PDA

View Full Version : Arp's Sedrick Johnson (crazy story)

lostaussie
02-14-2008, 03:59 PM
check this out:doh:

Yesterday the attorneys for Texas A&M University in conjunction with Sedrick Johnson`s Mother petitioned the NCAA to overturn Sederick`s scholarship with Iowa State on the grounds that his Father signed the papers and he was not the managing conservator. The NCAA approved this. This morning his mother gave him a choice of A&M or JR college. He chose Blinn. His mother called Sherman to tell him and he told her who the Blinn coach was. She made him sign with A&M this morning at 11:00.

pirate4state
02-14-2008, 04:01 PM
huh?

lostaussie
02-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
huh? i cannot give up my sources:D but it is a done deal. talk about momma yanking the chain!!!!!!!!

Aesculus gilmus
02-14-2008, 04:25 PM
He must not be 18 yet or he'd be able to make this decision himself.

Why would you want to force someone against his will to be an Aggie? I can't see how this is in the best interest of either the recruit OR TAMU.

jimmyceatworld
02-14-2008, 04:28 PM
I played him my freshman year!!! They were one of only 3 teams to beat us that year, pretty close game. The team wasn't that impressive (in my eyes) but he was huge and scored and rejected shots fairly easily. He got me once ...

eagles_victory
02-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
I played him my freshman year!!! They were one of only 3 teams to beat us that year, pretty close game. The team wasn't that impressive (in my eyes) but he was huge and scored and rejected shots fairly easily. He got me once ... I remember that game in the Rusk tournament. Toland and Pearce were slapping the floor together like Coach K and Greg Palus but there talking football on this thread.

texasjeremy
02-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Aesculus gilmus
He must not be 18 yet or he'd be able to make this decision himself.

Why would you want to force someone against his will to be an Aggie? I can't see how this is in the best interest of either the recruit OR TAMU.

ISU should file a petition that it was cruel and unusual punishment, which is what forcing someone to go aggy is.

jimmyceatworld
02-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I remember that game in the Rusk tournament. Toland and Pearce were slapping the floor together like Coach K and Greg Palus but there talking football on this thread.

LOL! That was hilarious. Oh football ... I figured big player, made the state tourney as a sophomore, and consequently was thinking round ball.

In that tourney did you see Wade make such a bad pass that it hit the American flag on the wall? LMAO

Buccaneer
02-14-2008, 05:45 PM
I didnt know who the Blinn coach was until I looked it up.

KL3
02-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Lostaussie, your story is not completely true. The part about Blinn didn't happen.

Astrosdawg07
02-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
I didnt know who the Blinn coach was until I looked it up.

Who is it?

navscanmaster
02-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Brad Franchione

lostaussie
02-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by KL3
Lostaussie, your story is not completely true. The part about Blinn didn't happen. might not have happened, but the souce I have was right on top of the situation. and I said that not trying to down on the Blinn program at all. just reporting what i was told. I am an Aggie fan....................but I firmly believe if the kid wanted to be somwhere else, that is where he should have been. Sed is a super talent, that i have seen play on several occasions. I hope his momma didn't make a bad career choice for him. But on the other hand, if he goes to A&M and becomes a superstud, I'm down with that too.

coach
02-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by jimmyceatworld
LOL! That was hilarious. Oh football ... I figured big player, made the state tourney as a sophomore, and consequently was thinking round ball.

In that tourney did you see Wade make such a bad pass that it hit the American flag on the wall? LMAO

was that the tourney when bryce morgan shot the ball at the school bell thinking it was the buzzer?

lostaussie
02-15-2008, 10:01 AM
from smoaky.com

Arp AD/Head Football Coach Dale Irwin told KTBB Sports and Smoaky.com senior receiver Sedrick Johnson did in fact sign and fax a national Letter-of-Intent to Texas A&M on Thursday morning.

However, Coach Irwin was cautious in exactly what all of this means, because there is no way to tell how the NCAA, Big XII, Iowa State, or even Texas A&M will react.

For those who don't know, Sedrick signed a national Letter-of-Intent with Iowa State on National Signing Day, but his mother has questioned the validity of the original LOI, and is asking for a waiver to void it.

Meanwhile, AggieYell.com is reporting A&M has called a press conference to most likely announce Johnson's signing on Friday.

David Smoak

Panther One
02-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Maybe Sedrick was just really excited about Iowa State's new USC-knockoff uniforms that they're unvailing next season.

http://images.clonechronicles.com/images/admin/newhome.png

lostaussie
02-15-2008, 08:34 PM
This story is getting better folks, as Sedrick is now back to being a Cyclone. it's crazy and i don't type well enough to tell the whole story:doh: but...............it may not be over. i think it is, but it could get ugly.

Panther One
02-15-2008, 08:38 PM
You know what's going to happen with this whole ordeal? Johnson's not going to qualify and wind up at a Juco.

lostaussie
02-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
You know what's going to happen with this whole ordeal? Johnson's not going to qualify and wind up at a Juco. i have already been thinking the same thing..............this story behind the seens is truly amazing.

Old Dog
02-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Anyone seeking this kid to play for them ought to drop him like a hot rock..................he WILL be trouble down the road someday!

Txbroadcaster
02-16-2008, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Old Dog
Anyone seeking this kid to play for them ought to drop him like a hot rock..................he WILL be trouble down the road someday!

That is IMO an unfair statement...Seems to me this is not even about him, but his parents