PDA

View Full Version : 02-15-07 Softball Results

Phil C
02-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I know many teams are in tournaments this time of year and game times are confusing but we just have to do the best we can. Last night in non-district Sinton beat 4A Flour Bluff 16 to 0 in 4 innings. That score shocked me because Flour Bluff is usually pretty good. Great start at 2 - 0 for the Sinton Lady Pirates.

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 12:34 PM
We play Flour Bluff tonight.

Our girls won our "Bash at the Pass" tournament this weekend. They went undefeated for 5 games with our 6th game being cancelled against Orange Grove (they already had a couple of losses and the weather was starting to worsen).

Teams played were Rockport, Refugio, Salado, Industrial and Taft.

44INAROW
02-18-2008, 12:39 PM
We play Skidmore-Tynan tonight beginning @ 5 with the JV. Wonder if the AD will be making the trip ;)

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan

Our girls won our "Bash at the Pass" tournament this weekend. They went undefeated for 5 games with our 6th game being cancelled against Orange Grove (they already had a couple of losses and the weather was starting to worsen).

Teams played were Rockport, Refugio, Salado, Industrial and Taft.

Where do you guys play?

I was wondering who all showed up at your tourney this year! Interesting field. Salado must have a nice travel budget. They were at our basketball tourney.

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Teams played - Salado.
WOW! That's a DRIVE! :eek:

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Where do you guys play?

I was wondering who all showed up at your tourney this year! Interesting field. Salado must have a nice travel budget. They were at our basketball tourney.

We play here. It was actually supposed to be tomorrow, but got re-scheduled for tonight because of bb playoffs.

As for Salado, yes I guess they do have a pretty nice travel budget. From what I heard, they stayed at the Best Western in Rockport. :mad:

I think we have a tournament next weekend in Skidmore-Tynan. Not alot of interesting ways to pass the time there...I hope they have a dairy queen.;)

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 12:59 PM
We play here. It was actually supposed to be tomorrow, but got re-scheduled for tonight because of bb playoffs.

As for Salado, yes I guess they do have a pretty nice travel budget. From what I heard, they stayed at the Best Western in Rockport. :mad:

I think we have a tournament next weekend in Skidmore-Tynan. Not alot of interesting ways to pass the time there...I hope they have a dairy queen.;)

We go to Robstown this week for their tourney. Not sure who all is in it this year.

Next week we'll be in Corpus for Mira's. I see Aransas Pass will be there also. Tough pool for you guys: Ray, Calallen, Port Lavaca & AP

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 01:20 PM

Next week we'll be in Corpus for Mira's. I see Aransas Pass will be there also. Tough pool for you guys: Ray, Calallen, Port Lavaca & AP

:eek:

I wonder if we played in that tournament last year....hmmm.

sinton66
02-18-2008, 01:23 PM
...I hope they have a dairy queen.;)

They do indeed.

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 02:16 PM
:eek:

I wonder if we played in that tournament last year....hmmm.

Yes, AP was there last year.

We get:

Moody, Kerrville Tivy & Austin Akins

Should be fun!

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Yes, AP was there last year.

We get:

Moody, Kerrville Tivy & Austin Akins

Should be fun!

Y'all have already beat Moody once, correct? What was the score?

Do you know much about the other two teams?

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Y'all have already beat Moody once, correct? What was the score?

Do you know much about the other two teams?

We beat Moody 7-1.

Tivy is usually strong, but I have no clue about the Austin school. I think we played Tivy at this tourney 2 years ago and they advanced over us on # of runners reaching 3rd base. Pool play can be so frustrating. You can't afford to have a bad inning. They are timed games and you usually only get 3 or 4 innings of play in.

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 04:07 PM
We beat Moody 7-1.

Tivy is usually strong, but I have no clue about the Austin school. I think we played Tivy at this tourney 2 years ago and they advanced over us on # of runners reaching 3rd base. Pool play can be so frustrating. You can't afford to have a bad inning. They are timed games and you usually only get 3 or 4 innings of play in.

Didn't Sinton already play Flour Bluff too?

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Didn't Sinton already play Flour Bluff too?
Ummmmm, yeah - that's what started this thread. :p :doh: HAHA

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 05:45 PM
Ummmmm, yeah - that's what started this thread. :p :doh: HAHA

:nerd:

this is what happens when I start thinking about policemen, stolen cell phones, sticker burrs, discrimination against referees and softball all at the same time!:cool:

Congratulations on that win!:D

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 10:19 PM

AP JV 10, FB 5

AP Varsity 9, FB 1

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bull19
02-18-2008, 10:21 PM
is there a web site for softball that shows scores, rankings, etc?

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 10:38 PM
AP JV 10, FB 5

AP Varsity 9, FB 1

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Nice. How did C do tonight?

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
is there a web site for softball that shows scores, rankings, etc?

http://www.texasprepsoftball.net/

He doesn't do rankings, but he does a pretty good job of getting scores from around the state for all classifications. :clap:

3ABirdMan
02-19-2008, 02:28 PM
And he will WELCOME any informtion you send his way as far as schedules and scores go .............

87 TIGER
02-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Rockdale host Burnet tonight

Old Tiger
02-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by 87 TIGER
Rockdale host Burnet tonight scrimmage or game?

pirate4state
02-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
scrimmage or game? Game dude. Softball started last week.

Old Tiger
02-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Game dude. Softball started last week. sorry for not knowing. please forgive me knower of all :p