PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for Law Enforcement!!

navscanmaster
02-16-2008, 06:19 AM
Since 95% of them quietly and professionally do their jobs, I salute them. Not the 5% that screw up and get all the publicity from the newspapers. Three cheers for the thin blue line!:D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

charlesrixey
02-16-2008, 06:54 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3afan
02-16-2008, 07:05 AM
more like 1% "screw up" - or less

navscanmaster
02-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
more like 1% "screw up" - or less

Well, there is a margin of error for everything these days. :D

You're probably right though.

Z motion 10 out on 2
02-18-2008, 12:54 AM
Cheers for the men and women who serve!

Old Tiger
02-18-2008, 12:57 AM
i hate bacon.

navscanmaster
02-18-2008, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
i hate bacon.

Allergic to pork? Figured as much. Like 'em or love 'em, you would hate your little world without them.

piratebg
02-18-2008, 08:08 AM
Ain't nothing wrong with a little bacon. :D

Gobbla2001
02-18-2008, 08:29 AM
hats off to the jailors as well, they're pretty cool (unless they're taking your finger prints)...

DDBooger
02-18-2008, 09:00 AM
do they drug test officers? and does it check for steriods?

Gobbla2001
02-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
do they drug test officers? and does it check for steriods?

I know they drug test, I just don't know how it works (may be random or set dates)... dunno about for steroids or anything... I'll ask my friend...

I know they're all about the war on drugs though... my friend (sheriff's deputy) almost set up a drug deal one night while drinking at a bar... a guy was talking crap to all of us then my friend overheard him talking about selling some dope, so my friend asked him what his price was and was trying to set something up in his county while he was on patrol, but the barmaid pulled him aside and told him to stop...

we hated that guy and we were hopin' our guy could bust him one night... it would have been hilarious...

DDBooger
02-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I know they drug test, I just don't know how it works (may be random or set dates)... dunno about for steroids or anything... I'll ask my friend...

I know they're all about the war on drugs though... my friend (sheriff's deputy) almost set up a drug deal one night while drinking at a bar... a guy was talking crap to all of us then my friend overheard him talking about selling some dope, so my friend asked him what his price was and was trying to set something up in his county while he was on patrol, but the barmaid pulled him aside and told him to stop...

we hated that guy and we were hopin' our guy could bust him one night... it would have been hilarious... yeah but im willing to bet steroid abuse is a unrecognized problem within the force, and im hypothesizing. obviously, its not something that will be funded to be studied, and even self-report surveys likely won't yield any info. but the ones i do know, CCPD, are dirtier(re: steriod abuse) than sin! I understand the need for intimidation and force in their line of duty, i've seen the scum they deal with. That being said, having short tempers in that line of work only "enhances", for lack of a better word:D , the danger.

Johnny 5
02-18-2008, 11:20 AM
I used to be a cop. It was great. Got out because I got tired of the politics.

We did random drug testing. Ours went the full gamut from steroids to meth to cocaine to weed . . . and so on.

Two types of people in law enforcement. The kind that want to help, and the kind that like the power trip. Too many power trippers down here, sadly.

I really hate those red light cameras though

JasperDog94
02-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5
I really hate those red light cameras though Red light cameras are not about safety. They are about generating revenue.:mad: :mad:

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2008, 11:22 AM
The kind that want to help, and the kind that like the power trip. Too many power trippers down here, sadly.
IMO, it's not limited to where you are.

DDBooger
02-18-2008, 11:22 AM
and the kind that like the power trip. Too many power trippers down here, sadly.
i know the kind, the jerks who push people after leaving bars and clubs, and tell you to shut the _____ up when you say "im leaving" yeah those kind!:cool: haha i know they don't necessarily represent all police officers, but those guys need to be brought down to earth a bit!

Ranger Mom
02-18-2008, 11:25 AM
When I lived in Denton, I worked for the municipal court. One of my co-workers was married to one of the officers. She was a pot smoker and HIS drug busts was where she got her supply!!!:eek: :eek:

crzyjournalist03
02-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
When I lived in Denton, I worked for the municipal court. One of my co-workers was married to one of the officers. She was a pot smoker and HIS drug busts was were where she got her supply!!!:eek: :eek:

my guess is he didn't get lucky with his wife for quite some time...

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
IMO, it's not limited to where you are.

true, true...

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 11:32 AM
hmmm, steroids....

I just thought that most of them were overweight.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
hmmm, steroids....

I just thought that most of them were overweight.:thinking:
It's something to think about. ;)

Ranger Mom
02-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
my guess is he didn't get lucky with his wife for quite some time...

???:confused:

crzyjournalist03
02-18-2008, 11:37 AM
???:confused:

think about it...I'm sure she couldn't have been too thrilled with the fact that her husband had cut off her supply...

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 11:39 AM
think about it...I'm sure she couldn't have been too thrilled with the fact that her husband had cut off her supply... I think you misheard :p :p HAHAHAHA

Ranger Mom
02-18-2008, 11:40 AM
think about it...I'm sure she couldn't have been too thrilled with the fact that her husband had cut off her supply...

ROFL...he WAS her supply!! He probably got lucky quite a bit!!:D

They are divorced now, he is still with the Denton Police force, as a matter of fact!!!

crzyjournalist03
02-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I think you misheard :p :p HAHAHAHA

:doh: Now I see it...that could be taken both ways lol...

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 12:11 PM
:doh: Now I see it...that could be taken both ways lol...

