

Also, my season has already started, as i call softball too. This past weekend in Mineral Wells, I ejected a girl, that I called out at first, after she went back towards the dugout and she yelled at me, saying "don't you know what the base looks like, it is that square white thing right there". She was also drawing a square in the air with her hands. She really showed me.:doh: On the play the girl playing first base dropped the throw, picked up the ball and missed first base with her foot on the first try, but she came back and touched the base just before the batter/runner touched the base. Even the first base coach knew she was out, he did not question a thing. When the HC came over and asked why she was ejected and I explained to her what happened, she asked the girl if she did it all, and she told the coach that she did. The coach then turned around and said that their team "quit" the game, and they forfeited the game. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of coaches that make the whole team pay for the poor actions of one player. She could have been dealt with on an individual basis. But maybe the coach was trying to make a statement about team unity and all that. Might have been the most effective thing to do.

HippoBaseball05
02-18-2008, 04:44 PM
....instead of the 'dogs' we are scheduled to play in our first two tourneys.

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 04:48 PM

wow -- that's making a statement! Sassy little thing would be running til she puked if I were her coach and then she'd run some more the next day! :mad:

Matthew328
02-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by bwdlionfan
From the Brownwood Bulletin:

"On March 18 and 21, Brownwood will receive visits from teams from Elk City and Chickasha, Okla."

I've been to Chickasha, OK....nice football stadium for Okie standards

Daddy D 11
02-18-2008, 10:23 PM

did you ump last year?

BwdLion_80
02-18-2008, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Daddy D 11
did you ump last year?

Yes, I called in the tournament last year. I did not call Liberty Hill though. I had Burnet, Brownwood, El Paso, Fredricksburg (I think). It was a great tournament and should be very good this year too.

Daddy D 11
02-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Yes, I called in the tournament last year. I did not call Liberty Hill though. I had Burnet, Brownwood, El Paso, Fredricksburg (I think). It was a great tournament and should be very good this year too.

agreed. The enviroment is awesome, loved the whole smokey field atmosphere from the BBQ PITS haha