PDA

View Full Version : A question about Ft. Stockton

Ranger Mom
10-15-2002, 09:25 PM
Weren't they 4-A just a couple of years ago?? Evidently they don't have a freshman or J.V. team. Just found out today Kermit doesn't have a JV team. Our JV is playing Kermit freshman Thursday and the Freshman are playing Ozona. They have no one to play next week (Ft. Stockton), they were open the next week so we didn't have to go to PResidio. I hope Pecos has someone to play or else this Thursday will be my kids last game this season!
Where are all the players going?? I can't believe that Ft. Stockton wouldn't have a full roster at every level!! They are ALOT bigger than Greenwood, aren't they??

wildstangs
10-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Ranger Mom:
Weren't they 4-A just a couple of years ago?? Evidently they don't have a freshman or J.V. team. Just found out today Kermit doesn't have a JV team. Our JV is playing Kermit freshman Thursday and the Freshman are playing Ozona. They have no one to play next week (Ft. Stockton), they were open the next week so we didn't have to go to PResidio. I hope Pecos has someone to play or else this Thursday will be my kids last game this season!
Where are all the players going?? I can't believe that Ft. Stockton wouldn't have a full roster at every level!! They are ALOT bigger than Greenwood, aren't they??That surprises me that Stockton doesnt have a JV or fish team. They are one of the larger 3A schools in the state. When you dont win for a long time kids start quitting. But I figured they would be confident with the drop down that they could be competitive.

sinton66
10-15-2002, 09:59 PM
They are indeed large, uil shows an enrollment of 727 vs Greenwood's 517. That is unusual that they wouldn't have a JV.

Wtx_coach
10-16-2002, 04:55 PM
Ranger Mom:
Where are all the players going?? I can't believe that Ft. Stockton wouldn't have a full roster at every level!! They are ALOT bigger than Greenwood, aren't they??From what I hear Ft.Stockton does have a j.v team unless a injury bug hit them, but I dont know for sure, and Presidios varstiy team is playing all the j.v teams of the teams they were suppose to play, and pecos has a j.v team but they have combined the freshman and j.v due to grades at then end of the 6 weeks, so it looks like your son has a few more games left.

Ranger Mom
10-16-2002, 05:33 PM
Maybe I just heard wrong. My son is on the Freshman team so maybe our JV is playing Stockton. Hopefully by the time we play Pecos, grades will have come out and they can divide the team up again. If Greenwood Freshman and JV combine, the freshman get NO playing time.
We used to always play Big Spring on the "Presidio" week, but the past few years they were so mean and played so dirty, Coach Purser decided not to put them on the schedule again!!