I read it the way you did, if that makes you feel any better. ;)

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2008, 12:12 PM
I read it the way you did, if that makes you feel any better. ;)
That makes three of us. :D :doh:

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 12:13 PM
LOL @ you three :D

Ranger Mom
02-18-2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry for the confusion.

Her husband, the officer, was her connection!!

I don't know why that didn't shock me more back then!! Until I read this, I hadn't give it a thought for years!!!

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 12:19 PM
ROFL...he WAS her supply!! He probably got lucky quite a bit!!:D

They are divorced now, he is still with the Denton Police force, as a matter of fact!!!

Well, I hope she moved away, otherwise she might be on his list of people he can "officially" get even with.

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 12:25 PM
Well, I hope she moved away, otherwise she might be on his list of people he can "officially" get even with. Not if he doesn't want to go down too! :devil: I'm just saying...

LH Panther Mom
02-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Not if he doesn't want to go down too! :devil: I'm just saying...
So many replies......Nope, not going there. :devil:

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
So many replies......Nope, not going there. :devil: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: LOL

Ranger Mom
02-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Well, I hope she moved away, otherwise she might be on his list of people he can "officially" get even with.

Heck....she could probably get him into more trouble than he could her!!!

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Heck....she could probably get him into more trouble than he could her!!!

Maybe IF she could get anyone to believe her....that is a pretty big IF though. Think about it...:thinking:

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Maybe IF she could get anyone to believe her....that is a pretty big IF though. Think about it...:thinking: Well, Kellye could be her witness :evillol:

Ranger Mom
02-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Well, Kellye could be her witness :evillol:

That was my exact thought!! :p

25 years may exceed the statute of limitations though!!:D

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Well, Kellye could be her witness :evillol:

:smoker:

Ranger Mom
02-18-2008, 12:52 PM
I will have to send a PM to my "girls" and let you know of some of my "shenanigans" while I worked there!!:D

Gobbla2001
02-18-2008, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Red light cameras are not about safety. They are about generating revenue.:mad: :mad:

lol, don't break the law and you won't have to pay the light

:D

JasperDog94
02-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
lol, don't break the law and you won't have to pay the light

:D Some areas have been shown to shorten the lights at intersections with red light cameras.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Johnny 5
02-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
Some areas have been shown to shorten the lights at intersections with red light cameras.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

In the name of safety . . . when many studies show that increasing the yellow light time decreases accidents by about 70%

OldBison75
02-18-2008, 03:53 PM
Just like any segment of society you choose to look at, there are bad guys wearing cop uniforms. The large majority of the cops are not drug users and not on steroids. Cops have to take drug tests on a regular basis and if caught, they not only get in trouble, they lose the license to be a peace officer for life. In reality, the percentage of bad cops is very low, much lower than some college football teams have drug users, robbers, rapists, and drunk drivers. I bet that the UIL drug testing program will soon expose a number of high school athletes that have a much worse drug problem that the cops do. Always remember that you better try to get along with the dudes with the guns and badges, you never know who might be a cop.

Ranger Mom
02-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by OldBison75
Always remember that you better try to get along with the dudes with the guns and badges, you never know who might be a cop.

Some of them get very mad if you refer to them as a "dude"!!:D :D

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 04:01 PM
Some of them get very mad if you refer to them as a "dude"!!:D :D

especially the female officers...;)

Ranger Mom
02-18-2008, 04:03 PM
especially the female officers...;)

LOL!! I was actually referring to the post from last week about the kid who kept referring to the officer as "dude" and he got so mad.....did you see it??

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 04:04 PM
LOL!! I was actually referring to the post from last week about the kid who kept referring to the officer as "dude" and he got so mad.....did you see it??

haha, no I must have missed it.

Ranger Mom
02-18-2008, 04:10 PM
haha, no I must have missed it.

here is the thread (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=78434&highlight=dude)

The video link is at the bottom of the first post.

navscanmaster
02-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Seems like the thread kind of drifted to the 5% I was talking about........:( :mad:

I would suggest that if you have never really gotten to know or work with a police officer, just walk up to one and tell them thank you for doing what they do. It can really change and mold a person in that line of work when the public he is responsible for protecting interacts positively with him/her instead of shying away and staring wherever they go. When you talk to a person, they remember that they are just another human in this world, not an immovable object.
If you have warrants and are recognizable, maybe you should not heed this advice though....:p

Ranger Mom
02-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Seems like the thread kind of drifted to the 5% I was talking about........:( :mad:

I would suggest that if you have never really gotten to know or work with a police officer, just walk up to one and tell them thank you for doing what they do. It can really change and mold a person in that line of work when the public he is responsible for protecting interacts positively with him/her instead of shying away and staring wherever they go. When you talk to a person, they remember that they are just another human in this world, not an immovable object.
If you have warrants and are recognizable, maybe you should not heed this advice though....:p

Sorry to have hi-jacked your nice thread........we are bad about that!!:( :(

pirate4state
02-18-2008, 05:18 PM

Oops! :o Welcome to the downlow. You have "officially" arrived if your thread has been hijacked! :D

AP Panther Fan
02-18-2008, 05:36 PM

I am sorry to have hijacked also....Actually, I know a bunch of policemen and serve as a citizen/business person on their training advisory committee. Interesting stuff!

As P4S knows, my affiliation/friendship with these officers recently got me out of jury duty...thank goodness they were all going to be witnesses in the trial.:)

(actually they aren't all overweight either, I kind of like to kid about the weight thing);)

navscanmaster
02-18-2008, 06:06 PM
:) Well, gotta go to work to watch the criminals they lock up sleep! Such fun, such fun.;)