Isint it great, 5 days of fun!

piratebg
02-18-2008, 08:09 AM
My favorite day of the week. :(

navscanmaster
02-18-2008, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Gsquared
Isint it great, 5 days of fun!

unless you have a rotating 8 day schedule like me. then it's 2 days of work and three of play while the rest of you normal people are suffering through wednesday, thursday and friday!!:D

of course, a few weeks from now, I'll be eating those words.:(

crzyjournalist03
02-18-2008, 10:16 AM
Some people have today off to celebrate our great Presidents. Not me though. :(

Gobbla2001
02-18-2008, 10:26 AM
I guess the Taiwanese like Bush because us straight dayers at work are off today :D

Gsquared
02-18-2008, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I guess the Taiwanese like Bush because us straight dayers at work are off today :D
Lucky dog!

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Some people have today off to celebrate our great Presidents. Not me though. :(

We had to work on MLK day so I'm glad to be off on this great holiday.

crzyjournalist03
02-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
We had to work on MLK day so I'm glad to be off on this great holiday.

I have to work both...no holidays between New Year's and Memorial Day. :(

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2008, 11:48 AM
I had the "pleasure" of going to court. I really wanted to give my side of the story, but the speeding ticket was dismissed before I could. Just as well, because that was the whole point of going to court - I wasn't speeding. :D

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I had the "pleasure" of going to court. I really wanted to give my side of the story, but the speeding ticket was dismissed before I could. Just as well, because that was the whole point of going to court - I wasn't speeding. :D

Didn't the issuing officer show up?

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Didn't the issuing officer show up?
He was there, but he left. :eek: :D

I've been griping to p4s about this since it happened in December. :mad: It is physically impossible to have been travelling the speed he "said" I was going without wreckless driving. I didn't fight the brake lamp bulb being burned out, because it was......which IMO is the only reason he stopped me to begin with. :rolleyes: B was with me at the time and asked how the slowest driving person in Liberty Hill can get pulled over for speeding. :doh:

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 12:04 PM
B was with me at the time and asked how the slowest driving person in Liberty Hill can get pulled over for speeding. :doh:

:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

44INAROW
02-18-2008, 12:30 PM
you off today APPF? Some of the banks here are closed but Wells Fargo is open

oops.. hijack alert:eek: :devil:

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
you off today APPF? Some of the banks here are closed but Wells Fargo is open

oops.. hijack alert:eek: :devil:

I am at work...the other bank's here are closed too (Prosperity, Bank of America...not sure about IBC).

My boss, in his infinite wisdom, decided that we were giving up 4 holidays a couple of years ago. We don't get President's Day, Veteran's Day, MLK day and one other one I can't think of):mad:

crzyjournalist03
02-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I am at work...the other bank's here are closed too (Prosperity, Bank of America...not sure about IBC).

My boss, in his infinite wisdom, decided that we were giving up 4 holidays a couple of years ago. We don't get President's Day, Veteran's Day, MLK day and one other one I can't think of):mad:

Colombus Day?

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Colombus Day?

That is correct! :)

Gobbla2001
02-18-2008, 01:58 PM
It is physically impossible to have been travelling the speed he "said" I was going without wreckless driving.

I was discussing this with my friend the other day... he and most others (he says) don't pull the wreckless driving via speeding card out unless the car is weaving in and out of traffic while heavily speeding or extremely speeding through school zones/"slow children" zones (basically only if the person is making the road dangerous for countless others)... it's an arrest and they don't want to arrest everyone possible so they give you a speeding ticket... plus the penalty for being charged with wreckless driving is a lot, esspecially if you just went 20 over for a few seconds...

Lion_Addict
02-18-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm just having a lovely day here at the PD. Looking accross the lobby at the closed window of the Sherrif's Dept. They get every freakin holiday off.....it just ain't fair durnit!!!! And on top of that, I got the freakin flu.......AGAIN!

Gobbla2001
02-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
I'm just having a lovely day here at the PD. Looking accross the lobby at the closed window of the Sherrif's Dept. They get every freakin holiday off.....it just ain't fair durnit!!!! And on top of that, I got the freakin flu.......AGAIN!

they let inmates on the downlow now? wth!

Lion_Addict
02-18-2008, 02:07 PM
they let inmates on the downlow now? wth!

HA HA! Yeah, we get special treatment around here!!:D

Gobbla2001
02-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Lion_Addict
HA HA! Yeah, we get special treatment around here!!:D

they didn't even let me take my harmonica in... I wanted to play the blues...

Lion_Addict
02-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Don't worry dude.....I'm outside the bars;)

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2008, 02:41 PM
I was discussing this with my friend the other day... he and most others (he says) don't pull the wreckless driving via speeding card out unless the car is weaving in and out of traffic while heavily speeding or extremely speeding through school zones/"slow children" zones (basically only if the person is making the road dangerous for countless others)... it's an arrest and they don't want to arrest everyone possible so they give you a speeding ticket... plus the penalty for being charged with wreckless driving is a lot, esspecially if you just went 20 over for a few seconds...
:p Well.....if I would've been going 39, I would've crossed double yellow-striped lines, on a curve, and would've been in oncoming traffic. :eek: (It's a 30 mph zone, I was doing 25.)