PDA

View Full Version : #15 Orangefield vs #5 Navasota (34-3)

HEMOTOXIC
02-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Girls basketball Tuesday Night @ Kingwood Atascocita High or Kingwood High....

More details to come.

zebrablue2
02-16-2008, 10:20 PM
good luck to the lady rattlers. KEEP IT GOING..........

88bobcats
02-16-2008, 10:45 PM
I understand that the game will be Tuesday night at 7pm in Tarkington. This is going to be a good one, and I'm looking forward to it.

As I remember it, Fred Brent left Orangefield to become an administrator at Navasota. Is he still there?

Go Lady 'Cats! Skin the snakes!

I believe!

striker
02-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Brent left Navasota 2 years ago to become the Superintendent at nearby Anderson-Shiro.

navscanmaster
02-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Go Lady Rattlers! This is the year for the exclamation point, finally!

ProudHornetMom
02-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Pulling for the Lady Rattlers! Have a great game and a great win on Tuesday.

HEMOTOXIC
02-17-2008, 07:34 PM
I still haven't heard the details for the matchup. I sure hope that it isn't in Tarkington.

Cat22
02-17-2008, 10:08 PM
Tuesday 7pm @ Tarkington

HEMOTOXIC
02-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Cat22
Tuesday 7pm @ Tarkington

Thanks

Go Lady Rattlers! Take State!

HEMOTOXIC
02-18-2008, 12:07 PM
Ok, the game will be played Tuesday at Humble Atascocita High @ 7 pm. For those who don't know, it is the same high school that the Lady Rattlers played WOS last season in the playoffs.

navscanmaster
02-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Ok, the game will be played Tuesday at Humble Atascocita High @ 7 pm. For those who don't know, it is the same high school that the Lady Rattlers played WOS last season in the playoffs.

Are you sure this time? I remember brazossports.com saying Tarkington. If you are 100% positive, please post so.

Cat22
02-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Yes it is set now. Humble Atascocita High @ 7 pm

Cat22
02-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Game can be heard at the link below. Remember these are Orangefield broadcasters so they may be a little partial to the Lady Bobcats! :D

When the page pulls up, click on the flashing link at the left of the page that says "click here to listen to high school sports"

http://kogt.com/kogt_sports.htm

HEMOTOXIC
02-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Go Lady Rattlers!

Rattle the Orangefield Lady Bobcats!

Btw, I have only stated that the game would be played in Kingwood/Humble. Not once did I state that the game would be played else where. A final decision wasnt made until Monday morning after the two schools met. So, I am unsure where Tarkington came from.

Thanks.

navscanmaster
02-19-2008, 05:20 PM

Btw, I have only stated that the game would be played in Kingwood/Humble. Not once did I state that the game would be played else where. A final decision wasnt made until Monday morning after the two schools met. So, I am unsure where Tarkington came from.

Thanks.

Wasn't digging at you in particular. Just bewilderment on my part that the eagle had it wrong. That is where most of the people are going to get their info from.

HEMOTOXIC
02-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Wasn't digging at you in particular. Just bewilderment on my part that the eagle had it wrong. That is where most of the people are going to get their info from.

You're right. I wonder why it took so long for themto make a decision!? Any event, it is safe to say that the winner will play at Sam Houston Friday and Saturday. Lol

Cat22
02-19-2008, 08:23 PM
17-13 Orangefield after 1.

Cat22
02-19-2008, 08:52 PM
27-26 Navasota at half!

setxsports
02-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Game tied late 4th

LH Panther Mom
02-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by **********
Game tied late 4th
Wow! Navasota had a 15-pt lead when I turned it off a little while ago.

Cat22
02-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Going to OT!

setxsports
02-19-2008, 09:53 PM
OF robbed on Tech!!

striker
02-19-2008, 10:05 PM
What a game. Great job Navasota Girls.

HEMOTOXIC
02-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by **********
OF robbed on Tech!!

