PDA

View Full Version : Hilary and Obama to debate in Austin

buff4life
02-13-2008, 07:43 PM
at the University of Texas...i'm trying to scheme my way in

Adidas410s
02-13-2008, 07:48 PM
That would be interesting to get into...if only to pull a "don't tase me bro" incident! ;)

Bull19
02-13-2008, 08:00 PM
IS OBAMA A MUSLIM?

JR2004
02-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
IS OBAMA A MUSLIM?

No

lostaussie
02-13-2008, 08:45 PM
we should nominate BBDE to go:D Gary will set the record straight. He is the smartest Democrat I can think of.

Matthew328
02-13-2008, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
IS OBAMA A MUSLIM?

Even if he was a muslim it wouldn't matter....

Bull19
02-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

:thinking: thats ur opinion. mine might be different

Adidas410s
02-13-2008, 09:06 PM
if he was Muslim...the South (aka conservative Christian vote) would come out in record numbers and if Obama won...they might try to defect from the Union...again. From racial intolerance/ignorance to religious intolerance/ignorance! :(

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-14-2008, 12:08 AM

Yeah Matt, I agree with you on alot of things but it would matter. I would be huge in this election.

JR2004
02-14-2008, 12:20 AM

If I were a Democrat, and I'm not, that would cause me to not vote for him. I couldn't in good conscience do that if that was the case with Obama or any other candidate for that matter.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
If I were a Democrat, and I'm not, that would cause me to not vote for him. I couldn't in good conscience do that if that was the case with Obama or any other candidate for that matter.

Word

Old Tiger
02-14-2008, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
If I were a Democrat, and I'm not, that would cause me to not vote for him. I couldn't in good conscience do that if that was the case with Obama or any other candidate for that matter. Why, just because they're Muslim? If you don't mind me asking.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Why, just because they're Muslim? If you don't mind me asking.

I'll throw in my opinion on the matter. We are a country founded on the basis of freedom. Religous choice is a consequence of that freedom. However when we are fighting a war on "terror" against people of a certain religion, I agree that it is hard to vote for someone of that religion. Myself having a Hebrew heritage understand the need for religous freedom and acceptance. However I do understand why people would not vote for a Muslim. Now I also see that "terrorists" are extremists and we find those in all religions, but that does not mean that there isn't any merit in just not voting for someone because of their religous beliefs. It's our God given right to do so, this country isn't ready for a Muslim or Women president. Hell, we couldn't elect a Catholic until the 1960s.

JR2004
02-14-2008, 12:35 AM
Why, just because they're Muslim? If you don't mind me asking.

I believe I gave an answer to your question in my prior response to Matt.

Old Tiger
02-14-2008, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I'll throw in my opinion on the matter. We are a country founded on the basis of freedom. Religous choice is a consequence of that freedom. However when we are fighting a war on "terror" against people of a certain religion, That is where I stopped reading. Not all Muslims are terrorist. Not all terrorist are Muslim.

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-14-2008, 12:37 AM
That is where I stopped reading. Not all Muslims are terrorist. Not all terrorist are Muslim.

I agree with you, as I later said, they are extremist, as found in all relgions. Look at the Christion Crusades.

Old Tiger
02-14-2008, 12:38 AM
I agree with you, as I later said, they are extremist, as found in all relgions. Look at the Christion Crusades. Hell look at the southern baptist! haha they are nuts

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-14-2008, 12:46 AM
Hell look at the southern baptist! haha they are nuts

Aren't all religions nuts if you really think about it?

Old Tiger
02-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Aren't all religions nuts if you really think about it? well IMO religions are stupid in general. God is great and so is Jesus too....just throwing that in there so you all don't think i'm some anti-christ

ASUFrisbeeStud
02-14-2008, 12:49 AM
well IMO religions are stupid in general. God is great and so is Jesus too....just throwing that in there so you all don't think i'm some anti-christ

So is Muhammed and Siddhartha and Lennon

SINTON81
02-14-2008, 09:10 AM
well IMO religions are stupid in general. God is great and so is Jesus too....just throwing that in there so you all don't think i'm some anti-christ
To late.:D :D