PDA

View Full Version : Former Horn RB Ramonce Taylor Sent To Jail!!!

ILS1
02-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Friday, February 15, 2008, 12:17 PM

Former Longhorn running back Ramonce Taylor is headed to jail for five months for violating his probation on a marijuana possession charge. Taylor, an explosive part of the Texas offense during the national championship run, left the Longhorns in spring 2006 when a suspension on academic problems turned into a dismissal when he was arrested on the marijuana charge.

Here’s the Associated Press account of Thursday’s revocation of Taylor’s probation:

State District Judge Martha Trudo on Thursday revoked Taylor’s probation from a state felony drug possession charge, sentencing him to two years in jail. She then suspended the sentence for five years under a process called “shock probation,” sending Taylor to jail for five months. He will remain on probation after his release.

“This will give him an opportunity to straighten out,” Bell County Assistant District Attorney Bob Odom told The Associated Press on Friday.

Clark’s mother, Ramona Clark, began wailing during the hearing and was removed from the courtroom, the Temple Daily Telegram reported. She passed out and hit her head on the floor, but regained consciousness a few seconds later.

“At some time you ought to realize what you are doing to your mother,” Trudo told Taylor. “This is your second and last chance.” Taylor’s attorney, Bucky Harris, did not immediately return a telephone message Friday from the AP.

Taylor’s college career ended after he was arrested in May 2006 and later pleaded guilty to having 4 ounces to 5 pounds of the drug in his vehicle. The drug was divided into four 1-pound bags.

Taylor was dismissed from the Longhorns and has continued to have legal problems with multiple probation violations, including two positive drug tests, failure to report to his probation officer, criminal trespassing and entering a nightclub where alcohol is served.

He was arrested just two weeks ago on a new charge of a possessing a small amount of marijuana, Odom said.

In court, Harris argued that the best way for Taylor to overcome his problems was through hard work and another chance to play professional football.

Taylor told the judge that he recently had a workout with the Kansas City Chiefs.

“I actually had a great tryout and they are thinking about signing me (as a special teams player),” Taylor said, asking the judge for another chance at probation.

“I’d rather be a role model and put God first in my life,” Taylor said. “I lost God when I went to college and stopped going to church.”

Story Link (www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/longhorns/entries/2008/02/15/ramonce_taylor_2.html)

LH Panther Mom
02-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Shocking news. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Emerson1
02-15-2008, 06:30 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SOXvVKTzKsI

good song lol

He was so under appreciated at Texas

kepdawg
02-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Shocking news. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yeah, we shouldn't be surprised this coming from a former Texas high school football player! :(

Rocket Dad
02-15-2008, 06:33 PM
His troubles go back to middle school when he was bounced around between Temple and Belton for numerous problems in school

injuredinmelee
02-15-2008, 10:07 PM
such a waste of talent.

Phil did society do this to him?

Phil C
02-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
such a waste of talent.

Phil did society do this to him?

He had second chances. Unfortunately he didn't make good decisions. This really tears me up because he had great talent and a potential NFL career and he threw away an opportunity that many of us would love to have. He is like Andre Jones who I think could have been a great DE at UT.

What a tragic waste by both players over foolishness.

King_LeYoeNidas
02-16-2008, 01:47 PM
his mom Ramona actually works with me (though I haven't seen her in a while) @ Sprint in Temple. I remember when they won the National Title he came up to the building as if he was a celebrity....and you better believe all the Killeen based hoodrats I work with treated him as such.

jimmyceatworld
02-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Again? No way!!!