PDA

View Full Version : Got Wood?

GWOOD
02-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Is this an inappropriate phrase?

We made up a lot of baseball t-shirts with this on the front as part of spirit wear fundraising. This is a popular baseball phrase (several baseball companies sell t-shirts with this phrase) and we thought it was especially a great phrase for us - Got Wood? Greenwood Baseball

But we were told we could not sell them because this is an inappropriate phrase. Did you think of that when you saw the phrase on the first page? We were told that it is an obvious reference to the term "woody", if you know what I mean. I.e., it's saying "Do you have a woody?" Not one of us thought that when we were ordering it.

Are we just out of the loop or was there an over-reaction to this?

BobcatBenny
02-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Being the one of the leaders of double entendre here on the Down Low, I would have to say, that is a bit over the top for high school t-shirts.

It is clever. :)

Sweetwater Red
02-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD

We made up a lot of baseball t-shirts with this on the front as part of spirit wear fundraising. This is a popular baseball phrase (several baseball companies sell t-shirts with this phrase) and we thought it was especially a great phrase for us - Got Wood? Greenwood Baseball

But we were told we could not sell them because this is an inappropriate phrase. Did you think of that when you saw the phrase on the first page? We were told that it is an obvious reference to the term "woody", if you know what I mean. I.e., it's saying "Do you have a woody?" Not one of us thought that when we were ordering it.

If everyone interpreted it like "Got Milk" it would be okay. But
we're talking about high school kids. :thinking:

icu812
02-15-2008, 05:45 PM
Our wood shop class had "Got Wood?" T-shirts made up a couple years ago :D

nobogey72
02-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Unfortunately, IMO, it definitely be perceived as ........OMG did you see what that Tshirt said! :(

Ranger Mom
02-15-2008, 05:53 PM
I am ashamed to admit that I perceived it as a "woody" myself!!

crzyjournalist03
02-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I am ashamed to admit that I perceived it as a "woody" myself!!

I think the cartoon in your signature sums up my thoughts exactly on this issue!!!

AP Panther Fan
02-15-2008, 06:02 PM
I can see this one not flying under the radar.

I hope you didn't order too many.:(

rockdale80
02-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Well I had the phrase "Beat us on the field....or Beat us off" removed from my signature line because of how it is interpreted. So I guess anything can be misconstrued. ;)

sinton66
02-15-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD

If they're printed tees, use a magic marker and write in "^den bats":D

STANG RED
02-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Once again political correctness run amuck. :mad: But what can you do?:(

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Well I had the phrase "Beat us on the field....or Beat us off" removed from my signature line because of how it is interpreted. So I guess anything can be misconstrued. ;)

Haha I just about fell outta my chair when I read this.