PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys & Jamal Charles

Astrosdawg07
02-14-2008, 04:01 PM
What do you Cowboys fan think about the Cowboys taking Jamal Charles in the first round if he is still there? We will need another HB with the loss of Julius Jone and I think he speed will be a good contrast to Barbers tough running style.

piratebg
02-14-2008, 04:02 PM
The name I keep hearing and seeing is Felix Jones. I don't know if they are gonna take a RB in the first round, but if they wait until the second, they may be able to get Charles there. I don't think he'll be a first round pick.

Emerson1
02-14-2008, 04:04 PM
If he is still there in the 2nd depending on how many have gone already then they should take him. He didn't show anything in college that made him worth a first round draft pick.

BwdLions
02-14-2008, 04:32 PM
With the ties Jerry has to UA, I think he'll do whatever it takes to land either McFadden or Jones. However, I don't think there's any way he'll get McFadden since he'll be taken in top three picks.

nobogey72
02-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by BwdLions
With the ties Jerry has to UA, I think he'll do whatever it takes to land either McFadden or Jones. However, I don't think there's any way he'll get McFadden since he'll be taken in top three picks.

Jones has been known to trade up. But, to get the real scoop, we will have to hear from G$$, he will know all the inside stuff, rock solid sources, take it to the bank type stuff.:rolleyes: :thinking:

JR2004
02-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by nobogey72
Jones has been known to trade up. But, to get the real scoop, we will have to hear from G$$, he will know all the inside stuff, rock solid sources, take it to the bank type stuff.:rolleyes: :thinking:

LOL...Comedy Gold right here.

DU_stud04
02-14-2008, 04:49 PM
he's got good hands, and can be pretty explosive. id like to see him make a name for himself in the next level.

Txbroadcaster
02-14-2008, 04:52 PM

Actually Jones has been known more to trade down

pirate4state
02-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Jones has been known to trade up. But, to get the real scoop, we will have to hear from G$$, he will know all the inside stuff, rock solid sources, take it to the bank type stuff.:rolleyes: :thinking: You have a crush on g$$?

Hill Man
02-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
What do you Cowboys fan think about the Cowboys taking Jamal Charles in the first round if he is still there? We will need another HB with the loss of Julius Jone and I think he speed will be a good contrast to Barbers tough running style.

What happened to Julius Jones? Haven't been paying attention to the Cowboys since the loss to the Giants. I know his playing time was cut late in the season and he might get traded or cut.

injuredinmelee
02-14-2008, 05:12 PM
Charles fared well at the Skills competition I saw on tv recently. It will be interesting to see what he does at the combine.

Adidas410s
02-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Charles is a 2nd to 3rd round RB....no need to waste a 1st rd pick on a small RB NOT named Emmitt Smith...

Astrosdawg07
02-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Hill Man
What happened to Julius Jones? Haven't been paying attention to the Cowboys since the loss to the Giants. I know his playing time was cut late in the season and he might get traded or cut.

He's a free agent and neither side has any interest in each other.

injuredinmelee
02-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Jones was a terrible pick by the Cowboys. He had not proved anything in college and Jones was trying to play Jimmy Johnson and find a diamond in the rough. Too bad it didnt work.

Maybe I just dislike Jones because he played at Notre Dame.

kepdawg
02-14-2008, 05:18 PM
I don't care who they take, where they take them, or what they pay them as long as they can play!

Astrosdawg07
02-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
Jones was a terrible pick by the Cowboys. He had not proved anything in college and Jones was trying to play Jimmy Johnson and find a diamond in the rough. Too bad it didnt work.

Maybe I just dislike Jones because he played at Notre Dame.

Actually Jones played pretty well, he was just overshadowed by the emergence of Barber.

Txbroadcaster
02-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

That was not a "Jerry Jones" pick, that was a Bill Parcells pick all the way..Big Bill ran the draft while he was here, not Jerry

crzyjournalist03
02-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
That was not a "Jerry Jones" pick, that was a Bill Parcells pick all the way..Big Bill ran the draft while he was here, not Jerry

Right on.

Jones wanted to take Steven Jackson, but Parcells wanted to trade down and grabbed Jones in the next round.

Macarthur
02-14-2008, 05:44 PM
True, Julius Jones is a Bill Parcells special. While he did a very good job of rebuilding the roster, he did have some misses.

emerson is right; Charles does not have a first round grade. I think I read most people have him with a 3rd round grade. I would not mind the boys getting him in the 2nd depending on what happens before then. If we have addressed DB, then I'm okay with it.

Maroon87
02-14-2008, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Astrosdawg07
Actually Jones played pretty well, he was just overshadowed by the emergence of Barber.

Yeah Jones had some moments...I remember specifically that big Monday night game he had vs. Seattle and a 194-yd game vs. Carolina.

TexanAlum_06
02-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Jones was great when he got out into the open field.... but that didnt happen very often......

TexanAlum_06
02-14-2008, 06:19 PM
I think JC's biggest question marks are his size and durability, the fumbling issues could pose problems for him as well. with a healthy productive senior season he could of easily been a 1st rounder.

crzyjournalist03
02-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06
I think JC's biggest question marks are his size and durability, the fumbling issues could pose problems for him as well. with a healthy productive senior season he could of easily been a 1st rounder.

but right there you listed three issues...do you really think they would have all gone away in a year?

I doubt even if he had stayed he would have moved higher than a second rounder.

Txbroadcaster
02-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by TexanAlum_06

Durabiltiy and fumble issues yes..size no...the guy is 6'1 205..yes he could add maybe 10 pounds, but he is not a little guy or anything

TexanAlum_06
02-14-2008, 06:39 PM
no theres no garuntee none of those things would of changed, BUT... ASSUMING he would of improved his physical stature and gotten stronger in the off-season and started next year with the Fire we saw in him the last 5 games of the season with an improved and more experienced offensive line, and less RB's in the nation to compete with (mc fadden, UCF RB.. etc)...... the pieces would of been in place for an oustanding season statistically and national exposure wise, heisman.... blah blah you never know. IMO he needed another year of development before going pro. Thats just my opinion on the matter, afterall this is a message board and 90% of the posts on this board are OPINIONS. and we are entitled to them.

TexanAlum_06
02-14-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Durabiltiy and fumble issues yes..size no...the guy is 6'1 205..yes he could add maybe 10 pounds, but he is not a little guy or anything

Yeah good point, I was thinking he was smaller, IDK why he just seems small to me for a RB. by the numbers he isnt. thanks for the facts...