PDA

View Full Version : Kines new A&M DC

Old Tiger
02-13-2008, 09:56 PM
BBDE what do you think of the hire? It's a good one IMO.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBkZO6WQ278

wildstangs
02-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Great enthusiasm. I remember watching that speech. Colin Cowherd (ESPN radio) made fun of him for days.

Panther One
02-14-2008, 12:17 AM
I like the hire. At this time of year with spring practices nearing, it's tough to find a quality DC. To get someone like Kines is pretty awesome. When Herring bolted, I didn't know who we'd end up with, but Kines is a good grab. He had the #2 defense in the nation at Alabama in both '04 and '05, so he knows what he's doing. He's probably not the greatest recruiter, but at this point, I think X's and O's are more important. There are plenty of other good recruiters on staff. At 63, he's not the long-term solution, but he's a pretty good candidate to get things turned around.

Old Tiger
02-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Panther One
There are plenty of other good recruiters on staff. . Is there? Them good recruiters lost some good talent when Franny left.

Panther One
02-14-2008, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Is there? Them good recruiters lost some good talent when Franny left.
I'll trade the guys we lost for Fuller and Gray, and holding on to Davis. Those are probably the three best players in the class. Considering most of this staff was hired in mid January, it would probably be wise to wait until next year's class to judge their recruiting efforts.

Maroon87
02-14-2008, 01:52 AM
Kines is a proven DC. If he can survive Danny Ford, then Sherman should be a piece of cake.