Very biased opinion!!!!
Navasota was initially robbed with that very questionable foul to give the Lady Bobcats three free throws with 1 second to go.....

eagles_victory
02-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Very biased opinion!!!!
Navasota was initially robbed with that very questionable foul to give the Lady Bobcats three free throws with 1 second to go..... If your not smart enough to not be in the position to foul on a half court shot with 1 second left you dont deserve to win.

HEMOTOXIC
02-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
If your not smart enough to not be in the position to foul on a half court shot with 1 second left you dont deserve to win.

Well, that is the very point. It wasn't a foul. The player shot the ball and it was blocked. No contact we ever made with the player. That sir, consitutes a foul. But, it's all over now. Orangefield played a good game. As I have stated in other posts, the game shouldn't have come down to the refs making such critical calls.

Good luck to Orangefield next season.

Go Lady Rattlers! Take State!

mwynn05
02-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Well, that is the very point. It wasn't a foul. The player shot the ball and it was blocked. No contact we ever made with the player. That sir, consitutes a foul. But, it's all over now. Orangefield played a good game. As I have stated in other posts, the game shouldn't have come down to the refs making such critical calls.

Go Lady Rattlers! Take State! he probably knows more basketball than you ever will and why try and block a half court shot

eagles_victory
02-20-2008, 01:42 PM

Go Lady Rattlers! Take State! I actually saw the same ending to a Whitehouse and Georgetown Senior little dribblers game one time thats the only time I have ever seen a finish like that. But you have to give credit to both the Orangfield girl and the Navsota girl for both knocking down clutch free throws.

HEMOTOXIC
02-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
he probably knows more basketball than you ever will and why try and block a half court shot

Maybe, but, I doubt it. She wasn't seeking to block the shot, she just was in the neighborhood. I.E. Hakeem Olajuwon blocking John Starks in the 94 finals. It was very similar to that. The ref decided to take matters into his hands. It was a poor call, PERIOD!

HEMOTOXIC
02-20-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I actually saw the same ending to a Whitehouse and Georgetown Senior little dribblers game one time thats the only time I have ever seen a finish like that. But you have to give credit to both the Orangfield girl and the Navsota girl for both knocking down clutch free throws.

Thank you. I am not saying that she should have attempted to block the shot. She is a competitor and you have to make split second decisions. However, I just hate when officials are so biased and you can see it. It hurts the teams who have worked so hard all year long.

buff4life
02-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Thank you. I am not saying that she should have attempted to block the shot. She is a competitor and you have to make split second decisions. However, I just hate when officials are so biased and you can see it. It hurts the teams who have worked so hard all year long.

Not saying YOUR opinion is biased...but some biased opinions would say she didn't TOUCH her but in reality she probably did just didn't touch her enough for the foul

navscanmaster
02-20-2008, 06:38 PM
As I said in the other thread, Congratulations are due to the Orangefield Lady Bobcats for doing the impossible and almost pulling off the most unthinkable comeback ever. Navasota was probably due a crazy comeback against them from district 21 (sorry Jasper!). But there is nothing to be sorry about, as most teams would have thrown in the towel already with less than 3 to go. Next to a 1 point boys win in Conroe against Oak Ridge some years back, it is the most exciting game I have ever seen. And as time goes on, it just may surpass that.

Hopefully, this will wake up the Lady Rattlers and charge them up for the rest of the path to the state finals. Sure they may have beat up on some 5A's and 4A's earlier this year, but so did many of the remaining 3A playoff teams. Their early round fallouts the last few years, and almost this year, probably have a lot to do with the way they just cruise through district every year. And with Smithville being replaced by Madisonville as the second best contender next year, it will probably stay like that years to come, assuming they keep the program at it's current high standing.

I am proud of these Lady Rattlers. They have a Celina-like record that is state best the last four years at 135-12. And they only went 57-9 the two years before that. When I was in school, they were just coming up from the days of losing to Anderson-Shiro.